PDA

View Full Version : Saw a new Dodge Neon SRT-4 today...

ICEBERG
11-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Was driving on Deerfoot today going downtown with my wife for some X-Mas shopping when i spotted this silver car coming pretty fast on my A$$. At first i thought it was a Dodge Viper then when he got closer it was a Neon. I moved for him to pass me so i could check to see if it was the new SRT and it was.

It was a young guy driving it. He was around 22-27 years of age. Very sharp looking car with silver color. I didn't know they where out here yet?

LancerShelby
11-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Was driving on Deerfoot today going downtown with my wife for some X-Mas shopping when i spotted this silver car coming pretty fast on my A$$. At first i thought it was a Dodge Viper then when he got closer it was a Neon. I moved for him to pass me so i could check to see if it was the new SRT and it was.

It was a young guy driving it. He was around 22-27 years of age. Very sharp looking car with silver color. I didn't know they where out here yet? They are, for about 2 months now.

MK3HKS
11-16-2003, 08:08 PM
At first i thought it was a Dodge Viper then when he got closer it was a Neon

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seanith
11-16-2003, 09:38 PM
^^ They kinda look teh same? :dunno: lol :rofl:

mutsuraboshi
11-16-2003, 10:29 PM
how do u mix up a viper with a neon??? haha no offense

VWhooligan
11-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by mutsuraboshi
how do u mix up a viper with a neon??? haha no offense

both dodges with hoodscoops?

Audi Kid
11-16-2003, 11:16 PM
hehe probably from crowfoot dodge :) i did the delivery clean on that bitch.....fucking nice

Audi Kid
11-16-2003, 11:16 PM
hehe probably from crowfoot dodge :) i did the delivery clean on that bitch.....fucking nice

C4S
11-16-2003, 11:27 PM
You work for Crowfoot Dodge ? nice .. some 04 Viper there yet ?

Pynch
11-17-2003, 04:28 AM
i think i seen one a few weeks ago, looked like a neon but then again it didn't. I was sure it was but didn't wanna take the chance of lookin like a fool so i didnt line up with him.

diesel_boy
11-17-2003, 05:10 PM
i saw him on 16th ave today nice looking car....

ninspeed
11-17-2003, 05:37 PM
somebody leased one though Jack Carter last week... black... not a bad car.. I took one for a test drive about a month ago... was impresed by the power.. but the power windows in the front and crank in the back really turned me away from the car

rice_eater
11-17-2003, 06:03 PM
that seems to be the neon trademark :banghead:

That.Guy.S30
11-17-2003, 07:31 PM
saw a red one at U of C today.. haha damn taht thing is ugly..

illeagle
11-17-2003, 07:46 PM
It's all about weight, Chrysler was gonna set the SRT-4 up with a quality stereo (subs, amp, CD) but the 1/4 mile times got slower, and that's not acceptable, haha, That's prolly why they have crank in the back power up front, Weight reduction

Idratherbsidewayz
11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Those motors in the power windows weigh next to nothing... Its got a crank cuz they were on a tight budget...

C4S
11-17-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
saw a red one at U of C today.. haha damn taht thing is ugly..

:D yeah ...

That.Guy.S30
11-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by C4S

:D yeah ...

ahah was that you dude?..

Mckenzie
11-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I saw a yellow one the other day driving to school and :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: god those things are ugly....

People can talk "speed and performance for the money" all day long and I wont dispute that for a second, but they look like the inside of someones ass....:thumbsdow

rhizzle
11-24-2003, 08:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^ Thats some sick shit Mckenzie, i dont think they are half bad. They got balls, and its an affordable car. But it sure does lack appearence qualitys.

link785
11-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
but they look like the inside of someones ass....:thumbsdow

Interesting analogy, you wouldn't happen to know what the inside of someone's ass really looks like, right? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mckenzie
11-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by link785

Interesting analogy, you wouldn't happen to know what the inside of someone's ass really looks like, right? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol....I figured saying that it looked like shit would not really describe the ugliness factor of the car.... the inside of someones ass sounds worse and actually describes my opinion of the looks of the car....

And no I dont actually know what the inside of someones ass looks like...:angel:

I would still like to drive one though just to see how it performs.... I dont care for the looks but the performance is very impressive....

hjr
11-25-2003, 10:55 AM
I saw a SRT-4 here in edmonton as well. They are around. not terrible looking cars, just soo depressing with that silly dodge logo on the front...

maximus454
12-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I saw a yellow one the other day driving to school and :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: god those things are ugly....

People can talk "speed and performance for the money" all day long and I wont dispute that for a second, but they look like the inside of someones ass....:thumbsdow to each is own, i find a legend looks like my grandpa's dull old plain boring car.......:zzz:

1badPT
12-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Its definitely not a polished car. There are NO comfort options in the SRT-4 whatsoever. Someone mentioned power windows, but to my knowledge, not even the fronts come as power windows.

The car is about cheap performance with a waranty. Not made to look pretty, or to be luxurious. If you are looking for something with leather seats/air conditioning/overall polished fit and finish, look elsewhere. If you want to bury cars that cost twice as much, you found yourself a car :thumbsup:

EDIT: just checked, yeah there are power windows up front. But that's it for comfort :tongue:

EK 2.0
12-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

EDIT: just checked, yeah there are power windows up front. But that's it for comfort :tongue:

Not for comfort...to ease window roll down to collect the 13 second timeslips...

1badPT
12-16-2003, 07:35 PM
LOL good point :D

5.9 R/T
12-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Or 200 dollar speeding tickets.

maximus454
12-16-2003, 07:51 PM
as a/c and cd also, and confort , i had before, this time i wanted something fun to drive, and that it is ! since i cant afford more, went and got myself one.:)
my brother got the mazdaspeed, nice and japanese and all , but torque wise , forget it ..

did i mention the deep growl in the back
;)

hjr
12-16-2003, 08:31 PM
holy welcome to a month ago!

Ben
12-16-2003, 09:41 PM
I had an encounter with a nice guy in a Red SRT-4 today, gave him the thumbsup, he noded smiled and returned it. He then changed lanes and hauled ass, those cars sound pretty good :)

1badPT
12-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Yeah I love the sound.

I dunno how long this link will be good for, but here's a link to car and driver's review of the SRT-4 (2003 model).
Right click here (http://import.h8rs.com/drizze99/neon.wmv) to save (yeah the dl is slow but hey you'll get to hear that awesome exhaust note)

LancerShelby
12-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by maximus454
as a/c and cd also, and confort , i had before, this time i wanted something fun to drive, and that it is ! since i cant afford more, went and got myself one.:)
my brother got the mazdaspeed, nice and japanese and all , but torque wise , forget it ..

did i mention the deep growl in the back
;) Good choice!! Now go roast some of the haters on here:thumbsup:

Mckenzie
12-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by maximus454
to each is own, i find a legend looks like my grandpa's dull old plain boring car.......:zzz:

I can see you put some thought into this. :rolleyes:

What does your grandpa drive by the way?

Just so I can see what kind of car you are referring to....

SickBastard
12-17-2003, 11:34 AM
No way I am confussing a neon with a viper.

C4S
12-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Actually,

I finally went to look at those Neon Turbo with my gf, at first, she refused to walk in a "domestic" car dealership .. ;)

Anyway, It is not that bad ! that neon Turbo looks nice, and the interior is for sure nicer then most Japanese car ( such as Toyota GT-S, Corolla, Civic ..etc.... ) the salesperson also told me that I can get a "300HP" upgrade kit from Chrysler for good money.

Of course, I perfer a WRX or Sti, but for just $28K, with racing seats, sunroof, body kit, spoiler, loaded 230Hp....and no waiting time..... that is not bad ! and I am surprise ! I think a WRX is like $ 37K ? :poosie:

Ben
12-17-2003, 03:12 PM
My only real distaste with the car is that dumb ass spoiler, it looks so cheesy, doesn't suit the lines of the car at all, but other than that, best bang for your buck I've seen in a long while.

rc2002
12-17-2003, 03:46 PM
I was in the showroom and the sales guy let me start it up and run it for a bit. It sounds mean. I think it was mufflerless...

I just wonder about resale. It's limited edition so it should hold value, but at the same time it's domestic...

Ben
12-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I was in the showroom and the sales guy let me start it up and run it for a bit. It sounds mean. I think it was mufflerless...

I just wonder about resale. It's limited edition so it should hold value, but at the same time it's domestic...

And their Financing rates which depreciates their cars like a disease. I guess only time will tell.

1badPT
12-17-2003, 03:49 PM
If you are buying, it won't matter much anyways, but if you plan to lease, yeah the residual is going to be pretty low, so the monthly payment will be high.

LancerShelby
12-19-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
It sounds mean. I think it was mufflerless... You're right, it is. It has a cat and resonsator up front though.

JCX
12-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Poor little SRT-4 gets so much hate. Maybe it's becuase for years there's been a longing in North America for a powerful, affordable turbo sport compact and Dodge finally made one? No, couldn't be :angel: .

Seriously, my brother has had an SRT-4 for about a month in Calgary here and just turned 1500 kms. From what I've seen most people's attitudes about the car change when then actually get to sit in one and take it for a ride. It's much faster than anyone really expects, which makes for humorous reactions. It handles nice and the interior is light years better than they expect.

Yes it has no power rear windows, like all Neons and SX 2.0s. It's odd, but not nearly the deal people like to make of it. It's not like it was left out on the SRT-4 to save a few bucks. The car is not perfect of course. Sometimes it's too loud, it would be nice to have cruise control and the mileage is not enjoyable. Those are really my only complaints. I should say, the abundance of tourque makes highway driving pretty easy though, you just tap the gas in 5th and away you go.

If you get a chance, take a ride in one. You might be surprised :). Appearance is something for the individual, in my opinion they did a good job with what they had to work with.

BTW, my bro just dynoed today at 234hp and 260tq @ the wheels (bone stock on a dynojet). Can't wait for stage II.

Can't we all just get along? :nut:

LancerShelby
12-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Once again, Mopar starts something new!! They always bring out the new shit....Hemi engine design, cab forward design, minivans, dual sliding doors, only domestic manufacturer to put turbo's in just about everything during the 80's-early 90's, big truck design with the Ram in '94. Mercedes-Benz wouldn't have joined with them if they were such a "shit" company. This is why I like them, they don't follow everyone else.

Wildcat
12-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by C4S
You work for Crowfoot Dodge ? nice .. some 04 Viper there yet ?

i saw a silver 04 Viper last summer driving down highway 2 on the way to work, looks 1000x better in person compared to the pics. some ppl are critical on the new look, but you cant judge it through a picture it has to be seen to be appreciated.

so ya im guessing that thers a few around :D

LancerShelby
12-24-2003, 10:22 PM
I love the look of the Viper when it's in your rear view:drool: The HID's look like fuckin' eyes:eek:

redx2nv
12-24-2003, 10:39 PM
At first i thought it was a Dodge Viper then when he got closer it was a Neon.

hehe, similar story. i saw one in a parking lot, and thought what fag would put that big of wing on their neon sx2.0???? upon closer inspection it was a srt4, im suprised they arent even lowered the slightest bit.

carzcraz
12-25-2003, 01:45 AM
Beyond member Phuqu has a black srt-4. Saw it today... awesome sounding :thumbsup:

1WiCkEdWrX
12-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by C4S
I think a WRX is like $ 37K ?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
IDIOT

Tilly
01-08-2004, 03:31 PM
You guys should see the new 850 hp V-12 supercar by chrysler. I don't see any other company doing that: domestic (american) or import (asian).

I'm gonna go ahead and take the liberty of many-a-responses from all the haters by saying: "it's ugly", and "but it's still a chrysler". In response to that I will say: "all you people who think a car is better than another car are idiots. a car is a car.. who gives a fuck."

Check it out:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=coverstory&loc_code=&content_code=02120930

gr8_one
02-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Took a neon SRT 4 for a test drive yesterday... needless to say I am taking delivery of mine in November. Was looking to get a lil feedback for some other ideas I can do to it. I am going to void the warranty the first month I have it but thats all good... I am putting the turbo upgrade on it, chip that bad boy, stuff some stage 2 coilovers under for even better handling... and this puppy lacks very lil in the handling. Was thinking about replacing header all the way bac but not sure yet. Definately have to put a short shifter in that bad boy... had a hard time going 3rd to 4th racing when I tested. I live in Germany so I was racing a 325i down the autobahn... SRT 4 beat that BMW. Surprised the hell out of me... my previous car was an 02 325ci, I loved that car... then I missed a turn and went thru 40 foot of gaurd rail... that sucked. Anyways hope you guys have some more ideas for me. The SRT 4 comes factory 230HP but I want to push it to beat my buddies Cobra.

car
02-28-2004, 11:57 AM
At first i thought it was a Dodge Viper then when he got closer it was a Neon.
do u need glasses? new mirrors?

Billy
03-03-2004, 01:36 PM
yep, got smoke by one of those...

Seanith
03-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by car

do u need glasses? new mirrors?

maybe his beer goggles were on? :dunno: