PDA

View Full Version : Worst part about drag wars!

HRD2PLZ
08-25-2002, 12:55 AM
I think the overall worst part of the whole day was...getting burnt! I usually don't burn, but now I am as red as a freakin lobster! And its a farmers tan too! :banghead:

I had fun though, it was good to meet some people and see their cars from the forums I have talked to but never met, and it was awesome seeing a whole buncha people I haven't seen in quite a while.

sexualbanana
08-25-2002, 04:48 AM
i think not displaying the times of the 1/4 times was a mistake, because u don't actually know what time they ran.

i also didn't like how it was a show and shine AND a 1/4 event. it's a good idea but i don't think a lot of people wanted to spend all morning shining their car and prepping their displays THEN go out to race.

that stage with the performers was pretty goddamn useless too.

ManHunter
08-25-2002, 07:51 AM
All I can say, and I wasn't even there, is it's the first time something like this gets organized, it can't be perfect the first time. Especially when you have to move an event like this to another city with a 2 weeks notice.

The organizers have learned what works good and what doesn't work so good. The next one will be even better, and hopfully closer to Edmonton so we can go too.

MH

James
08-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Yeah i am Burnt to a crisp as well!:thumbsdow well, my face and forearms anyway.:(

HRD2PLZ
08-25-2002, 01:10 PM
oh yeah, forgot about the stage performers :thumbsdow anfd it would been nice to see the 1/4 mile times...:dunno:

GingeRRRBeef
08-25-2002, 07:23 PM
who the hell were those guys on the stage anyways???

are they tone deaf??? Cause they sang pretty much everything off key.

I'm surprised that I didn't burn. I just got really dark.

I was most disappointed with bikini contest!!!!! I realize the overall the quality of girls wasn't the greatest but there were a couple nice ones and I'm sure they'd probably would have gone under the water to cool down from the scorching heat yesterday. ;)

I agree that they should have the 1/4 mile time up.

My best time was 16.11 in my Spec V. I think that's pretty good considering it was my first time out running the 1/4 mile. But meh!

Azncowboy
08-25-2002, 08:06 PM
I didn't really car for being timed...u win or lose...thats all that matters ...if u want times goto the track...

the races could of gone lots faster that way...and the pace car thing....so slow...
but a awesome turn out...really enjoyed it

ecstasyracer
08-25-2002, 08:46 PM
For me the best part was driving down there with the 20-25 cars that met up at the collasium and also driving home to with about 12 cars. Nothing like ripping past minivans with a bunch of modded imports well above the speed limit!

The cars on display were great too!

:banghead: i missed the bikini contest though.

Ben
08-26-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
Nothing like ripping past minivans with a bunch of modded imports well above the speed limit!

And yet we wonder why events like these have such hard times being approved by businesses and law enforcement, and why the public image looks at the import scene in such a distasteful preception. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

Redlyne_mr2
08-26-2002, 04:27 PM
some kid got punched out by on eof the security guards anybody know him?

ninjak84
08-26-2002, 05:44 PM
the racing was REALLY bad, thats my only complaint.
and everyone left by 5pm, i was hoping it would go a lil later.

it was as good as i was expecting though:thumbsup:

GT2NV
08-27-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
For me the best part was driving down there with the 20-25 cars that met up at the collasium and also driving home to with about 12 cars. Nothing like ripping past minivans with a bunch of modded imports well above the speed limit!

The cars on display were great too!

:banghead: i missed the bikini contest though.
were you the guy that was shootin fire out of his exaust infront of me :nut: :nut: haha i was like WTF!!!!!!:eek: :)

ecstasyracer
08-27-2002, 11:54 PM
LOL..yah that would be me. You should see it at night though it looks a lot better.

GT2NV
08-28-2002, 01:18 PM
whats done to your car man? thats nuts:nut:

ecstasyracer
08-28-2002, 04:45 PM
I have a Racing Beat header, the 3 catalyic converters removed, and 2 1/4 inch piping to a Tsuado dragger style muffler. On most rotary engines when you open up the exhaut like that you get the flames. Oh and i have a cone filter to.

ninjak84
08-29-2002, 01:33 PM
thats so sweet!
i have to meet you somewhere at night to get a picture of it
didnt see it on the way up or back from ft. mcleod