PDA

View Full Version : Possible to beat speeding ticket?

Sally.Simpson
10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm a new driver, got my first speeding ticket - $170 for doing 60 in a playground zone.

I know I screwed up - I always honor playground zones, but didn't see this one.

The ticket appears to be in order and accurate, and photo of my vehicle is good. Is there some trick I can use to beat it?

Tarrantula
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM
The best way to beat it.. is to be a cops son.

Other than that, pay it.

Disoblige
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Sally.Simpson
I'm a new driver, got my first speeding ticket - $170 for doing 60 in a playground zone.

The ticket appears to be in order and accurate, and photo of my vehicle is good. Is there some trick I can use to beat it?

I would say you're lucky that it was photo radar and that the fine is all you have to worry about.

Cock Knuckle
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
When you write the cheque for the $170 round it up to a nice even $200. Then in the memo field write "I totally deserve this ticket and the demerits"

edit: lucky no demerits.

Sorry, no tricks involved; speeding in a playground zone is not a game.

Disoblige
10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Cock Knuckle
When you write the cheque for the $170 round it up to a nice even $200. Then in the memo field write "I totally deserve this ticket and the demerits"

Sorry, no tricks involved; speeding in a playground zone is not a game.

There is no demerits, it's a photo she said.

scat19
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Photo radar. This is the only repercussion is your fine. Be happy that's all you received and no demerits.

snoop101
Dont waiste tax payers money.

Judges wont change a School and playground zones ticket. especially the fact your a new driver.

Just pay it and learn your lesson.

Kloubek
Do you really think there would be a trick to beating tickets which are 100% properly written and no extenuating circumstances?

Pay the damn fine and be done with it.

lint
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
If it's worth your time, just head down to the court house and speak to the officer. You might get it reduced a few $$s

beyond_ban
10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
:facepalm: , you broke the law, now pay the consequences. At least you didn't hit a kid chasing his ball across the street, nor did you get any demerits.

max_boost
10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Do your part. Pay the fine and move along.

Hamann
10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Don't even worry about it :rolleyes:, you wanna know the secret to getting out of it, just don't pay it, those photo tickets don't matter at all :devil:

Honest :angel:

FraserB
10-22-2009, 12:10 PM
The best way to beat it is not drive like a dumb bitch in playground zones. Its really too bad that you didn't get pulled over by a cop. Have fun with the insurance hike.

almerick
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Photo radar. This is the only repercussion is your fine. Be happy that's all you received and no demerits.

:werd:

turbotrip
10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
go talk to the CP, and tell em your a broke student and the ticket will get reduced

2EFNFAST
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Since when do they use photo radar in school/playground zones? I've never seen that trick before.

Kloubek
10-22-2009, 12:59 PM
^^^ It's new. They're trying to protect our kids or something silly like that...

Gabe182
10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Since when do they use photo radar in school/playground zones? I've never seen that trick before.

Me neither, its not a highway where people are going to fast to stop by jumping out and pointing.

Was it a van or something OP?

beyond_ban
10-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

It is also next to impossible to spot to because there is generally so many cars parked by the school that the van just sits there and camps on unsuspecting speeders.

FraserB
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Photo enforcement in school and playground zones is nothing new, a friend got a ticket last year in a playground zone, 40 in a 30

a social dsease
10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Yep they do it all the time. Few years ago I got a ticket for 42 in a playground zone.

VP CRX SiR
10-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Not really to do with speeding, but I just got a red light photo ticket, but im making a right hand turn in a right hand turn only lane at the light, and there is no sign saying no red light right hand turns allowed. Is that Illegal to do now?

canuckcarguy
10-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Easy to get out of this ticket. Go to CPS and tell them you blew past the photo van because you were too pissed drunk to notice the speed limit.

Then when you cop a plea for the DUI, I'm sure you can talk them into dropping the photo ticket in exchange for saving them the cost of a trial.

No trouble.

Tik-Tok
10-22-2009, 08:38 PM
^^^

even easier way to beat that ticket.

1) Place it on the ground
2) Grab a baseball bat
3) Go to town.

FraserB
10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by VP CRX SiR
Not really to do with speeding, but I just got a red light photo ticket, but im making a right hand turn in a right hand turn only lane at the light, and there is no sign saying no red light right hand turns allowed. Is that Illegal to do now?

If you didnt stop, it is. Trust me the cameras can tell.

HuMz
10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
The best way to beat it is not drive like a dumb bitch in playground zones. Its really too bad that you didn't get pulled over by a cop. Have fun with the insurance hike.

Right because someone making a mistake and not seeing a sign assumes they drive like a dumb bitch:facepalm:

lastlatvian
10-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't speed through playground or schoolzones. Furthermore, don't waste the courts time because your broke and a student.

That being said, here is a hint -- if you think a "van" is a unmarked photoradar van, check the license plate for the reg sticker. its a fleet veichile and for some werid reason most of the time that green sticker is a different color maybe black?

Anyways don't speed around kids you dumbass.

foreverchina
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Sally.Simpson

hahahah everyone is so harsh these days. let the poor woman go it was a mistake everyone goes through this. OP, the only way out is to just pay the ticket. Be happy there wasnt no points taken off

dexlargo
10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
:werd:They've been doing this for a long time. I live right beside a playground zone on a fairly busy street, and I've seen the van parked there on many occasions for at least the last 5 years and I think they've been doing it longer than that.

ETA:
Originally posted by VP CRX SiR
Not really to do with speeding, but I just got a red light photo ticket, but im making a right hand turn in a right hand turn only lane at the light, and there is no sign saying no red light right hand turns allowed. Is that Illegal to do now? I honestly don't know how the prosecutors would handle this ticket. Do the pictures clearly show you making a turn in the second photo? What's the speed on the photo?

If it does show you turning and the speed isn't something like 30km/h with your brake lights on, I'd try taking it to the First Appearance Crown - and let us know what they say about it - I think that there's a chance that they would just withdraw it.

Tik-Tok
10-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by dexlargo
:werd: They've been doing this for a long time. I live right beside a playground zone on a fairly busy street, and I've send the van parked there on many occasions for at least the last 5 years and I think they've been doing it longer than that.

So instead of having a normal cruiser there to actually stop people from speeding, and protecting the children, they have photo-radar, which people won't get in the mail for 2 weeks, and will keep speeding through in the meantime?

+1 for safety!

bjstare
10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by HuMz

Right because someone making a mistake and not seeing a sign assumes they drive like a dumb bitch:facepalm:

It does.
If your driving, you should be paying attention to everything around you....i.e. road signs. Mistakes like this are what cause kids to get hit by cars. Also, if you somehow miss the sign, its pretty hard to ignore the fact that your driving by a school (big ass building with a park) and this should remind you that your probably in a school/playground zone so you should slow down.

meowmeow
10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Have fun being a complete moron. Photo radar doesn't affect insurance rates :facepalm:

Canmorite
10-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

So instead of having a normal cruiser there to actually stop people from speeding, and protecting the children, they have photo-radar, which people won't get in the mail for 2 weeks, and will keep speeding through in the meantime?

+1 for safety!

Pretty much. I got a 38 in a 30 on the super fuck-you-in-the-ass long playground zone on Elbow.

deaftone
10-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Pay it and be happy that it wasn't an officer pulling you over. You would be fucked.

bjstare
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by meowmeow

Have fun being a complete moron. Photo radar doesn't affect insurance rates :facepalm:

+1

Haha I thought I wrote this in my post, but it turns out I forgot. Good work.

cancer man
10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Fight every ticket you get,thats why we pay taxes and keep the prosecutors in business.It helps the economy.

nolan34
10-24-2009, 09:21 PM
just pay the ticket, you need to worry when you face a ticket with demerits!

nrt_vw
10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
just pay it.

Cardinal
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
IMO, You broke the law. You admit you broke the law....hmmm...something I missed? Just pay it, and you'll remember to slow down next time.

EDIT : photo radar ticket? That's a blessing. I'm (and I'm sure you also) Happy it wasn't a pull over.

TorqueDog
10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Fight every ticket you get. Make them work for the their ticket revenue.