PDA

View Full Version : Cat's walking on car parked outdoors

scat19
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I was just showing my coworker some work I have done to my car, and he noticed paw prints...

I couldn't believe I missed that ..

have any of you had damage done? It appears the cat didn't use his claws so there was no scratches, but what happens if they do?

sr20s14zenki
10-22-2009, 12:23 PM
My cat goes on my car sometimes. Never left any damage before. Cats won't usually use their claws on something they know is gonna hurt their claws. Frightened maybe they would.

Zero102
10-22-2009, 12:25 PM
All the time I come outside to see paw prints all over my cars. I usually laugh when I see the sliding marks down the windshield, but they have never slipped on the paint or scratched my cars. There are probably 6-10 cats in the neighborhood, 3-4 of them have walked over my cars more times than I can count in the last 3 years, never had a scratch from them.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much.

GQBalla
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by scat19
I was just showing my coworker some work I have done to my car, and he noticed paw prints...

I couldn't believe I missed that ..

have any of you had damage done? It appears the cat didn't use his claws so there was no scratches, but what happens if they do?

you should be fine pretty positive that cats won't use their claws to walk around

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
My cat goes on my car sometimes. Never left any damage before. Cats won't usually use their claws on something they know is gonna hurt their claws. Frightened maybe they would.

werd

my cat rarely uses her claws. I walk around the house with no shirt on and she always jumps on me with out her claws out.

HHURICANE1
10-22-2009, 12:46 PM
You've been lucky. I've had my cars scratched by the little fucks. Mud on the paws or when they start to slip the claws come out. I'd love to electrify my hood to give the bastards a damn good surprise.

SR240SX
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by scat19
It appears the cat didn't use his claws so there was no scratches, but what happens if they do?

Sue the cat, Or the owner...DUH!

But seriously what do you expect to do?...lol kill the cat? Hope no more come back to do it again?:dunno:

Ntense_SpecV
10-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Outdoor cats like to climb stuff...nothing you are going to do about it. What happens if you don't notice a bird crapped on your car for a while? It's a car...it will get dinged, dented, scratched at least once in its life. Yes it sucks but there really isn't much you are going to do about it. I say just do what you are doing now - keep it clean, washed and waxed as often as you can and if anything happens there is always a bodyshop who will love to take your money to fix a scratch.

scat19
10-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I know specV, but as we are all car guys, i love mine too much....

Thanks for the input. I reeaaaalllyyy miss my underground parking, tell ya that much.

FiveFreshFish
10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
The scratches usually are superficial and can be polished out. Here's a case where "it'll buff right out" is true. :rofl:

Pollywog
10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
My cats have scratched the paint from having mud and dirt on their paws, but I have yet to actually see a claw mark. It sucks if the culprit isn't your own cat, but I'd suggest brushing it off rather than making a stink about it.

sr20s14zenki
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

you should be fine pretty positive that cats won't use their claws to walk around

werd

my cat rarely uses her claws. I walk around the house with no shirt on and she always jumps on me with out her claws out.

Haha, i dont dare do that, my one cat wont do it, but my other two do. Both of my other cats when they cuddle do the breadmaking thing, and they both squeek their claws out when they do it, OUCH...i always make sure im under a blanket if they are gonna do that, and sometimes it even gets thru the blanket. I love my cats tho (=

Tik-Tok
10-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Buy a dog, and keep him the car at all times.

Haha, i dont dare do that, my one cat wont do it, but my other two do. Both of my other cats when they cuddle do the breadmaking thing, and they both squeek their claws out when they do it, OUCH...i always make sure im under a blanket if they are gonna do that, and sometimes it even gets thru the blanket. I love my cats tho (=

Clip their claws man, 5 minutes of fuss will save you a few holes in your clothes/blankets.

bituerbo
10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Ultrasonic devices, specially made products, and stuff you can make at home can be found here: http://www.cat-repellant.info/

Google that in less than 4 seconds.

71car2
10-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Haha, I can understand what you talking about - these darn cats...the little furry balls do the damnest things around us. Even my car get a pawprint sometimes. Once in awhile I'd see one cat napping on the hood while the motor was still hot atfer parked at home.

What gets me is how the hell these furballs KNEW where and which parked car have the "warm" engine ?! :rofl: They never cease amaze me with their wacky wisdom.

psycoticclown
10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Pft... you guys still haven't experienced the cat under the hood lol.

canuckcarguy
10-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I stretch barbed-wire over my hood, that totally prevents the little bastards from scratching my car.

inline6turbo
10-22-2009, 08:34 PM

I lol'd at the breadmaking thing. Kneading. My girl cat does that ALL the time. The second you sit down, she runs over, jumps on you and start prepping you like dough, and she'll do it forever! Hurts like hell sometimes but it's to cute to get mad at :love:

sr20s14zenki
10-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

I lol'd at the breadmaking thing. Kneading. My girl cat does that ALL the time. The second you sit down, she runs over, jumps on you and start prepping you like dough, and she'll do it forever! Hurts like hell sometimes but it's to cute to get mad at :love:

Haha. Another thing my one girl cat does, is somehow she manages to put ALL of her weight onto ONE paw, and it hurts, its like she hits a pressure point or something. Also, if were in bed and she wants to cuddle, it takes her about 5 minutes to get from the edge of the bed to us, because every step she is sooooo cautious, like theres eggshells under the sheets or something . I love cats, they have such interesting personalities sometimes.

GQBalla
10-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

did you adopt the kitty yet?

Kavy
10-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

I have, dam warm manifolds, I couldn't get the one that crawled up in mine after about an hour of trying last year. The thing had managed to wedge itself in so good that it was not reachable without burning half of my arm on my block. 6 hours later I was finally about to pull it out(and got scratched to no end by the thing) and after i put it down it ran back in.
:facepalm:

I can say I do love my garage and not worrying about that anymore, in my old neighborhood it was a monthly thing with cats under the hood.

Kennyredline
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Cat on my car=dead cat.

psycoticclown
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

did you adopt the kitty yet?

Nope, it was adopted already actually when we went by.

kwazy
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Just put a car cover on the car if you are forced to park it outside...

se7en
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
pellet velocity extruder.

other words gun.

schmooot
10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
definitely a pet peave of mine

sportryder
10-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I have the ultimate solution. Guaranteed to keep cats, dogs, rabbits or any other annoying animals away from your car.

Go out and buy this:

http://www.victorpest.com/resource/images/havahart/products/large/M751_l.jpg

Run an extension cord over to your car or plug this in near close proximity to your car. The result no more friggin cats.

Make sure you get the larger one in this pic though. I don't know if the smaller units victor sells have the right DB range.

I purchased one of these for my shed to keep mice out and since I installed it not only are there no mice anywhere near my shed anymore but jackrabbits and cats used to go back their all the time because the gates are not up yet and now with this thing installed everysingle animal with the exception of birds doesn't even come around even my HOUSE let alone my shed in the back yard.

Hint: try and keep the unit away from the weather, because I don't think the sound unit can hold the right DB range if the thing gets water damaged.

I had to think how this thing works because it works so well. Basically it emits a super high pitched noise that's totally annoying to anything with better hearing than us. I can actually hear the thing when it's on too but it's just a really quite clicking sound. For cats, mice and rabbits though it's really friggin annoying and they won't go anywhere near the thing. PM me when you see the results.