PDA

View Full Version : Electric Razors

msommers
10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I've decided I want to pick up an electric razor, but in all honesty, I don't know anything about them. I want to use it mainly for trimming my facial hair down to a "scruff-like" length. Nothing super close like a blade but not beard. I'm sure someone will know what I mean. I just want something where you can adjust the closeness.

Should I opt for one with 3 heads or the 2 ends? What kind of maintenance is required and how often would I have to change the blades?

Could someone recommend one they like? I'm thinking 100-140 bucks seems reasonable for one?

Thanks guys.

Mixalot27
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I just use the same hair clipper I use for shaving my head to trim my goatee. I use it without any guard on and it trims it fairly short but not completely bald or anything. I have this conair one that I picked up for around $30 bucks at Shoppers Drug Mart:

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/images/product/3_32783.jpg

I've had it for about 5 years now and its still going strong. I've never had to change the blade, I just clean it once in a while.

swak
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Last week i bought the philips 8200 series razor and wasn't impressed at all.

It left patches of uncut hair (even after going over the same area over and over).
Took it back the same week.
I too dont usually go for completely clean shaven, but dont get the 8200 haha...

dandia89
10-23-2009, 02:04 PM
just get one of those conair ones from sears. i got mine for $20 and its AA battery operated or you can get the one with the rechargable battery for a bit higher.

ExtraSlow
10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Sounds like you mean a trimmer, not a "razor".

Get one with a cord if you want it to last. One of the conair or other chaep ones will probably do fine for you.

Kennyredline
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
I just use the same hair clipper I use for shaving my head to trim my goatee. I use it without any guard on and it trims it fairly short but not completely bald or anything. I have this conair one that I picked up for around $30 bucks at Shoppers Drug Mart:

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/images/product/3_32783.jpg

I've had it for about 5 years now and its still going strong. I've never had to change the blade, I just clean it once in a while.
HA! I've got the same one, I was using it to cut my hair, since it was mostly gone,now I shave my head, so I don't use it. It's good quality though, and OP, good for what you need.