PDA

View Full Version : Crowfoot YMCA versus Edgemont world health club

smc
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I am currently going to the Edgemont world health club but the Crowfoot YMCA is closer to my home (Rocky Ridge), so I am considering switching.

Anyone have opinions on which is better? How bad are the wait time for strength equipment at the YMCA during peak time?

Thanks

TurboD
10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but why not try to harmonize with society, maybe talk to a few real human beings, possibly strike up a conversation.
It could lead to things such as having your questions answered by people that know what they're talking about, or even a first hand look and a way of finding information that is much more powerful and immersive than a forum with facepalm smileys.

You already admitted it is close to your house.

Neil4Speed
10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
[B]I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but why not try to harmonize with society, maybe talk to a few real human beings, possibly strike up a conversation.
It could lead to things such as having your questions answered by people that know what they're talking about, or even a first hand look and a way of finding information that is much more powerful and immersive than a forum with facepalm smileys./B]

So damn eloquently put lol

I started working out at the Y about 4 months ago after weighing it against World Health Club. WHC is arguably a better faciliy in regards to equipment which is more than the Y, also, more eye candy. But the YMCA is a nice facility which I have really come to like in the past couple of months and decided to go with for my workouts. Its nice and airy, people are friendly, equipment is clean and maintained. I think it is also significantly cheaper for a student membership. Membership plus is not worth it IMO for some commercial grade hair/face products, carpet, and the magnitude of older men who treat it as a naked mens club.

I have rarely had to wait for a bench, but sometimes the cables get busy as there are really only two main sets. Check out the facility during your peak time and see what you think

If its closer to your house, I definitely say go for it, its more incentive to go to the gym. I have never had trouble finding a close parking spot but the spots in the Y are really small for some reason.

smc
10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but why not try to harmonize with society, maybe talk to a few real human beings, possibly strike up a conversation.
It could lead to things such as having your questions answered by people that know what they're talking about, or even a first hand look and a way of finding information that is much more powerful and immersive than a forum with facepalm smileys.

You already admitted it is close to your house.

I will go and check it out, but going once will not provide me with the insight that a member would have- .

TurboD
10-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I can accept that response, it's your thread and I was only providing a suggestion based on experience, so point taken.