PDA

View Full Version : Yay I saved $2,000 thanks to Rona flooring event!

quazimoto
10-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Just thought I'd post this in case any of you are living under a rock. The rona flooring event is on, aka buy two boxes of hardwood/laminate and get 1 free. So it's essentially 33% off. I just bought all the flooring for my mother's rennovation all today and saved just around $2,000 by doing this. The sale is on until Sunday but I am quite certain 90% of the stock will be gone by then.

Masked Bandit
10-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I think they have the same deal on paint too. Sounds like a good deal.

quazimoto
10-23-2009, 04:44 PM
My bad its only laminate flooring and paint, granted the laminate we bought was more of the expensive ones, looks like a hardwood and not fake panelling lol. Its more like a 33% off sale which well I think even during their scratch and save the most you see is 20%.

Schwa
10-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone looking for flooring should check out Able Auctions. You can get some quality stuff at 75% of retail.

quazimoto
10-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I won't ever do auctions again, you can get burned so easily. Last time I got warped pieces that were not easy to pry into place. Not to mention they make you buy odd amounts. 33% off retail prices isn't horrible at all.

boxer23
10-23-2009, 08:17 PM
If you shop around you can better deals as good as auctions without the crappy products plus a warranty. Just try and find a wholesaler. TimberTown is actually pretty good place to find cheap flooring, and what I see in the flyer so is home improvement warehouse in the NE.