PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1999 Chevrolet Metro **SOLD**

Gibson
10-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Vehicle Details
Year: 1999
Make and Model : Chevrolet Metro
Exterior Colour : White with sweet pin stripes
Interior Color : Grey with grey. So much grey.
Auto or Manual? : 5 Speed Manual
Odometer Reading : 181XXX KMs
Location of Vehicle : NW Calgary.
Description Three-door hatchback, 3-cylinder 1.0 liter engine. Car is in overall pretty good shape with a rebuilt title. I’m not sure of the nature of the accident other than I’m fairly certain it was a front end because the bumper on the car is not for the year. Somewhere along the line, some dumbass tried to repaint some body panels but failed and as a result the roof, hood, driver’s door, and hatch are off white and the paint chips and cracks easily. This is also probably the most rust-free Metro of the year I’ve seen, only a little bit on the inside of the wheel wells and on the doors. Interior condition is almost flawless other than a small rip in the side of the driver’s seat and the shift boot, of which I have a spare.

This was my first car and I loved it to death, but it’s time for me to move on. Would make an excellent student or first car as it did for me. Could also make for an interesting project, I’ve seen a QR25DE in one.

The Good
- Brand new synchromesh fluid in July
- Both rear wheel cylinders and the front left outer tie rod were replaced in August.
- Brand new battery in October.
- Fuel economy. In the summer, you can easily get 6-7 litres/100KM without even trying. Would make an excellent hypermillers car.
- Rear seat room is unbelievable.
- Oil changes EVERY 5000 KM’s with high mileage oil. Changing the oil is super easy, don’t have to jack the car.
- The turning circle is the best thing ever as well as the visibility.
- The tires mounted are winters and the rear ones have tons of tread left.
- Started every time last winter, even with the weak battery (which has been replaced). Car has a functioning block heater.
-Timing belt was done within the last two years.

The Bad
- Engine burns a bit of oil but just add some in between changes and you’re good to go.
- Heat…doesn’t really work, you have to wait ages.
- Rear defroster doesn’t work at all.
- Two tires could use replacing but not immediately.
- Headlights could be brighter + aimed, but they work.
- The above paint problems.
- Second and third grind if you shift too aggressively.
- Alternator belt loves to squeal.

Extras : Touch up paint (straight from GM), four aftermarket Pioneer speakers (not installed), aftermarket Pioneer deck (installed), extra shift boot, extra hubcap, spare parking light bulb.
Asking Price : SOLD

Thanks for looking!

Gibson
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Thursday night bump...somebody give her a good home.

I'm pretty flexible on the price, shoot me an offer.

Gibson
11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Apologies for the early bump but this car needs to go. My new car is here and I don't have room for this.

Price drop to $1,500 OBO!

Even if you're on the fence, come take a look!

Gibson
11-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Car has been sold to a good family.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v356/95/104/518249403/n518249403_888415_5855.jpg

I'll miss her :(