PDA

View Full Version : This is what money looks like

FraserB
10-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Sick, sick cars.:drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/36568-worlds-most-beautiful-garages-exotics-insane-garage-picture-thread-50-pics.html

Paul
10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
so, which house is rage2's?

badatusrnames
This is what money looks like:

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Sweet pics though.

bwling
WOW! Those are some sweet garages :drool:

Redlyne_mr2
10-23-2009, 09:03 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2452/4033553925_4533ddc461_o.jpg

and

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3516/4033553899_a644c2cc9f_o.jpg

Raven_R1
10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
My God. What a life....:eek:

Redlyne_mr2
10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
and more
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8416/overheadgp0.jpg

MintRacer
10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
This is what money looks like:

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

Sweet pics though.

^^ I was expecting to see this, except in real bills.

deaftone
10-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I let them in to my garage to take some photos.

2EFNFAST
10-23-2009, 10:18 PM
:drool:

Some of those are ultimate win, but some I wonder about - it looks like they chose to buy a moderate house and a win garage rather than a win house and moderate garage.

2Valve0
10-23-2009, 10:25 PM
:nut:
sooo nice.
The bugatis in the one pic look photoshopped though lol

funkedelic2
10-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Some of those are ultimate win, but some I wonder about - it looks like they chose to buy a moderate house and a win garage rather than a win house and moderate garage.

If i had that kind of money, thats what i would do too. These "moderate" houses are still in the 7 figures. I would be fine with any of those cars or houses. My god :drool: :drool:

2EFNFAST
10-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2

If i had that kind of money, thats what i would do too. These "moderate" houses are still in the 7 figures. I would be fine with any of those cars or houses. My god :drool: :drool:

True enough; stuff's pretty expensive down in places like Florida.

SCHIDER23
10-24-2009, 12:17 AM
:drool: :drool: Amazing Garages WOW....:eek: :eek:

kwazy
10-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Never really made sense to me why people keep their cars and display it like it's a museum, I drive all my cars the way they are meant to be driving instead of pussy footing them like some of these owners...

Godfuader
10-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by kwazy
Never really made sense to me why people keep their cars and display it like it's a museum, I drive all my cars the way they are meant to be driving instead of pussy footing them like some of these owners...
You seem to have quite a beautiful collection. How about a couple quick shots of it. :)

kwazy
10-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Sorry, I prefer to keep pictures of my cars private. When it comes to online forums like this, you don't really know who is out there looking at the pics if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by Godfuader

You seem to have quite a beautiful collection. How about a couple quick shots of it. :)

Redlyne_mr2
10-24-2009, 05:53 AM

True enough; stuff's pretty expensive down in places like Florida.
Not right now.. lots of 7 figure homes in the mid 6 figures. Condos/townhomes many under 100K. :)

2Valve0
10-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Sorry, I prefer to keep pictures of my cars private. When it comes to online forums like this, you don't really know who is out there looking at the pics if you know what I mean.

He drives a beater

chkolny541
10-24-2009, 12:36 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/4034307260_26ce142912_o.jpg

this is like legitly just inside this guys house, gorgeous!

2EFNFAST
10-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Sorry, I prefer to keep pictures of my cars private.

Suspicious ..... are we sure you have everything in your sig... :confused:

chkolny541
10-24-2009, 01:21 PM

Suspicious ..... are we sure you have everything in your sig... :confused:

yea he does, lol, this was covered in a thread like 8 months ago, he really does, haha

2EFNFAST
10-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

yea he does, lol, this was covered in a thread like 8 months ago, he really does, haha

searched; found what you're talking about; too bad all the pictures are deleted.

Paul
10-24-2009, 01:45 PM

searched; found what you're talking about; too bad all the pictures are deleted.

I'm sure for the reasons he's already stated. Already made a bunch of people look like fools for not believing.

Back to the topic at hand, I've heard Alfred Balm has a rotating car display in the parlor of his home. Rotates to a new car, seen through a window, every couple of hours. I wonder if somebody else on here can get him to post a couple of pic's?

95EagleAWD
10-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Who says they don't? Just because the garages are gorgeous doesn't mean the cars don't move.

Cody D
10-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Paul
Already made a bunch of people look like fools for not believing.

Doubting someone on the internet who says he has hundreds of thousands of dollars of cars and being proven wrong does not make anyone look like a fool. Believing someone without proof will make you look like a fool however.

chkolny541
10-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

Doubting someone on the internet who says he has hundreds of thousands of dollars of cars and being proven wrong does not make anyone look like a fool.

no i think he made ppl look like jackasses in that past thread, haha

deaftone
10-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Paul

I'm sure for the reasons he's already stated. Already made a bunch of people look like fools for not believing.

Back to the topic at hand, I've heard Alfred Balm has a rotating car display in the parlor of his home. Rotates to a new car, seen through a window, every couple of hours. I wonder if somebody else on here can get him to post a couple of pic's?

If true, not sure how interesting that would be. I have heard he has a Rover, CL600, and an ML500. Used to have a Spyker.

89s1
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Who says they don't? Just because the garages are gorgeous doesn't mean the cars don't move.

My thoughts exactly.

The garages with a turn-style at the entrance you can rest assured is having more than just 1 car brought in and out on a regular basis.

Cody D
10-24-2009, 03:38 PM
no i think he made ppl look like jackasses in that past thread, haha

Haha, I don't think I actually read that thread. I just think that you should doubt everyone on the internet because they are all 50 year old perverts who want to touch your wiener.

95EagleAWD
10-24-2009, 03:58 PM

Haha, I don't think I actually read that thread. I just think that you should doubt everyone on the internet because they are all 50 year old perverts who want to touch your wiener.

:thumbsup:

Hahaha, nice Cody.

Cody D
10-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

:thumbsup:

Hahaha, nice Cody.

Nice try, perv.

95EagleAWD
10-24-2009, 04:10 PM

Nice try, perv.

:(

Paul
10-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by deaftone

If true, not sure how interesting that would be. I have heard he has a Rover, CL600, and an ML500. Used to have a Spyker.

I've heard he has quite a classic mercedes collection. Would be interesting, nonetheless, to see some of the local garages.

Hakkola
10-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Awesome. I hate a couple of them though, if you have to move a car in order to drive another one, I hate your garage, no matter what it looks like or what's in it. In that case it's more of a museum than a garage.

2EFNFAST
10-24-2009, 06:02 PM

Doubting someone on the internet who says he has hundreds of thousands of dollars of cars and being proven wrong does not make anyone look like a fool. Believing someone without proof will make you look like a fool however.

Still seems suspicious to me - putting a list of nice cars in your sig is asking to be questioned, especially since this isn't 6speedonline. I only post my cars that I don't mind people knowing about; those I do mind I never talk about - it would be kind of silly for me to put it all into my sig and say 'everybody look at me but don't ask me anything about x, y, or z'

But he refuses to post pictures, then goes and takes and posts pictures, then deletes them all and won't show them again?

It all seems suspicious to me, but I'm only a Jr. Beyond Detective so I don't know shit :D

962 kid
10-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I only post my cars that I don't mind people knowing about; those I do mind I never talk about - it would be kind of silly for me to put it all into my sig and say 'everybody look at me but don't ask me anything about x, y, or z'

So.... what are these mystery cars you are talking about

nissanguy
10-24-2009, 07:06 PM
I would love this garage but with jdm cars

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/4034307260_26ce142912_o.jpg

97'Scort
10-24-2009, 07:09 PM
^ One of the neat things I noticed in that shot was a projector right above the middle 'vette. I'm guessing you could sit in the cars like you were watching a drive-in movie! Pretty cool.

deaftone
10-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Very cool home for sale right now in Calgary. Check out the third last photo in the MLS set. Extremely cool

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8741903

http://images.realtor.ca/listing/reb9/medres/0/c3396480_18.jpg

kwazy
10-24-2009, 08:02 PM
If this was a private forum where members have to be registered to view, I wouldn't mind posting up pics of my cars, but unfortunately whoever has internet is able to view and see everything that people say here. I do have pictures of my cars up on places like FB and certain forums where it's 'private' and only members can view the pics.

I took the pics down after a week or so after I've proven my point...

Still seems suspicious to me - putting a list of nice cars in your sig is asking to be questioned, especially since this isn't 6speedonline. I only post my cars that I don't mind people knowing about; those I do mind I never talk about - it would be kind of silly for me to put it all into my sig and say 'everybody look at me but don't ask me anything about x, y, or z'

But he refuses to post pictures, then goes and takes and posts pictures, then deletes them all and won't show them again?

It all seems suspicious to me, but I'm only a Jr. Beyond Detective so I don't know shit :D

2EFNFAST
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
If this was a private forum where members have to be registered to view, I wouldn't mind posting up pics of my cars, but unfortunately whoever has internet is able to view and see everything that people say here. I do have pictures of my cars up on places like FB and certain forums where it's 'private' and only members can view the pics.

I took the pics down after a week or so after I've proven my point...

So then why list them out in your sig? Just seems odd to me, that's all :confused:

Cody D
10-24-2009, 11:40 PM
So then why list them out in your sig? Just seems odd to me, that's all :confused:

In some ways I'm sure it's bragging, but in other ways people respect your opinion more when you have nice stuff. The guy with the Taurus won't get the same kind of love as the guy with the Lambo.

Blownturbo
10-24-2009, 11:59 PM
shit man... those garages are pure sex.

I'd just get an airplane hangar and store all my cars there.

AndyL
10-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Some sweet garages...

I can't help but notice, some of those guys need better garage door installers though :D I should get my passport and whore myself out for testdrives :rofl:

Originally posted by Blownturbo

I'd just get an airplane hangar and store all my cars there.
My dream garage is a 60x100 pole barn... Should have room for a few toys & projects...

pyroza
10-25-2009, 01:10 AM
I believe you have to be registered to view attachments...so just attach a picture to the message

RX_EVOLV
10-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by deaftone
Very cool home for sale right now in Calgary. Check out the third last photo in the MLS set. Extremely cool

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8741903

http://images.realtor.ca/listing/reb9/medres/0/c3396480_18.jpg

isn't that the house of the guy that founded (and sold) Cadvision from back in the dial up days? Drive pass it all the time and never would've guessed its 4700 sqft big! amazing!

2EFNFAST
10-25-2009, 01:29 AM

In some ways I'm sure it's bragging, but in other ways people respect your opinion more when you have nice stuff. The guy with the Taurus won't get the same kind of love as the guy with the Lambo.

I think it's all about bragging - anybody who lists their assets trying to get e-cred is just :rofl:

You can't tell me this logic makes any sense - I will list my cars in my sig but I won't post a picture of them (with a location that could be anywhere in the entire world) for security reasons. Um, yea, then maybe you shouldn't list what you have in your sig if you're worried about security...........but then how will you brag to people :confused:

kwazy
10-25-2009, 02:55 AM

I think it's all about bragging - anybody who lists their assets trying to get e-cred is just :rofl:

You can't tell me this logic makes any sense - I will list my cars in my sig but I won't post a picture of them (with a location that could be anywhere in the entire world) for security reasons. Um, yea, then maybe you shouldn't list what you have in your sig if you're worried about security...........but then how will you brag to people :confused:
lol noob

Cody D hit it right on the dot, what he said about others respecting my opinion. I'm just accustomed to putting cars in the sig area from other forums I visit as it's common practice amongst all members to do it (apparently it's not on beyond), sounds like you are too big of a wuss to list out your 'other' cars.

What's interesting is you seem so desperate to disprove my 'credibility and e-cred' seems like someone needs to have their ego in check instead of accusing others of 'showing off'

kwazy
10-25-2009, 03:05 AM
LOL

just realized that 2EFNFAST is either a troll or mentally challenged, either way a waste of my time...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=281681&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

msommers
10-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Well this thread really deviated into Kwazy's lap haha. Who cares if he's telling the truth or not. Does it change anything or next time you see Kwazy post you think, "wow that guy is so amazing!!"

Some of you guys get so worked-up over nothing. Sick garages though!!!

2EFNFAST
10-25-2009, 11:27 AM

lol noob

Cody D hit it right on the dot, what he said about others respecting my opinion. I'm just accustomed to putting cars in the sig area from other forums I visit as it's common practice amongst all members to do it (apparently it's not on beyond), sounds like you are too big of a wuss to list out your 'other' cars.

What's interesting is you seem so desperate to disprove my 'credibility and e-cred' seems like someone needs to have their ego in check instead of accusing others of 'showing off'

If you're interested in what I have, for the most part, you can search. Seems you already know how to. :nut:

VWEvo
10-25-2009, 11:33 AM

lol noob

I wouldn't call 2efnfast a noob my friend. Its obvious you don't know what he drives, but lets just say it can give any of your supposed cars a run for the money. I have to admit, saying you don't want to share pics of your cars for security reasons is understandable, but then claiming you have them them in your sig is really no different in my opinion. Your reasoning just seems odd.

chkolny541
10-25-2009, 11:40 AM
LOL

just realized that 2EFNFAST is either a troll or mentally challenged, either way a waste of my time...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=281681&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

ahhaha point set and match

dirtsniffer
10-25-2009, 11:47 AM
i also side with 2efnfast. i dont see how posting what you own is different than posting pictures of what you own?
and why "kwazy" do you have a speech impediment?:dunno:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-25-2009, 12:16 PM

dino_martini
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
wow, one day my garage will look like that hopefully.

kwazy
10-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I've been called out in the past, posted up pics of my car. You missed it, that's too bad for you.

I highly doubt that 2efnfast's car will be able to beat my GTR in multiple types of racing other than drifting. I can drag/circuit/autocross and do high speed runs with the best and still drive home in perfect comfort with full interior.

danno
10-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

isn't that the house of the guy that founded (and sold) Cadvision from back in the dial up days? Drive pass it all the time and never would've guessed its 4700 sqft big! amazing!
from what i heard he sold programs to telus, then bought them back after telus screwed them up and sold them back for more. i worked on his first build of the house then he knocked it down to make it bigger. he has a ferrari in the garage as shown in the pic. it's a really nice house.

Canmorite
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

Met that guy a couple of years ago at a B-day party, really laid back but smart dude. SICK house!

2EFNFAST
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I've been called out in the past, posted up pics of my car. You missed it, that's too bad for you.

I highly doubt that 2efnfast's car will be able to beat my GTR in multiple types of racing other than drifting. I can drag/circuit/autocross and do high speed runs with the best and still drive home in perfect comfort with full interior.

2120lbs, 650hp/640tq. Although it does have the aerodynamics of a brick......

Failing that I've got other stuff, but it should be enough :rofl: (if not my rcr will be here in several weeks; 2200lbs, 700hp, 6spd ?cyro?(I think that was the term)-treated Ricardo transmision, aerodynamics of a knife......McLaren F1 whaaaa? :drama:

ahhaha point set and match

Guess who isn't getting invited to the beyond hot-girl gangbang now :p

CSMRX7
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM

kwazy
10-25-2009, 04:37 PM

2120lbs, 650hp/640tq. Although it does have the aerodynamics of a brick......

Failing that I've got other stuff, but it should be enough :rofl: (if not my rcr will be here in several weeks; 2200lbs, 700hp, 6spd ?cyro?(I think that was the term)-treated Ricardo transmision, aerodynamics of a knife......McLaren F1 whaaaa? :drama:

Guess who isn't getting invited to the beyond hot-girl gangbang now :p

We will see how your 650 @ 2120lbs will match up to my GTR when my new turbo's when they are installed. Unlike your cars, my cars have full interior and all the comforts that came from the factory. Unlike your replica cobra that can only be driven on the best of days, I can take my cars to the track, abuse them all day long and take my hot date to dinner afterwords.

Here's just an example of what's in store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTm8alJ4bFM

dirtsniffer
10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
has the tranny fallen out of your gtr yet? :rofl:
good thing you have money

2EFNFAST
10-25-2009, 04:44 PM

We will see how your 650 @ 2120lbs will match up to my GTR when my new turbo's when they are installed. Unlike your cars, my cars have full interior and all the comforts that came from the factory. Unlike your replica cobra that can only be driven on the best of days, I can take my cars to the track, abuse them all day long and take my hot date to dinner afterwords.

Here's just an example of what's in store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTm8alJ4bFM

My cobra has an interior :confused:

Btw, both my super alloy T5 and strengthened Ricardo box can take 100x the punishment yours can before breaking :rofl:

Neiner neiner weiner :poosie:

edit: However, I will give you the nod that your cars have gadgets like radios and power seats. Still, i'd rather not have fancy do-dads and be able to fix my car if it breaks.......if my alloy T5 breaks it's about 3k to fix and I'm back on the road. If your GTR tranny breaks from your track abuse, it's what, 15k and probably another 5k in labor........and you'll get a whole 4 or 5 laps out of it once more :rofl:

edit 2: Will you please post pics of your new turbos, or is an engine bay shot a security risk? :confused:

kwazy
10-25-2009, 04:57 PM

My cobra has an interior :confused:

Btw, both my super alloy T5 and strengthened Ricardo box can take 100x the punishment yours can before breaking :rofl:

Neiner neiner weiner :poosie:

edit: However, I will give you the nod that your cars have gadgets like radios and power seats. Still, i'd rather not have fancy do-dads and be able to fix my car if it breaks.......if my alloy T5 breaks it's about 3k to fix and I'm back on the road. If your GTR tranny breaks from your track abuse, it's what, 15k and probably another 5k in labor........and you'll get a whole 4 or 5 laps out of it once more :rofl:

I see you have been mis-informed about the GTR tranny biz from the internet sensations. The GR6 tranny is only weak when you launch it at 4500+ RPM which was the LC1, with the new software (LC2) they launch at around 3500 RPM instead. This puts less stress on the tranny and gives better times on GTR's that are modified because it allows for less wheel spin. Not to mention, if worse case scenario, the 1st gear breaks, all I need to do is order a upgraded 1st gear set for ~$1500 and replace the stock one with a stronger more powerful gear set and do launches all day long day and night.

There is nothing like shifting in 20ms, faster than you can blink your eye.

2EFNFAST
10-25-2009, 05:08 PM

I see you have been mis-informed about the GTR tranny biz from the internet sensations. The GR6 tranny is only weak when you launch it at 4500+ RPM which was the LC1, with the new software (LC2) they launch at around 3500 RPM instead. This puts less stress on the tranny and gives better times on GTR's that are modified because it allows for less wheel spin. Not to mention, if worse case scenario, the 1st gear breaks, all I need to do is order a upgraded 1st gear set for ~$1500 and replace the stock one with a stronger more powerful gear set and do launches all day long day and night.

There is nothing like shifting in 20ms, faster than you can blink your eye.

Okay - you don't seem like that big of a tool bag - you're invited to the Beyond Hot Girl gang bang 09 if you'd like :D

black300
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
WHEN YOUR DRIVEWAY IS JUST TOO SMALL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En1-lEOmcjU&feature=player_embedded

Godfuader
10-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Ahh Beyond...home of the tangents and E-Penis fights :rofl: Look what I done started just by asking him to post pics of his cars. I personally do not understand how posting pictures of ones garage is any kind of security leak...unless there is loose firearms on the garage floor and the address of the place. Then again, its not my property, and everyone can protect their stuff at their discretion. One silly question though: Your diverse collection is perhaps one of the best I could have dreamed up of, but why an RDX and not the MDX?

2EFNFAST
10-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader
One silly question though: Your diverse collection is perhaps one of the best I could have dreamed up of, but why an RDX and not the MDX?

The parking garage he took the pics in didn't have an MDX at that time, only an RDX? :confused:

:rofl:

Godfuader
10-26-2009, 12:28 AM

The parking garage he took the pics in didn't have an MDX at that time, only an RDX? :confused:

Never saw the pics...just basing it on his sig

08 Acura RDX <--
08 BMW 335
07 Lexus LS460
07 Ferrari F430
06 Lexus IS350 (sold)
05 Maserati Coupe

chkolny541
10-26-2009, 12:32 AM

ahahahha

:clap:

kwazy
10-26-2009, 01:58 AM
I had a MDX, the previous generation and I traded that in for a RDX because I like the engine more and because I use it to haul around the dogs. It gets left outside pretty much all year round and only driven when it snows out or when I have company that needs to use a car, so there wasn't any need for the MDX.

I don't know where all of you guys get MDX from....?