PDA

View Full Version : where the wild things are *spoiler alert*

syritis
10-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm incredibly disappointed with the movie. I didn't know what to expect since I don't ever remember reading the book. My parents says i have but i don't remember...

anyhow, WTH? there was even less of a story then lord of the rings.

little boy screws up and runs away,
finds new place.
little boy screws up and runs away.
The End?

did i miss something magnificent in the middle some where? I was working on some nibs but that doesn't explain where the the other half of the story went. Even the GF was pissed off. we even sat though all the credits... nothing.
I laughed once watching the muppet things land on their head but the next dozen times after was less entertaining.
lemme know what you guys think, I just thought it was waste of a night.

mazdavirgin
10-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by syritis
here was even less of a story then lord of the rings.

Lord of the rings has no story... :facepalm:

Agreed though the movie sucked I have no idea how it got such high ratings...

ClearBluewater
10-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Dunno how you can even compare the two

Barking_Spidre
10-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I loved it. I think it followed the story line from the book pretty well, minus a couple things. The books story line was pretty vague to begin with. I wish I still had it around so I could read it again.

Oh and a quote from the author of the book, Maurice Sendak.

"I love this movie and I hope people like it, because if they don't they can go straight to hell."

I thought I read/heard from somewhere else, that maurice had said spike had captured everything he was trying to get through in the book, in the movie.

But I enjoyed it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

badatusrnames
10-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Was a nice movie to watch and look at.

But I agree, there really wasn't much, if any, of a plot.

syritis
10-25-2009, 11:39 AM
it was pretty neat to see some childhood characters brought to life, but i still wouldn't even consider it a children's movie. there wasn't a lesson to be learned, no moral building, nothing

RecoilS14
10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Dumbest movie ever and a huge waste of money.

Its all whining. nothing but snotty annoying whining. No story, no plot, no movie. Just 2hours of some annoying muppets and a kid whining!

WHINE
WHINE
WHINE
BOOOM! HEADSHOT!