PDA

View Full Version : What local shops sell winter alloys?

shadezofgrey
10-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey. I'm trying to find a set of decently priced alloy winter wheels and I was just wondering where can I try to buy locally? The shops that I'm aware of include the beyond sponsors, chain stores that specialize in wheels/tires (e.g., kal tire), and um, canadian tire lol. If at all possible it'd be a bonus if the shops have wheels to look at in person since I've found catalogue pictures, etc are sometimes more flattering than the real thing... either that or the wheel which you thought looked really good in a 19" flavour suddenly doesn't look so good when scaled down a few sizes.

Thanks!

JordanAndrew
10-25-2009, 12:58 AM
CMS inside the T&T honda is usually good for ordering alloy wheels. That's where I got my set. Also try Tire Bob and speedtech.

LongCity
10-25-2009, 01:33 AM
I just got the T&T pamphlet in the mail and they want $80 for 16 inch steelies. I got mine for cheaper at Speedtech.

Aleks
10-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by LongCity
I just got the T&T pamphlet in the mail and they want $80 for 16 inch steelies. I got mine for cheaper at Speedtech.

$59 at Crappy tire.

2EFNFAST
10-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Canadian Tire steelies ... it's what my dad is rocking :rofl:

JordanAndrew
10-25-2009, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by LongCity

They do have some good deals every now and then though. My 16' alloy wheels with my Yokohama winter tires only came to about $900 all in, including installation and balancing. I thought that was a good deal considering the tires alone would have cost me over $620.

Darell_n
10-25-2009, 09:12 AM
I bought Nokians on Core alloy rims from Kal-tire 3 weeks ago. (for my Impreza) The rims were cheaper than the tires, but I think is still an improvement from the stock alloys.

sportryder
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Canadian Tire actually sells aftermarket winter alloys now up to the 17" range. Not the largest selection but the ones they have are pretty good looking and fit the majority of typical bolt patterns. Call them for more details.

I was surprised by how cheap a whole package with tires is.

You get the high end 17" Nordic winter tires with the alloys for
only around the $1050.00 mark. That also includes installation as well. If you go smaller then the price drops a bit too.

CT will get you with the mounting and balancing though.

They charge $180.00 for mounting and balancing aftermarket rims and low pro tires which is $80.00 more than standard mounting and balancing. So they try and get you there in the end.

I would just buy them and take them into Urban where you would get an even better job and still save $60.00 in the end.

chkolny541
10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by shadezofgrey
The shops that I'm aware of include the beyond sponsors, chain stores that specialize in wheels/tires (e.g., kal tire), and um, canadian tire lol.

so why didnt you try these instead of making this post?

http://dev2.safenetdata.com/~safenet/images/Vtech-Phone-ds6121.gif

vtech, its more than just just a honda supercharger :dunno: :poosie: