PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Under $150 Laptop

torob
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm a student and I'm desperately looking for a cheap / portable laptop. Unfortunately the best i can do is $150

I know at this price i won't get anything too good, but just need a laptop that'll have a working wireless card and is powerful enough to handle net / documents and such

I'll take any offer into considerations so if you see or have any laptops let me know!

torob
11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Bump

spacerz
11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
go get a mini lap top from future shop or something that should easily fit within your budget and its brand new!

torob
11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by spacerz
go get a mini lap top from future shop or something that should easily fit within your budget and its brand new!

You mean the netbooks? As portable / cheap they are, they are pretty weak
And the screen + keyboard is a bit too small

scat19
11-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

torob
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
bump

rob.cal
11-30-2009, 04:04 PM
The netbooks are a great choice. They've got a 533Mhz FSB and 1.6GHz processor. With xp or 7 starter, they've got plenty of processing power for internet and word processing. If you find a laptop for $150, it's nowhere near as portable as these are going to be, and it'll probably be used or refurbished, meaning it'll be prone to break down. The 8.9" screen is a bit small, but the 10.1" ones are plenty big enough, if you think about it, 8.9" is about the width of a sheet of paper, it would just be like reading something on a sheet of paper.
Cheers.

torob
11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by rob.cal
The netbooks are a great choice. They've got a 533Mhz FSB and 1.6GHz processor. With xp or 7 starter, they've got plenty of processing power for internet and word processing. If you find a laptop for $150, it's nowhere near as portable as these are going to be, and it'll probably be used or refurbished, meaning it'll be prone to break down. The 8.9" screen is a bit small, but the 10.1" ones are plenty big enough, if you think about it, 8.9" is about the width of a sheet of paper, it would just be like reading something on a sheet of paper.
Cheers.

I need a big screen because I'll mainly be remoting into my desktop. The new netbooks (or even used where i searched for on kijiji) are around $200++

The used laptops would be around 15 or so inches of screen with decent specs (probably better than a netbook) for the price.
At least thats what i've come up with, which is why im looking for an actual laptop

I havn't found much for the price im looking for... netbook + laptop :(