PDA

View Full Version : burn outs

One_night_lover
11-17-2003, 12:29 PM
How do you do a solid burn out with smoke and stuff? I Wanna destroy my old tires before i put my new ones on.

link785
11-17-2003, 12:40 PM
If your car is RWD - Firmly press foot on brake, and step on gas. Your rear tires will spin, and your front tires will be locked down (because you're braking). The reason? Braking is distributed, on average, 70% to the front and 30% to the rear. Therefore, you can still spin the rear wheels while keeping the front ones locked.

If your car is FWD - Pull the e-brake up as far as you can, literally, as high as it goes. Bring the RPMs up pretty high, 5000 RPMs is usually good, and then dump the clutch. Your rear wheels will stay locked, and your front wheels will lose traction and spin. As long as you can keep the RPMs high enough, your front wheels shouldn't gain any traction.

In both cases, it is best advised to do this on a big empty parking lot. Oh, and don't stay there once it's done, cause if the cops catch you, it's a stunting ticket :thumbsup:

Oh, and as for AWD burn outs, I have no idea.

4wheeldrift
11-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by link785

Oh, and as for AWD burn outs, I have no idea. Generally, the only way to do a burnout in an all wheel drive car without breaking something is to have enough power to break all four wheels free and keep them spinning. I regularly launched my RS @ 5000+ rpm for solo 2 and could never manage more than chirping the tires.

syeve
11-17-2003, 01:10 PM
put water down to get it started...this will ease the pressure on your clutch also

link785
11-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by syeve
put water down to get it started...this will ease the pressure on your clutch also

Or might as well put oil on the tires, or bleech.

buh_buh
11-17-2003, 02:05 PM
just use bleach for the effect:burnout:

Ekliptix
11-17-2003, 02:22 PM
http://streetchallenge.com/uploadpix/up/Burn5.jpg

nosegrindR
11-17-2003, 02:22 PM
coolant, use coolant

ls/vtec-crx
11-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Use water and get a couple friends to hold the car back for how ever long. We have done that quite a few times and it's awesome cause after about 15secs everyone let's go and you can keep going and you can't see the car at all.

redbaron303
11-17-2003, 07:07 PM
I have a cool burnout video of my 300zx doing a burnout followed by a donut :) It's been edited from it's original lenghty self.... if you want it you can PM me..... I don't know how to post em up!

I can't seem to brake it loose the right way either (5 spd rwd)... I can brakestand a fwd or auto rwd, just not stick rwd.... How stupid does that sound....

I know my car has decent power but I didn't believe it could do it, so I had my buddy (chromedragon from 780tuners) light em up, so that's where the video came from..... He was trying to teach me how but I still haven't been able to do it!

GTS Jeff
11-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by redbaron303
I have a cool burnout video of my 300zx doing a burnout followed by a donut :) It's been edited from it's original lenghty self.... if you want it you can PM me..... I don't know how to post em up!

I can't seem to brake it loose the right way either (5 spd rwd)... I can brakestand a fwd or auto rwd, just not stick rwd.... How stupid does that sound....

I know my car has decent power but I didn't believe it could do it, so I had my buddy (chromedragon from 780tuners) light em up, so that's where the video came from..... He was trying to teach me how but I still haven't been able to do it! step on gas and slowly apply brakes until the car doesnt move...

Spenser
11-17-2003, 07:17 PM
best way to do a burn out, in any car, drive up to a building, cement wall, anything, go till the car is touching the wall, then just floor the fuck out of it!!!!! and if your worried about your nice paint job, put up a piece of wood or plastic,

but be wary, we did this in my friends F-150 behind a co-op once and we used the co-op wall to hold tre truck, while the truck had so much traction it pushed the wall in and we could see inside co-op.(they where open at the time too) had to book it after that!

hjr
11-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Its not just the tires your messing with. Your putting major wear on the brakes, clutch and your ego cause you wont do it first try!!! unless a lubricant is issued to the tires.

illeagle
11-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Spenser
best way to do a burn out, in any car, drive up to a building, cement wall, anything, go till the car is touching the wall, then just floor the fuck out of it!!!!! and if your worried about your nice paint job, put up a piece of wood or plastic,

but be wary, we did this in my friends F-150 behind a co-op once and we used the co-op wall to hold tre truck, while the truck had so much traction it pushed the wall in and we could see inside co-op.(they where open at the time too) had to book it after that!
Use a couple of rubber tires, that works

rice_eater
11-17-2003, 11:08 PM
i find that the most amazing burnouts are right at the stop light when you got a tight car next to you and you're both revving the crap out of your cars and your car is louder so you think you'll win and you red line it and drop the clutch!!!! YEAH!!!!

One_night_lover
11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
what about with automatics? I wanna try it with the Van.

3G
11-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by One_night_lover
what about with automatics? I wanna try it with the Van.

brake, rev up high, let go of breaks and VOILA

or e-brake, slam gas pedal

or rev up in neutral then drop it into drive

403Gemini
11-18-2003, 12:38 PM
a van?!?! :confused: your crazy!! WHERES YOUR CRAZY CAPE!!!

Toms-Celica
11-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Hahha, if you cant burn out without asking Im speachless.

EK 2.0
11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
Hahha, if you cant burn out without asking Im speachless.

:werd: yo

DonJuan
11-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Silicone spray, that's all I'm gonna say, just put it on and poof your up in smoke, plus nothing will break (as long as you keep the RPM's out of red).

DonJuan
11-19-2003, 12:32 PM
See it worx good!!:burnout:

Kona9
11-19-2003, 02:23 PM
for RWD with stick: put half your right foot on the brake and half on the gas. put most of your pressure on the brakes while rotating yourfoot to bring up the rpms. Drop the clutch while rpms are at 5-6000 rpm. takes practice but it works.:burnout:

sputnik
11-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Spenser

:bullshit: :rofl: