PDA

View Full Version : Compustar autostart help

yeller
10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
So my car came with a compustar 2-way alarm installed and the alarm works perfectly. The only problem i'm having is getting the autostart to work which would be really helpful in calgary's winters. I know im doing everything right:
-Making sure the car is in reservation mode
-not in valet mode
but nothing works, the lights and stuff will come on when I try to autostart but the engine doesnt even try to start. any ideas? thanks :dunno:

Strugari
10-26-2009, 09:37 PM
It sounds like an immobilizer issue.
What is the year, make, and model of your vehicle.

You can try setting the remote start, leave the key in the ignition, and try your remote starter. If it starts, then it is the bypass module for the immobilizer that is the issue.

yeller
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Alright so i tried your suggestion but still no luck. Is it possible that its not wired to the ignition or something like that? :dunno:

MintRacer
10-27-2009, 11:42 AM
it could be an alarm only model.

johnny0214
10-27-2009, 11:46 AM
when you try to start does your door unlock and accessories such as heat turn on? Sometimes from the number of flashes of the lights on the car you can look up an error code.

yeller
10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by johnny0214
when you try to start does your door unlock and accessories such as heat turn on? Sometimes from the number of flashes of the lights on the car you can look up an error code.

Yup, the doors unlock, radio, heat, gauges etc all come on. The engine just doesnt start. And I really don't feel like paying a bunch of cash at a shop if its a simple fix, but its looking like I might have to. :thumbsdow

johnny0214
10-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Had this problem happen a few times between myself and my friends. Hopefully its the same solution but try this reset using your remote.

Resetting all of Menu #1 or Menu #2 of ProgrammingOptions
to the factory default settings - if you are not sure about current
programming, change everything to the factory settings and start again.

1. Resetting all of Menu #1 to the factory setting

Step 1:Press buttons ( I + I I ) simultaneously for 2 seconds. This will be
confirmed by a siren chirp and a one-time flashing of the parking light.

Step2:Press button I I I once. This will be confirmed by a car chirp and
parking light flash. Press button I I I again. You will be confirmed by a car chirp
and parking light flash again. Press button I I I third time. You will be confirmed
by a car chirp and parking light flash third time. A few second later, your car will
chirp and parking light flash three times rapidly to confirm the resetting.

2. Resetting all of Menu #2 to the factory setting.

Follow the same steps above except that you press buttons ( I +I V) for 2
seconds at the Step 1 instead of buttons ( I + I I ).

I can't remember if it was menu 1 or 2 that had to be reset, don't think it would hurt doing both.

yeller
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Sweet advice johnny0214! :thumbsup:
The car finally started. Now the alarm doesn't chirp when I lock/unlock the doors though, any idea how to get that working again?

johnny0214
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
I think holding (I + II) for 2 seconds turns on/off the chirp

yeller
10-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Yep, that did it. Thanks for the help :thumbsup: