PDA

View Full Version : Hey DSM guys....

redec
11-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Anyone know off hand how much power a stock 2g bottom end can make before it disintegrates?.....tried looking on dsmtalk but it appears to be fuct

spyderman
11-17-2003, 03:08 PM
I recall reading somewhere in the neighbourhood of 300whp...

redec
11-18-2003, 11:16 AM
hrmz, yeah....The highest one I can find on the web is running 341whp on stock bottom end....

Alpine Autowerks
11-18-2003, 01:04 PM
what goes away above that ???

Chris

The answer to the ultimate question

.....next week ... I hope

EK 2.0
11-18-2003, 01:13 PM
350 is what it can and should support...after that...well...In 1993 the DSM's went with lightness as their goal...and they have smaller rods and crank as well...The crank shifts insides it journals, and is then known as that pesky "crankwalk"....But, to be fair to DSM's...stock cars have been known to fail in this way as well...If you are really serious about making power in your 2G, there are a few kits from people down at MAGNUS MOTORSPORTS, that can sell you a kit to place a 6 bolt engine, into the place of a 7 bolt engine...and that is what you have...

Any questions you may have can and should be answered here...ANSWERS (http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/)

you can even check out Calgary DSM (www.calg.dsm.org)

Hope that answers some of your questions...

redec
11-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
Chris

The answer to the ultimate question

.....next week ... I hope

OMG OMG OMG :clap:

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
In 1993 the DSM's went with lightness as their goal...and they have smaller rods and crank as well...The crank shifts insides it journals, and is then known as that pesky "crankwalk"

...that can sell you a kit to place a 6 bolt engine, into the place of a 7 bolt engine...and that is what you have...

93's don't have a problem w/ crankwalk, 95-99 do...

yeah I've looked into the engine swap a bit, but I figured I'd use this puppy for now, and if I have problems w/ it then I can always do the swap afterwards.

EK 2.0
11-18-2003, 04:08 PM
93's do have the problem...its just more reported in the 2G DSM's...in 1993 is when they made the change from the 6 bolt crank to the 7 bolt crank...

DSM Power
11-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by redec
Anyone know off hand how much power a stock 2g bottom end can make before it disintegrates?.....tried looking on dsmtalk but it appears to be fuct
Doh, Murphy's Law on that one! :banghead: :angel:

Well to quickly answer yer question, I've have always heard the magic 400HP mark. I've seen at least one RRE car that put out that much without rebuild, and another guy I know used to run a 20G on a stock block and clutch (not that I'd recommend that :rolleyes: ). Eventually you're going to buy all the bolt-ons you can and you'll need somewhere else to spend your $$$ anyways.

BTW, you'd better bring that car out next year, I hear things about it but haven't seen it for some time. :whipped:

redec
11-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DSM Power

BTW, you'd better bring that car out next year, I hear things about it but haven't seen it for some time. :whipped:

oh don't you worry, it should be ready to fly by next year :P

what's the first thing to break from too much power?

DSM Power
11-23-2003, 11:53 AM
The tranny usually. :devil: Although at the 2002 BOI in Edmonton, it was a tie between Clinton's tranny and Ron's headgasket (too much boooooost). :nut:

ehos
11-23-2003, 02:07 PM
First thing to break from too much power...

.. usually your bank account.

Then followed closely by nerve ('It's too much power, everytime I use it, I break something').

I had a few cars like that, just too worried about driving and breaking something instead of just enjoying them.