PDA

View Full Version : Airdrie Chrysler Dodge Jeep

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I just found this site a few days ago and I thought you would like to hear a story from a newbie.
Last year(yah I know) I took my 2005 Chrysler 300 to Airdrie Chrysler Dodge Jeep for a oil change. They found the rear axle seals needed replacing(warranty) so I said no problem do the needed repairs. As part of the axle seal job they strongly recommended a 4 wheel alignment(customer cost),, I felt after 4 years it would be Ok to do so yah no problem do it.
They told me they did a "complimentary" car wash. When I got the car home in the sunlight there were MASSIVE swirls and streaks all over the car,, from I think not washing the grit/mud off the car first before using a wash mitt. After a FAILED attempt to power polish only 2 doors,, I was told "nothing further will be done".
The wheel alignment, when I drove the car into Calgary the next day, the car pulled HARD INTO a very brisk wind.
The service manager did say bring the car back and they will "look at it" but in 35 years of taking my car to mechanics, this was the first time I have ever had a problem with an alignment, so I'm afraid to take my car back there for safety reasons.

What's happening?,,, it's off to court we go for reparation of the costs to get my car power polished and the cost of the alignment done by them.

TomcoPDR
10-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by dewm1

What's happening?,,, it's off to court we go for reparation of the costs to get my car power polished and the cost of the alignment done by them.

The cost for court would be more than just paying a detail shop doing a complete polish for you.

FraserB
10-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I hope you are kidding. They waxed your car wrong and aligned it wrong(which they offered to fix for free). You would go to court, waste taxpayer money, a judges time and a dealership owners time to get a polish job? Idiot.

BTW, you are fucked on the wax since you did not inspect the car before accepting it from the dealership(by your own admission. Hopefully someone sends this thread to the dealer so they can treat you the right way.

Nevermind, I just saw this was last year. Do you really think that you will get sympathy from people here or anything from a dealer for something that went on last year?

7thgenvic
10-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by dewm1
I just found this site a few days ago and I thought you would like to hear a story from a newbie.
Last year(yah I know) I took my 2005 Chrysler 300 to Airdrie Chrysler Dodge Jeep for a oil change. They found the rear axle seals needed replacing(warranty) so I said no problem do the needed repairs. As part of the axle seal job they strongly recommended a 4 wheel alignment(customer cost),, I felt after 4 years it would be Ok to do so yah no problem do it.
They told me they did a "complimentary" car wash. When I got the car home in the sunlight there were MASSIVE swirls and streaks all over the car,, from I think not washing the grit/mud off the car first before using a wash mitt. After a FAILED attempt to power polish only 2 doors,, I was told "nothing further will be done".
The wheel alignment, when I drove the car into Calgary the next day, the car pulled HARD INTO a very brisk wind.
The service manager did say bring the car back and they will "look at it" but in 35 years of taking my car to mechanics, this was the first time I have ever had a problem with an alignment, so I'm afraid to take my car back there for safety reasons.

You fail at life! Please leave the site. I don't get if this is some sort of joke orrrr the attemp to take attention away from how horrible Eastside Dodge is.

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

The cost for court would be more than just paying a detail shop doing a complete polish for you.

It's not about the money. That power polish is already done and paid for.

2Valve0
10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I hope you are kidding. They waxed your car wrong and aligned it wrong(which they offered to fix for free). You would go to court, waste taxpayer money, a judges time and a dealership owners time to get a polish job? Idiot.

BTW, you are fucked on the wax since you did not inspect the car before accepting it from the dealership(by your own admission. Hopefully someone sends this thread to the dealer so they can treat you the right way.

Nevermind, I just saw this was last year. Do you really think that you will get sympathy from people here or anything from a dealer for something that went on last year?
i think its the principle LOL
but seriously not worth the money

FraserB
10-27-2009, 11:30 PM
So you are dumb enough to drive around on a mis-aligned car for a year and not inspect a car before signing the release documents.

Are you going to use the claim that you are borderline retarded to sue?

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:30 PM

Just thought people wopuld like to hear of something that happened. Wasn't expecting responses like this. Wasn't looking for sympathy in the slightest way whatsover just sharing what happened.

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

You fail at life! Please leave the site. I don't get if this is some sort of joke orrrr the attemp to take attention away from how horrible Eastside Dodge is.

Absolutly NOT!.
Something happened to me some time ago, I was sharing my experience that's all. This thread is in no way related to Chris's EAST DODGE SUCKS thread.
Just trying to help others that's all.

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:34 PM
So you are dumb enough to drive around on a mis-aligned car for a year and not inspect a car before signing the release documents.

Are you going to use the claim that you are borderline retarded to sue?

KMA. It was parked for several months after that. It was fixed by another shop here in town before it was driven again.

You're pretty good at judgment and insult.

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

i think its the principle LOL
but seriously not worth the money

It is the principle of the matter,, a customer of theirs since '95, bought the car there and the first time I complain about something I get treated like that?,, so the best thing to do is roll over and play dead?

dewm1
10-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

You fail at life! Please leave the site.

luv2ride_bikes
10-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Airdire Chrysler had a terrible service department the last 2 or 3 years. I have been dealing with them for the last 5 years. I bought two new vehicles from them. It has only been in the last 6 months or so that they have gotten better. Probably has something to do with the economy and their low sales volume.

Zero102
10-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I dealt with their sales department earlier this year and they were unbelievably shady.

People should see the $500 coupon on their web site that must be presented BEFORE NEGOTIATING PRICE on a vehicle and just run like hell. These guys pulled a classic bait & switch on me, changed a contract after it was signed then tried to hold me to it. They then called me a liar and attempted to dodge all of my phone calls.

Seriously, stay the hell away from this dealership.

03ozwhip
10-28-2009, 04:59 PM
so basically in the end, dont buy anything from any dodge/chrysler in all of calgary and surrounding areas becuase theyll all fuck you over somehow??? shitty to hear/say but it does look like thats the way its going....

SRT10Killer
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
wow could of done everyone a favor and not buy a fuckin dodge/chrysler

bubbley
10-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey OP are you from eastside dodge? LOL

Susanmatthew
10-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

canadian canuck
10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
I think the point dewm1 is trying to make is that more and more people need to post or mention their bad experiences no matter what dealership.

Face it we are all going to be treated differently at any dealership. Ford, Honda, Kia, DODGE.

There is always going to be + and - about any dealership. But I do appreciate the mention of the allignmnet issues, at least knowing what to watch for from this dealership is key,

More and more people flood forums and websites with bad experiences and some dealerships are starting to see this rash run of complaints, and they should. Today the consumer doesn't get a choice , the seller dictates your choice. and that is the end.

dewm1 - when we get a decent snap of weather, i'll try and find my paint repair polish designed for swirls, and light scratch marks, it is a good product, some elbow grease required but it will work away the swirls and such if you sill need it.

Zero102
10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
so basically in the end, dont buy anything from any dodge/chrysler in all of calgary and surrounding areas becuase theyll all fuck you over somehow??? shitty to hear/say but it does look like thats the way its going....

Not the case at all. I bought my car from Country Chrysler in High River and they were excellent. The salesperson was actually the dealership manager, his name was listed in the ad and he was actually very helpful. He showed me a couple similar cars to what I was looking at, kept the dealership open 2 1/2 hours late while he showed us a couple others, and he gave us a real "no bullshit" approach. He opened with his bottom price on every car and fairly appraised my trade-in. In the end I bought a car from him for $5k less than I could find a similar one at any local dealerships, in a color I liked more with less km on it. I would go back in a heartbeat if I was in the market for another car right now.

Also, I have recently taken my car to Courtesy Chrysler (deerfoot/glenmore auto mall) for 2 different out-of-warranty repairs and they were very fair on pricing, had it ready exactly when promised and although there were some minor issues they took care of them RIGHT away for me. When I need any other warranty or non-warranty work, they have my business.

It's not all bad, but you know, people will always come post when something bad happens, and almost never when something good happens.

Zero102
10-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer
wow could of done everyone a favor and not buy a fuckin dodge/chrysler

That's great, but maybe we could keep this thread on topic :drama:

Good on Canadian Canuck for offering some help

FraserB
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

Also, I have recently taken my car to Courtesy Chrysler (deerfoot/glenmore auto mall) for 2 different out-of-warranty repairs and they were very fair on pricing, had it ready exactly when promised and although there were some minor issues they took care of them RIGHT away for me. When I need any other warranty or non-warranty work, they have my business.

It's not all bad, but you know, people will always come post when something bad happens, and almost never when something good happens.

x2 on Courtesy, they are the only dealership that will even look at my obviously offroaded Jeep and treat it like any other vehicle. The dont go poking around looking for ways to tell me they wont work on it.

canadian canuck
10-29-2009, 11:41 AM
^ I agree Courtesy has been decent to me when I had the car in there for servicing as well.

They are the dealership we have lined up for servicing on the new car.

canadian canuck
10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

Not the case at all. I bought my car from Country Chrysler in High River and they were excellent. The salesperson was actually the dealership manager, his name was listed in the ad and he was actually very helpful. He showed me a couple similar cars to what I was looking at, kept the dealership open 2 1/2 hours late while he showed us a couple others, and he gave us a real "no bullshit" approach. He opened with his bottom price on every car and fairly appraised my trade-in. In the end I bought a car from him for $5k less than I could find a similar one at any local dealerships, in a color I liked more with less km on it. I would go back in a heartbeat if I was in the market for another car right now.

you are right, not enough positives and too many negatives. Courtesy has been a good dealership to deal with, and have been with my car, they were the only dealership to diagnose and actually put in the time to try and attempt to figure out what was going on. The tech that worked on my car pulled a few hail mary's to offer a couple different fixes, at least they did something, not just hand the keys back and tell me they couldn't duplicate the problem.

I will on the flip side say the dealership that assisted me in resolving some of my issues hss been great, I have a new car to pick up this weekend, they went to great lengths to ensure I have a safe car, set me up with my servicing here in Calgary, and went through the different "extras" that Eastside Dodge didn't even offer, so I have to say I have been treated very well by Capital Dodge, not to mention I have sent 3 friends there already, 2 actully purchased vehicle this week.