PDA

View Full Version : BMW M3 with a tuned 2JZ Toyota Supra motor

trev0006
10-27-2009, 11:44 PM
BMW M3 with a tuned 2JZ Toyota Supra motor (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-09/10-28-09page-BMW-M3-with-a-tuned-2JZ-Toyota-Supra-motor.htm) car makes over 500whp.

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Hmm something seems off about that engine. Sounded strange on the dyno and 500whp at 30psi on a 2j engine really isn't much of an accomplishment. 20 psi on pump with supporting mods should net you 500whp with that engine and turbo.

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Haha "Flex Fuel"

Sorath
10-28-2009, 10:55 AM
doesnt ems come with a boost control unit? why are they using a mbc?

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Haha "Flex Fuel"
God I hope those numbers arent on e85 as well.. that makes the outcome even worse.

misterrick
10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

God I hope those numbers arent on e85 as well.. that makes the outcome even worse.

said right on the screen using aem ems and e85...

when the one guy is coughing im pretty sure i actually heard him say "love that e85" too bad they dont know how to use it....

also, on the subject of MBC's, im pretty sure that turbo is worth almost as much as my car, and they seem to have some homemade POS boost controller....pretty sure these guys have been drinking e85..

lawrence at calgary autoworks made the same amount of power on his turbo'd stock motor s2000 at 15psi with pump gas and water/meth

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by misterrick

said right on the screen using aem ems and e85...

when the one guy is coughing im pretty sure i actually heard him say "love that e85" too bad they dont know how to use it....

also, on the subject of MBC's, im pretty sure that turbo is worth almost as much as my car, and they seem to have some homemade POS boost controller....pretty sure these guys have been drinking e85..

lawrence at calgary autoworks made the same amount of power on his turbo'd stock motor s2000 at 15psi with pump gas and water/meth
Wow those are terrible numbers then.. why would these guys post up a video of such horrible results? Lots of 500whp 4 cyl mr2s rolling around with much smaller turbos and less boost.

BTW what turbo was lawrence using?

misterrick
10-28-2009, 12:46 PM

Wow those are terrible numbers then.. why would these guys post up a video of such horrible results? Lots of 500whp 4 cyl mr2s rolling around with much smaller turbos and less boost.

BTW what turbo was lawrence using?

not totally sure. its an SPA that made my head look small though.... hes got the engine in pieces right now actually and the block is being machined for the darton sleeves he picked up. he wants to break 700whp and i realy dont see it being a problem after its fully built :poosie:

oh, and they probably posted it because the guy tuning thinks he is the shit. little does he know that he actually IS shit :P

and another thing, i may not be an expert, but should the manifold really be glowing that much with only that much power? maybe the timing is waaayyy too far back... would probably explain the lack of power...

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM

not totally sure. its an SPA that made my head look small though.... hes got the engine in pieces right now actually and the block is being machined for the darton sleeves he picked up. he wants to break 700whp and i realy dont see it being a problem after its fully built :poosie:

oh, and they probably posted it because the guy tuning thinks he is the shit. little does he know that he actually IS shit :P

and another thing, i may not be an expert, but should the manifold really be glowing that much with only that much power? maybe the timing is waaayyy too far back... would probably explain the lack of power...
Crazy.. should be a hell of a car when it's done..

Yah I think you're right about the timing, either that or they have a boost leak somewhere. The car just doesn't sound right. You can hear more engine than you can turbo and with a turbo that size it should be the other way around. It sounds like an NA inline 6 with a big exhaust on it. The turbo isn't doing it's job right.

misterrick
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM

Crazy.. should be a hell of a car when it's done..

Yah I think you're right about the timing, either that or they have a boost leak somewhere. The car just doesn't sound right. You can hear more engine than you can turbo and with a turbo that size it should be the other way around. It sounds like an NA inline 6 with a big exhaust on it. The turbo isn't doing it's job right.

would a boost just make the turbo even louder? you would hear it from the turbine and whistling out of a leak....

it does sound more NA though.... and it seems to hold the rpm for a long time in the top end rather than being smooth and quick

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
It looks a bit jiggly up top on the graph, prolly a few horsepower to be had in cleaning that up a bit.

It took me a bit to realize it was an automatic. I thought they were doing 2nd gear runs for some stupid reason.

misterrick
10-28-2009, 05:22 PM
It looks a bit jiggly up top on the graph, prolly a few horsepower to be had in cleaning that up a bit.

It took me a bit to realize it was an automatic. I thought they were doing 2nd gear runs for some stupid reason.

only a bmw owner would WANT an auto mated to his 2jz....

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM

only a bmw owner would WANT an auto mated to his 2jz....

No shit, autos are for people who cant drive....well, i cant say that 100%, autos are good in the quarter mile, because of consistancy. But i would still go sequential over automatic.

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2009, 05:44 PM

Yah I thought he was doing 2nd gear runs as well at first.

As for boost leaks it depends on where the leak is. If it's a small hole in a coupler then it will whistle. if it's a leak somewhere around the exhaust manifold, waste gate ext you will get a louder exhaust noise and engine noise. If a coupler is partially off or totally off then all you hear is engine. If the coupler was totally off he wouldnt make boost at all.

JZS_147
10-29-2009, 01:09 AM
wow, that runs like shit. still cool though, i was planning on tossing a 1J in my E34. :D

Jason Lange
10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
It looks good but for that amount of boost and that turbo they should be around 700hp. I did 485whp at 15psi with a 3582R...would still be fun though.

Ekliptix
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Can't wait to see some track times. The solid axle, auto, and transbrake should kick ass at the track.

gpomp
10-29-2009, 09:32 PM

It took me a bit to realize it was an automatic. I thought they were doing 2nd gear runs for some stupid reason. 3 speed auto ;)