PDA

View Full Version : Strathmore Court

Tomaz
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Did search, no results.

I know in Calgary, you can show up before your court date and talk to the crown regarding tickets. I was wondering if the same applied to tickets in Strathmore Court?

If this is true, would anybody know when I could go down there? (It's been a while ;) )

THX!

dexlargo
10-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure if you can before a trial date, but if you set it for trial, you can definitely try and do a deal with the trial crown before court starts.

A790
10-28-2009, 11:25 AM
:facepalm: What'd you do this time? lol

DayGlow
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Best bet is to call them

Cock Knuckle
10-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Good Luck,

If you show up on your court date and see 5-10 Lifted Dually's then you may be in a bit of trouble. The Redneck tickets will be thrown out ("good ol boys, never meanin no harm" defence). This will leave a large amount of time for the Crown to "git to deliberatin" on your ass.

You will probably have to explain why you are not driving a lifted dually, and most likely end up paying the ticket with full demerits.

TIP: You may get the demerits down if you confess your love for BIGFOOT Monster trucks, Budweiser Beer and if you mention someone just TOOK YER JERB.

Tomaz
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Cock Knuckle
Good Luck,

If you show up on your court date and see 5-10 Lifted Dually's then you may be in a bit of trouble. The Redneck tickets will be thrown out ("good ol boys, never meanin no harm" defence). This will leave a large amount of time for the Crown to "git to deliberatin" on your ass.

You will probably have to explain why you are not driving a lifted dually, and most likely end up paying the ticket with full demerits.

TIP: You may get the demerits down if you confess your love for BIGFOOT Monster trucks, Budweiser Beer and if you mention someone just TOOK YER JERB.

You have some serious hate on the town of Strathmore! Lol. Funny thing is I used to take out the groceries for all the lawyers, judges, and police working at the Co-op. Too bad I used all of my "Git'er-outta-jail-free" cards :(

Anyway, after calling everyone in the Justice Department, I finally came across someone who gave me an answer:

When given a ticket with a court date in Strathmore you can pay the fine and plead guilty (voluntary payment options printed on the ticket), or arrive on the specified court date.

NOTE: You can also voluntarily pay your fine on the court date provided on the ticket. This option is great for people like me who like to use interact!

If you would like to appeal your ticket when summoned to Strathmore, show up on date specified on the ticket. When you are there, you have to talk to the person running the counter. At this point you can pay the fine (Plead guilty), or add yourself to the list to see First Appearance Crown. It should be noted that this is a busy courthouse and can be quite full on “traffic court days”.

The First Appearance Crown is the person to speak with when you want to plead your case, arrange for a payment schedule, etc. If you plead not guilty and wish to take the ticket to court, this is where you have a court date made.

In a nutshell: no matter what you wish to do with your ticket, show up on the date, get directions from the front counter.

LUDELVR
10-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I know that you have to show up something rediculous like the 3rd Monday of each month and the 2nd Tuesday or something idiotic like that!

I had to go there and am in the midst of contesting a ticket. The cops ALWAYS show up and that's why they schedule these dates. I'll try and find the exact dates that you can go in to talk to the CP, but in the end, you better have a good excuse to talk to her.

Seanith
10-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Sounds a lot like the system they have in Airdrie. You simply show up on your court date, and then speak to a CP. They probably only have one day of the week (like Airdrie) to see people for traffic violations.

It's pretty much like Calgary in terms of going in, asking for reductions etc, but you can't simply show up before your court date. I wouldn't expect there to be a bunch of people there fighting tickets. When I went in the summer to Airdrie, there was like 4 people.