PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 clinic linup report

ExtraSlow
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Thought it might be helpful for people to post thier experiences with H1N1 clinic wait times.
Please include the clinic location, date and time that you got there.

While I haven't gotten mine yet, I've been asking around and here's what I've heard firsthand:
October 26 - South Calgary - Morning, 1.5 hours
October 27th - Cochrane 12:15-3:45 - 3.5 hours.

Note, there is already a thread to discuss the validity and importance of this vaccine, so let's keep that discussion in the other thread.
h1n1 vaccine will you get it do you trust it thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/282434/h1n1-vaccine-will-you-get-it-do-you-trust-it/)

JordanLotoski
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
olympic oval is open today for anyone with kids under 9 and seniors. Its all indoor so the wait wont be so bad.

kenny
10-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
olympic oval is open today for anyone with kids under 9 and seniors. Its all indoor so the wait wont be so bad.

Might be indoors, but reported wait time at the Oval is 6 hours. :eek:

Kritafo
10-28-2009, 12:06 PM
The Olympic oval is for high risk Calgarians.

Pregnant women
Children up to 10
Seniors,

they will also vaccinate accompanying family members.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/emergencyplan/influenzaH1N1

Melinda
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Avenida yesterday at 1, the wait was slightly over an hour. Just a note, the wait from the beginning of the little curve of the building is about 35-40 mins.

Eleanor
10-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Might be indoors, but reported wait time at the Oval is 6 hours. :eek: The lineup this morning was all the way down the KINES hallway to the atrium, and it didn't seem like it was moving at all. Both walls lined with strollers & hypochondriacs :D

Mr.Buffy
10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Avenida was 4 hours wait since about 1 hour ago.

Heard Okotoks was about 1.5 hours.

prae
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I heard richmond road, dinner hour, 2.5 hours.

Mitsu3000gt
10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
The news said there were times yesterday at the Whitehorn clinic you could just walk right in with no lineup.

Xtrema
10-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Line at the Oval took my parents 30 mins

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
How long are these vaccinations going on for?

TDA
10-28-2009, 04:42 PM
From *media* reports, well into dec, possibly longer. They may shut down the special clinics once the vaccines are distributed to third party health services, companies, pharmacies, doctors, etc.

lint
10-29-2009, 12:08 PM
any updated times for today? I heard that brentwood this morning was 2 hrs. Wondering what it's been like in the late afternoon?

JMaj7
10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm going to be on stand by with this thread. In and out is how I like it. How's whitehorn looking today? Anyone know a clever time to go?

Hanzo
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
No line inside the foothills hospital as well. They are open until 10pm.

lint
10-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Hanzo
No line inside the foothills hospital as well. They are open until 10pm.

more info please. website only lists the 6 clinic locations. Where do you go at foothills?

EDIT: nevermind. I called and the vaccinations at the hospital are only for staff. Gen pub has to go to a clinic.

Hanzo
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Hard to explain but it's near the rear of the hospital. I think it is meant for health workers but I've noticed students and visitors using it as well since there was no lineup and about 10 personnel administering the shots. So I went ahead and they did not ask me any questions and gave me the shot.

Kritafo
10-29-2009, 01:01 PM
What do you consider the rear of the hospital can you give more of a description as to where. You would think my family going up everyday and them telling us to get in one of the lineups someone would have told us they were doing shots right at foothills. We had to organize someone with shots to be with my sister yesterday so family member could get vaccinated.

Hanzo
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
What do you consider the rear of the hospital can you give more of a description as to where. You would think my family going up everyday and them telling us to get in one of the lineups someone would have told us they were doing shots right at foothills. We had to organize someone with shots to be with my sister yesterday so family member could get vaccinated.

head towards the foothills hospital from the children's hospital. (this is via the newly constructed overpath across 16th ave) You will come across a T intersection, if you turn left, you'll merge onto 16th ave heading east but if you turn right, you'll enter towards the hospital. Drive about 200 meters and you'll come to an opening, almost like a docking area of the hospital. you'll see staircases leading up to the hospital. Take the stairs and when you get to the doors, turn to your left and you'll see people administering the shots. hope that explains it...

ExtraSlow
10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
My mother was at the Whitehorn clinic this morning. She spoke to someone who was there at 8:30, and they waited 3 hours. She arrived at 11:00, and the lineup was much longer than three hours, she estimates 5-6 hours. She went home instead of waiting in line.

EDIT:
Also, my Brother was at the Oval this morning and waitied three hours.

Kritafo
10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Hanzo

head towards the foothills hospital from the children's hospital. (this is via the newly constructed overpath across 16th ave) You will come across a T intersection, if you turn left, you'll merge onto 16th ave heading east but if you turn right, you'll enter towards the hospital. Drive about 200 meters and you'll come to an opening, almost like a docking area of the hospital. you'll see staircases leading up to the hospital. Take the stairs and when you get to the doors, turn to your left and you'll see people administering the shots. hope that explains it...

Thanks! I hope this works. We have lots of family that need shots and are coming to Calgary without shots yet.

Kritafo
10-29-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/files/ns-staff-immunization-clinics.pdf

So they aren't asking if you are a health care worker? Just thought I would pass along something I found on the AHS site for staff clinics

t_soarer
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
For children under 10, anyone considered in the "immediate family" to the child can line up at the Olympic Oval to get the shot as well.

GoChris
10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/files/ns-staff-immunization-clinics.pdf

So they aren't asking if you are a health care worker? Just thought I would pass along something I found on the AHS site for staff clinics

Yes you have to be staff. My wife works at rockyview and it's not super simple to get it even if you are staff is the impression I got.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Was at Brentwood this morning. Wait was apparently 4-6 hours, so I didnt bother.

hampstor
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
At the oval right now. 45 min and I'm almost half way. Lineup is from the stairs All the way down to weight room and back down the other wall to the stairs again.

Edit : watching the girls volleyball team practice helped pass the time :angel:

Kritafo
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

Yes you have to be staff. My wife works at rockyview and it's not super simple to get it even if you are staff is the impression I got.

That is what I think, I am too scared to just randomly get in line like Hanzo did.

hampstor
10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Last night the staff said the quickest at the Oval is between 1-4pm. It is because their staff work 8-4 and 12-8 (more like 12-9..) and the overlap between 1-4pm speeds up the lines.

ExtraSlow
10-30-2009, 10:04 AM
That's probably the same shift at every clinic. Wonder if that's also the prime time to attend.

GoChris
10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Is avenida quicker than the oval?

89coupe
10-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

Actually anyone can go there, they are not refusing anyone.

Afrodeziak
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Any rumor that they will be setting up a spot at Mt Royal Uni?

Pollywog
10-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
Any rumor that they will be setting up a spot at Mt Royal Uni?

Are you asking if there is a rumor, or stating there is a rumor? :dunno:

Kritafo
10-30-2009, 12:01 PM
just got word that they are turning people away from Richmond Road Diagnostic Treatment Centre they will be closed at 3:30 and there is a 5 hour wait right now. Calgary Herald is reporting the Avenida Village mall location have been closed for the day and Olympic Oval is turning away anyone that isn't in the high risk group.

Here is the Calgary Herald Article that backs up the phone call I just got.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Calgarians+turned+away+H1N1+clinics/2161628/story.html

Afrodeziak
10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
edit: looks like actual supply will have more affect on this than anything else.

Simply asking, as I don't want to go stand in a huge line if it turns out they will be doing it at MRU.

shawtie
10-30-2009, 12:16 PM
The news says all clinics are closed now today.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091030/CGY_Vaccine_Lineups_091030/20091030/?hub=CalgaryHome

HuMz
10-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Very suprised to see the Avineda clinic closed already, skipped my last 2 classes so I could get there before noon, plus im in the high risk group:banghead:

dexlargo
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by shawtie
The news says all clinics are closed now today.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091030/CGY_Vaccine_Lineups_091030/20091030/?hub=CalgaryHome I'm at the NE clinic right now. Been waiting 3 hours. Almost done. If they stopped letting people in, they only did so within the last hour.

Melinda
10-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
Very suprised to see the Avineda clinic closed already, skipped my last 2 classes so I could get there before noon, plus im in the high risk group:banghead:
Sounds like everyone had the same idea as you, only 3 hours earlier. Avenida closed to new people at 9 this morning, that's how many people were already in line. The news report from yesterday has everyone freaked out.

l/l/rX
10-30-2009, 06:37 PM
does it not irritate you guys when you watch the news and see all the people in the lineup, that a good HALF of them should NOT be there? just a bit? no?

They say all high risk groups should be the first to get the shot, i understand parents with the children getting the shots at the same time as the children. Obviously they're not going to wait in line AGAIN to get the shot.

but the people who wait in line that don't have children, clearly not in the high risk age group, are standing there? You can't tell me every person who is not in the high risk age group has a chronic disease.

I like how they interviewed a man in his 40's (presumably) and he's complaining how health canada is letting him down, by not having enough vaccinations.

to stop a "pandemic" i think its a good idea to take care of the high risk groups first to dramatically decrease the spread of the infection. do you not agree?

ExtraSlow
10-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Can't blame individuals for acting in their own self interest. That's human nature. Government could have set some rules, but didn't bother.
Besides, you can't tell just by looking at a person if they have a child or spouse who is particularly high risk.

nismodrifter
10-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
does it not irritate you guys when you watch the news and see all the people in the lineup, that a good HALF of them should NOT be there? just a bit? no?

They say all high risk groups should be the first to get the shot, i understand parents with the children getting the shots at the same time as the children. Obviously they're not going to wait in line AGAIN to get the shot.

but the people who wait in line that don't have children, clearly not in the high risk age group, are standing there? You can't tell me every person who is not in the high risk age group has a chronic disease.

I like how they interviewed a man in his 40's (presumably) and he's complaining how health canada is letting him down, by not having enough vaccinations.

to stop a "pandemic" i think its a good idea to take care of the high risk groups first to dramatically decrease the spread of the infection. do you not agree?

People don't give a shit. Plain and simple. Valuable time + resources are wasted every single day on dealing with idiots like that....they could give 0.02% of a shit though as their health/survival is top priority.

2EFNFAST
10-31-2009, 01:36 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Neil4Speed
10-31-2009, 08:32 AM

Pollywog
10-31-2009, 08:32 AM

beemerm3
10-31-2009, 08:46 AM
haha me n by friend s cut in line at the wihitehorn one... haha all the moms n kid s never said anythin haha got my shot haha feel good :clap:

Pollywog
10-31-2009, 08:52 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/JKCarrier/Forum%20Stuff/Obvioustroll.jpg

Originally posted by beemerm3
haha me n by friend s cut in line at the wihitehorn one... haha all the moms n kid s never said anythin haha got my shot haha feel good :clap:

so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find :eek: treasures n eerything.

haha i know that :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so why dont they go througt the ocean then??????? only 5 % is parthetic . they should do a tax or somethin for lookin down there haha. id pay.

like a sea lookin tax aha

This (http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=finduser&userid=66318) is pathetic. Fuck off and die.

E90_330xi
10-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Has anybody been to the Oval today?

Need to take my 2 kids and just wondering what lines are like?

mac_82
10-31-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by v2kai

another -1 for the bmw driver reputation:facepalm: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is -3 now. :guns:

beemerm3
10-31-2009, 05:51 PM
ya so tfuckkin what we cut infront all those bitcvhes. fuckin didnt say shit.

scary_perry
10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
troll of the year so far LOL

2EFNFAST
10-31-2009, 11:09 PM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Heard on the radio that the government has stopped, and closed all the vaccination centers indefinately, but may re-open, only for high risk groups later this week.

HuMz
11-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

Keep in mind though that you can't tell if a person is high risk just by looking at them. Theres obviously noway anyone could tell I have asthma, but would probably be stereotyped in your statement because I don't have kids and am a young adult.

Alberta has one of the highest asthma rates in the world, Im sure in everyones circle of friends they at least know a couple people with it.

Not saying there isn't people abusing the way its set up right now because there is, but its also not fair to just assume everyone who looks heathly in line acutally is.

ExtraSlow
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Just an update, I was at the stampede Grandstand clinic last night. Literally Zero wait time. They had dozens of tables set up, and maybe a third of those had patients at them. The rest of the nurses were just reading books or hanging out.

Had a buddy tell me he waited five minutes at the avenida location on monday afternoon.

if anyone who's eligible was wondering about the wait times, they are pretty much gone.
Highly reccomend the stampede clinic as it's huge. According to one news report it has space for 100 nurses to work at once, and while I didn't count, I belive it. Free parking right by the door too.

lint
11-11-2009, 05:03 PM
no lineup at the Richmond rd clinic either. wife and I got shots today, son got his last week. much better organized this time around.

ExtraSlow
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
It's interesting. This current method is much better in terms of not wasting the publics time, but is less efficient in terms of how many shots they can give out in a day.
I know I'm happy I didn't have to wait in line, but I can't help but wonder if we are going to be vaccinating more slowly because of the new procedure.
Probably a moot point once they open the clinics up the general populace. By then so many "high risk" people will be out of the way that the lineups won't be too bad.

ExtraSlow
11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
will be interesting to see what the lineups look like next week once it's open to everyone again. I'm guessing it won't be too bad due to the extra vaccination clinics, and the fact that so many people are already done.

preludez
11-21-2009, 01:47 PM
i survived with swine flu symptoms

natejj
11-21-2009, 02:33 PM
20 minutes, got my shot yesterday. Fort Nelson though. :D

TimG
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
waited about 20-30 minutes for my shot last night at Avenida.