PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT COME to CIM if you have tinted windows

403ep3
10-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Long story short. They have one guy camping out the entrance then relaying the tinters and speeders to two other cops who are writing the tickets.

Who knew that you can't even tint your rear window?

Again, cim is cross iron mills and its around 4pm.

57 bucks for the ticket. I'm guessing its quota time.

Shlade
10-28-2009, 04:16 PM
ummm what? since when is it illegal to have rear windows tinted?

Kloubek
10-28-2009, 04:16 PM
It isn't.

JAYMEZ
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
It isnt.. wow wtf

03ozwhip
10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
judging from OP's sig, im sure it was his front windows he got ticketed for. definitely not the rear.

snoop101
10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
judging from OP's sig, im sure it was his front windows he got ticketed for. definitely not the rear.

GO FLAMES GO???

nvm my work must be blocking his pic.

Xtrema
10-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Rears are ok or they will pull every SUV and minivan over.

Fronts like the one in your sig is not ok. Everyone knows that's the risk you take when you tint fronts.

schocker
10-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

GO FLAMES GO???

:rofl:
Oh quota, only 4 more days to go.

BrknFngrs
10-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Fronts like the one in your sig is not ok. Everyone knows that's the risk you take when you tint fronts.

Agreed, OP must have misunderstood or maybe the cop was "confused"

88CRX
10-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Brutal.

Who's issuing the tickets? RCMP?

03ozwhip
10-28-2009, 04:35 PM

GO FLAMES GO???

his sig has his car with blacked out front windows.

7thgenvic
10-28-2009, 04:37 PM
57 bux.....mehhhh....shit happens.

Pollywog
10-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Limo tint all around for years and not a word from anybody..I know my fronts are illegal, but he really told you the back is too? Thats absolute crap, totally untrue.

And someone understand me if I don't have this correct: There is a cop at the entranceway to the new mall who is directing those offenders to other police officers to issue the ticket? Whats next, a tint-sweep unit at the entrance of Douglasdale?

kenny
10-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Wonder if they can force you to roll your windows up if you drive by.

SR240SX
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

WAs just gonna say, All windows other then the 2 fronts on my pathy are tinted from teh factory....I should go for a drive and see what happens lol

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Yes they can, have heard of it a few times.

if you dont want tickets op, dont tint your front windows, its been said, i know, but really, guy, its illegal, you know its illegal, therefore you are accepting the risk, and the associated tickets. I dont agree with the bullshit tint law either, but a law is a law.

and Jason, you will get a ticket for your fronts.

snoop101
10-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by kenny

I had this happen in Kelowna. Went through a road block. The lady said "can you do up this window". so I did. she came back and said I have 30 days to remove the tint and then let me go.

All fine and dandy, but heres the kicker. In BC when I got this it said I had to get it inspected, which is about 100 bucks.

403ep3
10-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Umm yeah the RCMP guy told me that even the rear window was illegal. I made sure to ask him a couple times because in my head I was like WTF?! He said that the only windows you can tint are your rear side windows.

He was a nice guy and all but what gay tickets. They had like 3 people tinted just for tint, not even speeding.

403ep3
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Limo tint all around for years and not a word from anybody..I know my fronts are illegal, but he really told you the back is too? Thats absolute crap, totally untrue.

And someone understand me if I don't have this correct: There is a cop at the entranceway to the new mall who is directing those offenders to other police officers to issue the ticket? Whats next, a tint-sweep unit at the entrance of Douglasdale?

That's basically what is going on. I would've been more clear but I was already late to work and was typing on my BB. It's a trap!

edit: my front windows aren't limo but I guess it's dark enough 35%

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Umm yeah the RCMP guy told me that even the rear window was illegal. I made sure to ask him a couple times because in my head I was like WTF?! He said that the only windows you can tint are your rear side windows.

He was a nice guy and all but what gay tickets. They had like 3 people tinted just for tint, not even speeding.

He's full of shit, its like somebody else said, most suvs and mini vans have the tint built in, so i guess thats illegal too then hey? Its called privacy tint, so people cant see your shit in the back. My boss had a cop tell him once that his tint on his front windows is illegal, which was fine, but when asked why its illegal the cop responded " we need to be able to see your eyes" So, my boss says " well what if im wearing sunglasses, are those illegal too?" Cop wasnt too happy about that one ;)

Eken9
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Yeah... I never really was like "WTF" until I got a ridiculous ticket ontop of legit tickets. 2 legit tickets and 1 ticket for "oversized exhaust" Apexi WS2. It looks stock and it sounds stock. They didn't even say it was loud or anything. Just that it looked, "oversized"$93.00 later...

End of the month ticket too:thumbsup:

5hift
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for keeping us safe CPS/RCMP :thumbsup:

Meter maids with guns

HondaKid
10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Just another reason to order everything online, saves the ticket trap at a mall. Good to see cops out there really getting to the issues of the day, I wonder how many accidents are caused due to tinted windows?

Cops need to stick to the real issues; speeding, driving infractions (non-tint), muffler fart cans (Harleys too!), drunks, etc. I know the cops did not join the force to write tinted window tickets. Money grab by the city.

Xtrema
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
Cops need to stick to the real issues;

Their salaries are as real as it gets!

speedog
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
Money grab by the city. What city? Calgary's boundaries do not include Cross Iron Mills and neither does the city of Airdrie's (don't believe they have their own opolice force though). That would leave the jurisdiction that includes Cross Iron Mills to the RCMP.

2000TL
10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Cross Iron Mills is within the boundaries of Rocky View County not City of Calgary nor City of Airdrie, but HWY 566 and HWY 2 which surrounds the mall is part of Alberta Transportation and that is where RCMP come in. Rocky View County has its own peace officers.

Sharpie
10-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Fucking what a load of horse shit, I got one today aswell but it was $115... Oh well I guess its off to see the crown in a month :cry: :rofl:

adidas
10-28-2009, 06:25 PM

I had this happen in Kelowna. Went through a road block. The lady said "can you do up this window". so I did. she came back and said I have 30 days to remove the tint and then let me go.

All fine and dandy, but heres the kicker. In BC when I got this it said I had to get it inspected, which is about 100 bucks.

Removal of tint - Free
Inspection - 100
Tinting both front windows again - 100

Ticket fine - 60

lol...i think at that point ill just keep the tint and pay the ticket!

This is a good time for them to do this, considering its pretty cold to be rolling with ur windows down.

hampstor
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
So I'm a bit surprised by this. Is this
how they were planning on paying for
infrastructure upgrades to all
the roads around mallzac?

wes_v
10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
35% all around. I have yet to get any trouble for it.

98type_r
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by wes_v
35% all around. I have yet to get any trouble for it.

op says he has 35% on the front but it was enough to get him ticketed.

In my 8 years with the integra, 50% all around I was only given one ticket.

wes_v
10-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r

op says he has 35% on the front but it was enough to get him ticketed.

In my 8 years with the integra, 50% all around I was only given one ticket.
He also has limo in the back which makes the car look like it has tinted front windows. But on mine when you have the same 35% tint all the way around it looks legit in the light, thus so far no tickets:D

94boosted
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I never really noticed just how many people have their front windows tinted until I got mine done. There is honestly alot of cars with this done I think you just need a real picky fuck of a cop and/or quota time :dunno:

FraserB
10-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I should drive by there. My glass on the rear hatch is basically blacked out, same with the windows in the rear cargo area. You cant see in at all unless you are right next to them on an angle, all factory.

chkolny541
10-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I should drive by there. My glass on the rear hatch is basically blacked out, same with the windows in the rear cargo area. You cant see in at all unless you are right next to them on an angle, all factory.
why? so you can get a ticket? lol

speeed
10-29-2009, 02:41 AM
i have 20 in the back and 30 up front. stopped at a light beside a cop a few times and wasn't given any trouble. we made eye contact too lol.

guess its quota time

FiveFreshFish
10-29-2009, 02:52 AM
Thanks for the warning about CIM.

No aftermarket tint allowed on any window in front of the B-pillar. Behind the B-pillar can be any tint. In fact, you don't even need windows behind the B-pillar (like a cube van).

rpalm35
10-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I have 35% all around and tinted lights. Really don't feel like testing my luck though.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!

luxor
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Umm yeah the RCMP guy told me that even the rear window was illegal.

You are an idiot, stop making up bullshit stories. You got a ticket for your front side windows being tinted, NOT any of your windows in the back. You are stupid enough to tint your front windows so it's obvious that you are stupid enough to believe that you got a ticket for your rear windows. Either you take those tints off or pay the fine, simple as that. Don't come on here trying to make them look like the bad guys.

Sorath
10-29-2009, 11:32 AM
scat19 better not go there, he's got even tint on his windsheild :rofl:

Pollywog
10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
scat19 better not go there, he's got even tint on his windsheild :rofl:

Welcome to yesterday, the joke is old and the tint is gone.

Jim Rome99
10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Cars should be seized for having illegal tint, forget the $57 slap on the wrist. It is a serious risk to public safety.

Sorath
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM

Welcome to yesterday, the joke is old and the tint is gone.

the joke is never old

mr2mike
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by speedog
What city? Calgary's boundaries do not include Cross Iron Mills and neither does the city of Airdrie's (don't believe they have their own opolice force though). That would leave the jurisdiction that includes Cross Iron Mills to the RCMP.

You ticket will say at or within the Calgary Area. Don't try fighting it based on location.
Possibly there's an agreement in place that the RCMP don't patrol the CIM area, city police do as the MD has a large area to patrol they can't focus on the idiots loitering around the mall.

scat19
10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I'll swing by in my other car and show em how the tint is done :bigpimp:

Pollywog
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
Cars should be seized for having illegal tint, forget the $57 slap on the wrist. It is a serious risk to public safety.

Really?:rolleyes:

I gotta say, not having the sun GLARING in my fucking eyeballs through the side window actually provides quite a safe driving experience IMO.

While I understand what you are trying to say, stating all vehicles with illegal tint should be seized is absolutely retarded. Whats next, seize vehicles that have non-projector HIDs? or how about tinted brake lights? SEIZED

yeahyeah
10-29-2009, 12:07 PM

Really?:rolleyes:

I gotta say, not having the sun GLARING in my fucking eyeballs through the side window actually provides quite a safe driving experience IMO.

While I understand what you are trying to say, stating all vehicles with illegal tint should be seized is absolutely retarded. Whats next, seize vehicles that have non-projector HIDs? or how about tinted brake lights? SEIZED
Then you should tint your own side windows :dunno:

Pollywog
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by yeahyeah

Then you should tint your own side windows :dunno:

:facepalm:
I said on the first page I've had limo tint all around for years.

The_Rural_Juror
10-29-2009, 12:15 PM

How would anyone know that you're handsome? bass man.

yeahyeah
10-29-2009, 12:23 PM

you drive a limo?

403ep3
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by luxor

You are an idiot, stop making up bullshit stories. You got a ticket for your front side windows being tinted, NOT any of your windows in the back. You are stupid enough to tint your front windows so it's obvious that you are stupid enough to believe that you got a ticket for your rear windows. Either you take those tints off or pay the fine, simple as that. Don't come on here trying to make them look like the bad guys.

Are you a fucking retard? Did you even read what I wrote or are you one of those fags that reads a sentence and then goes on and bashes it. Haha I never made them to look bad in any way. I even said that the guy was actually pretty nice about it. Also, I did ask the rcmp three times, pointing to my fucking rear window, if he was positive with what he said. I doubt its true but that's what the dude said. Stop trying to flame when there is nothing to flame me about.

1. He was a chill guy
2. You're an idiot

Thanks. Hell, I couldve gotten a ticket for two of my windows rather than one. I'm lucky.

Edit: The purpose of this thread was to warn people of the rcmp so they could save themselves a little money. I didn't start it to complain haha

colinxx235
10-29-2009, 02:11 PM

someone should ban you from the internet, your stupidity is a serious risk to public safety... :facepalm:

Sorath
10-29-2009, 02:29 PM
its not really a risk to public safety, if anything is a risk to the operator and its passenger's safety

Redlyne_mr2
10-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Sarcasm? Police cars in Ontario and BC and most of the US are fully murdered out. Front tint for same reason is frowned upon here in Alberta.

Kavy
10-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Has anyone every seen how a side window breaks?

Its breaks into little tiny squares of glass, this glass it near harmless in an accident.

Conversely, when a tinted side window breaks it breaks into sharp shards held together by the film which leads to said shards piercing you chest/neck and that of your passengers.

I agree they shouldn't be seized but I also think people should really look into dip tints and spray tints versus film on the fronts. I mean then $100 more it costs is worth the life of my wife/child that's for sure.

topher91
10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
WTF is CIM?!

:banghead: :( Yes I'm an idiot....

But I've got limo tint all around, but that's how I bought the car (not the one in my sig)... :dunno:

colinxx235
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
^^

He stated first line that CIM = cross iron mills (new mall...) haha

:poosie:

topher91
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
:thumbsup:

Fawk, I cant reed good

luxor
10-29-2009, 05:49 PM

Thanks. Hell, I couldve gotten a ticket for two of my windows rather than one. I'm lucky.

Edit: The purpose of this thread was to warn people of the rcmp so they could save themselves a little money. I didn't start it to complain haha

Originally posted by Kavy

Its breaks into little tiny squares of glass, this glass it near harmless in an accident.

Conversely, when a tinted side window breaks it breaks into sharp shards held together by the film which leads to said shards piercing you chest/neck and that of your passengers.

I agree they shouldn't be seized but I also think people should really look into dip tints and spray tints versus film on the fronts. I mean then $100 more it costs is worth the life of my wife/child that's for sure.

wes_v
10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Kavy

:facepalm: x2

crapstixs
10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
i would not be suprized if the cop gave him a ticket for rear tint. some cops are flat out retarted. when i got my last exhaust ticket the cop hands me the ticket and gives me this long winded lecture about how underglow and funny light bulbs and glowing washer nozzels are also ilegal, when he was through i asked him if had glowing washer nozzels or funny colored lights. he stoped gave me a really bad look then said have a nice evening and got into his car. it was funny.

FraserB
10-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by crapstixs
i would not be suprized if the cop gave him a ticket for rear tint. some cops are flat out retarted. when i got my last exhaust ticket the cop hands me the ticket and gives me this long winded lecture about how underglow and funny light bulbs and glowing washer nozzels are also ilegal, when he was through i asked him if had glowing washer nozzels or funny colored lights. he stoped gave me a really bad look then said have a nice evening and got into his car. it was funny.

He probably figured that you had those mods sitting at home and the fart can was the only one you had installed at the time.