PDA

View Full Version : 2 month old truck and am getting screwed on warranty work

Cos
10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
So when I bought my truck the passenger side mirror indicator didnt work, no big deal.

Had a bunch of snow and the heated mirrors didnt work either, even though the buttons worked.

I took it to the dealer and they told me that the actual mirrors are the problem. So they ordered me a new set under warranty to fix it. I drove it for a week then took it back for my warranty work. Get a call the next day and it turns out I am supposed to have tow mirrors, I go oh okay yeah that would be great seeing as I wanted them anyway.

He said that I must have switched them and they cant get them paid for under warranty. I am SOL.

I am waiting for their decision as I told them I bought it off their lot with the broken mirrors on it and I have a photo of it prior to me buying it.

Not sure really what I am looking for here; just want to vent I guess

Masked Bandit
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
So I'm guessing this is on the Ford? Is the warranty the Ford warranty or some aftermarket thing the dealership threw in? I've heard the aftermarket warrarnties are a real pain in the ass to get much of anything put through on.

Manufacturer warranty shouldn't be a problem though. I've never had issue with GM, Nissan or Honda putting stuff through.

Cos
10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
^^ I have 2 years of factory bumper to bumper left, and I bought a ford ESP for $2000 to extend it to 6 years 160,000 km.

Masked Bandit
10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Well if this is all factory warranty how the phuck are they giving you any problems? Which dealership is it?

Cos
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Well if this is all factory warranty how the phuck are they giving you any problems? Which dealership is it?

the one I bought it from, and I have a photo of the truck on the lot with the mirrors on it

Cos
10-29-2009, 02:24 PM
So update they have offered to split the cost with me, which I take as an admission of guilt.

I have a case open with Ford Canada and I think the used car manager shot himself in the foot when he was talking to the salesman.

The used car manager said that the truck was inspected when it came on to the lot and the mirrors were working, the inspection was completed April 15 2009 and I purchased the truck August 25 2009, I noticed the faulty mirrors on August 26 2009.

Therefore one of two scenerio's are plausable:

1.) The inspection done on the truck was not adequate and the mirrors were broken when the dealership bought it, meaning it should not have passed a certified vehicle inspection.

2.) The mirrors were working when it came on to the lot and the mirrors were damaged between April 15 and August 25.

I will also be getting a refund on my extended warranty.

Kloubek
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Fight the power man.

scat19
10-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Brand new truck from a Ford Dealership.

That is 100% their cost and you shouldn't pay a DIME.

Unless there is obvious damage from you backing your truck out of a garage and hitting the wall or something.

AtkinsApproved
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM
What Ford dealership did you buy it from?

I also assume that 2 years of bumper to bumper warranty left means its not brand new. The sales department that sold you the truck should be paying the full bill for this...
If the mirrors arent factory and Ford requests the parts to be sent back and they get the incorrect parts back the warranty claim will be denied.

nrt_vw
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah it does sound pretty fucky. what dealer was it?

Cos
10-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Update, they are fixing it tomorrow AM for free.

Danny Meehan
10-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Good job op

ekguy
10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Good to hear. That would of been pretty lame ass.

Masked Bandit
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
So did they admit they fucked up or are they saying they're going to fix it "out of good will"?

DonJuan
11-09-2009, 01:32 PM
yeah how bout some details? as to how they said no, and then 50/50 to yes. Good job OP