PDA

View Full Version : Are your Parents into Cars?

Ekliptix
11-17-2003, 07:28 PM
My parents used to race jeeps through coursed when they were a lot younger. They have a few trophies.

My Dad is definatly into cars. He's been in one of the Road Course days at Race City, and drag races there frequently too. I'm trying to catch up to him.

My Mom loves driving her Stealth, but she's more into how cool she looks in it, rather then how fast it is (although she isn't easy on it). I'm trying to convince my Dad to free up the exhaust on it.

Every new vehicle he gets recieves mods soon after. Just bolt ons, but it's still fun.

The best part of having your folks into it, is they share your enthusiasm and don't yell at you for doing burnouts, etc. :D

Oh, and they don't pay for my mods, if that's what you're thinking.:angel:

Spenser
11-17-2003, 07:31 PM
my dad races his mini van, does that count?

4wheeldrift
11-17-2003, 07:32 PM
My dad does solo 2 along with me, we even split the cost of buying and modding the 'stang. My mom and dad both used to race when they were living in edmonton before they had me, and they come out to the track and watch if my Dad isn't competing as well.

And your dad is cool Ekliptix, I had a chance to ride with him and instruct him in the stealth at one of the lapping days last year. His lines were all over the place (to be expected when it's your first time on the track) but he was givin' it hell anyways ;)

Ekliptix
11-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
And your dad is cool Ekliptix, I had a chance to ride with him and instruct him in the stealth at one of the lapping days last year. His lines were all over the place (to be expected when it's your first time on the track) but he was givin' it hell anyways ;)

:cool:

Yea, I guess he's been to 2 track days then.
He had a ton of fun the Porsche the other time there.

That's really cool about your Dad being with you on the Mustang track car.

illeagle
11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
My dad's into DSM's but doesen't like spending time under the hood, unless he has to. But most of the time I'm it

silverEL
11-17-2003, 07:39 PM
both my parents own modded cars
:D :D :D

/////AMG
11-17-2003, 07:42 PM
My dad is into cars---somewhat, he used to be but its not a big of a deal to him anymore, he says he is going to buy a lambo in 3 years:rolleyes: still waiting for that lol.

4wheeldrift
11-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

That's really cool about your Dad being with you on the Mustang track car. It was my dad that gave me the idea about racing in the first place. He remembered that Calgary had a club doing solo 2 and that from when he lived in edmonton. I was just getting into the idea of racing, and he suggested I find out if the calgary club still existed. It turns out it did (the CSCC) and I joined in 2001. He came with me when I drove to Winnepeg that year for the Canadian National Autoslalom Championship and was well and truly hooked again when we got home. The next year he was co-driving my subie doing solo 2 as well.

Team_Mclaren
11-17-2003, 08:03 PM
My dad is into anything mechanical, like to fix cars and stuff. Done a few swaps in our own garage

T5_X
11-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Fuck I wish!
Everything I know about cars has been by me teaching myself... The most my parents can say is "get that thing out of our garage" :banghead:

962 kid
11-17-2003, 08:22 PM
my dad is into cars, but my mom isn't really interested; she just kinda gets pulled along for the ride :D

hjr
11-17-2003, 08:47 PM
mom & sister - Horses
Brother - Hockey and being a douch (hehehe)
dad- definitely into cars. 38 chev coupe, 55 chevy belair, 62 vette, 64 vette, 64 impala ss, and a wierd one, 87 911 turbo...

He loves working on the cars and restoring them. Very mechanical. Used to be a mechanic (in early 70's). Not interested in driving/racing (thats my department). Taught me most everything i know...

jdmakkord
11-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Dad drives a 99 civic sir in summer and a jeep grand cherokee in winter.....I drive the slow ass 4 door accord???:dunno:

Melinda
11-17-2003, 10:16 PM
A little bit. My dad knows alot ABOUT cars, but just the mechanics and fixing parts of it, he's not really an enthusiast. My mom likes them, but again, not hugely into them. They come out to the shows I ask them to come to (the shows I work on and what not) but they probably wouldn't be into it at all if me and my brother weren't.

Ben
11-17-2003, 10:28 PM
I'm just going to say Yes. Those who know me know why.

GTS Jeff
11-17-2003, 10:32 PM
dad used to be into cars a lot....rx-3, a bunch of supras, ae86 (yea!!!), e30 m3, a couple alfas, and now 350z.

lam-boy
11-17-2003, 10:34 PM
my dad likes cars with turbos and shit haha.
my dad is also into looking nice (rims, clean kits) and he enjoys a nice sound system.

my mom on the other hand..
"why you spend money on this garbage"

missblondie
11-17-2003, 10:39 PM
my dad drives a baby grand stock car in his spare time (little cars, but crazy fast!!!)... and an 2003 ZO6 in the summer.

i have pretty much been around them all my life:)

GTS Jeff
11-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by acuraxx
my dad drives a baby grand stock car in his spare time (little cars, but crazy fast!!!)... and an 2003 ZO6 in the summer.

i have pretty much been around them all my life:) sweet :bigpimp: if i ever have a daughter im gona make sure she is into cars

missblondie
11-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
sweet :bigpimp: if i ever have a daughter im gona make sure she is into cars

haha.. well, it is seriously the best of both worlds... my dad never had a son, so i ended up being his tom boy... ( i have been a part of his pit crew for 3 years now)
and i can shop just as good or better than the next girl!

definelty make sure your daughters are into cars, and can fend for themselves... who wants their girl to be one of the ditsy girls at the car shows or in the shop;)

4wheeldrift
11-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
sweet :bigpimp: if i ever have a daughter im gona make sure she is into cars Start 'em on go karts young enough, your kid could be the next Kimi Raikkonen or Micheal Schumacher ;)

max_boost
11-17-2003, 11:48 PM
My parents are all about practicality. They hate modded cars, the crap I heard from them over my last few cars, dam haha they only like stock cars.......

Hakkola
11-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Dad used to be into cars, used to own a challenger, but some bad things have happened so he isn't insured on any nice cars anymore.

But we're getting another car, so next summer when he comes home I'm gonna make him get insured no matter how much it costs and we're gonna hit up the track.

Moonracer
11-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Parents????? What the hell are they? :D

Dave P
11-18-2003, 12:47 AM
My dad is into a lot of the old school cars. 510's, 2002tii's, old vw's

More of on the restoring side of things, but he keeps up with the knowledge on new cars.

My mom likes what ever we tell her to like

AutodreamMarvin
11-18-2003, 01:23 AM
yeah, my dad still has webers from before i was even born.
he's the one who taught me how to race. i have him to thank for embarrasing myself by going in reverse at secret street.

littledan
11-18-2003, 11:53 AM
my parents are pretty clueless when it comes to cars.. but my sis takes the cake... she is in her last year of med school at the uofa... so i assume she's pretty smart. she asked me last month to show her how to put air in her tires!!! ahahahah

Loose
11-18-2003, 12:11 PM
One day I was with my dad and we saw a guy with Konig knock-off's of of Volk TE-37's. My dad said, "Oooh... are those Volks?:burnout:

Or there was the time I went over to my dad's house with a friend. Dad said, "Hey guys, did you check out Super Tuner TV today?":eek:

LOL

Then there's my mom. She calls my RX-7 a shitbox, because it rides too stiff

Toms-Celica
11-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Kinda weird, I thought parent influence would play more of a roll.

finboy
11-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by T5_X
Fuck I wish!
Everything I know about cars has been by me teaching myself... The most my parents can say is "get that thing out of our garage" :banghead:

:werd:

mutsuraboshi
11-18-2003, 03:57 PM
my dad loves cars, he had a gold pontiac GTO when he was 23.
he almost killed himself in his brother's ford capri racing this plymouth barracuda.
he tells me crazy stories, but i wonder if he is bullshitting lol:rolleyes:

Spawn
11-18-2003, 04:15 PM
My dad restores cars in the winter for people, and various other mechanical work, so thats where I go if I ever need anything. But I think I tured him, he said he is never buying a domestic again.

This is one of his Toys.

PGTze
11-18-2003, 04:35 PM
My parents like the idea of driving a car, but they don't understand why anyone would feel the need to moddify a car :rolleyes:.

littledan
11-18-2003, 04:46 PM
that is a lot of beer!!

RiCE-DaDDy
11-18-2003, 05:17 PM
my dad had a modded '72 ( i tihnk) Charger back in tha day!!

and hes chinese too!

MrHeavyFoot
11-18-2003, 08:13 PM
My dad bought one of those Thrush muffler roadrunner stickers and put it on the bug deflector of his F150. Does that count?

Gravy_83
11-19-2003, 12:22 PM
well my parent's arent into cars but my dad will checl out every mod I make just too see how the car is going along

C4S
11-19-2003, 12:24 PM
:rofl: my mom will just drive whatever my dad buys ! :burnout:

Spawn
11-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by littledan
that is a lot of beer!!

Wondered if anyone would notice that ;)

But thats the tip of the Ice Berg, they were stacked from the floor up that high.

SinisterProbeGt
11-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Spawn

Wondered if anyone would notice that ;)

But thats the tip of the Ice Berg, they were stacked from the floor up that high.

:bullshit: i call bs on that your gonna have to post some more pics. and if its real when are you throwing your next party cause damm you can drink my friend you can drink

anyways back on topic. My parents will take a look to see what is going on with my car but thats about it. my uncle on the other hand is restoring a 39 ford coupe (bought out of farmers field) and a 91 testerossa (gaurd rail-1 testerossa-0)