PDA

View Full Version : Queen's ICBC Business Competition

cycosis
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone here on Beyond took part in the competition this year. Last year I tackled MIS but didn't qualify and I had the opportunity to do Marketing this year.

What does your school offer you if you do compete? I've heard rumors that U of C students get excused from class and get course credit.

U of L gets nothing. If you do get credit, do you think its justified? I probably put 50-60 hours into the case this year with my partner. Seems as though thats alot of effort for no academic gain whatsoever.

Ebon
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure UofC students get nothing too. Havn't done it myself but no one has mentioned any perks.

How did you get involved in your schools ICBC team anyways? It looks interesting and I might want to give it a shot next year.

cycosis
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
I dont know how it works in other schools but at U of L i took the integrated management experience (IME), a full year program, for would-be over achievers, and one of the management faculty directors jsut picked me.

Gainsbarre
10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
You do get course credit if you're doing an ICBC case at the U of C. That was the case when I was there a few years ago.

Sailz
10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
No credit for ICBC at UBC...I wish

2002civic
10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I did IME in Lethbridge a few years ago but never bothered with ICBC, just did the local KPMG competition and came third one year, I heard U of C has a class dedicated just to preparing for the case competition...

cycosis
10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Did the KPMG one last year and and came 3rd too :D ,, why does U of C get all the love...