PDA

View Full Version : salvage inpsection experience?

thetransporter
10-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Everyone,
I know theres lots of posts about inspections and all

but how what about your experience doing a salvage inspection so the vehicle is approved to be registered by Alberta Motor Vehicle Department.

I called a few establishments in my area using this tool http://www2.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/vis/production/vishome.asp

only to find different answers..

Currently i have a vehicle , been full resotred, new windshield. what should be I looking to pay. and do I only pay if the certification is granted?

Thanks everyone!!

crapstixs
10-29-2009, 10:12 PM
if its pass or fail you will always pay. salavage is alot like a opi. but more indepth. its a very hard inspection to pass.

PremiumRSX
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Salvage inspection is also alot more expensive than OOP.

You're looking at 400+ easily. Most places I think are around $450-$550 mark.

Xamim
10-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by crapstixs
if its pass or fail you will always pay. salavage is alot like a opi. but more indepth. its a very hard inspection to pass.

:werd:

Doesn't matter if you pass or not, you still pay. Also, if everything was repaired right, then you shouldn't have to worry about not passing.

thetransporter
10-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Xamim

:werd:

Doesn't matter if you pass or not, you still pay. Also, if everything was repaired right, then you shouldn't have to worry about not passing.

oh ok. so i guess should make my aligment 100 percent..

thanks everyone

thetransporter
10-30-2009, 01:25 PM
what do they look for specifically? i cant find much information

i have new windshield, tires, all lights work. alignment is about half inch off. new brakes. airbags are ok.

so if they fail the inspection, i pay $500?

anothers10
10-30-2009, 02:11 PM
What part of your alignment is off by half inch ? yes you pay even if it fails.

71/454
10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
You will need a copy of the printout from your recent wheel alignment or the shop may do one for you. This means it does need to be aligned and in spec. All damage needs to be repaired and panels all need to be square, some shops may give you a hard time if it is not painted but paint is not required. Brakes tires mechanical etc need to be in good shape and working order. Also all lights need to work, yes they will fail it if you have a burnt out reverse light. It is pretty intense. 2 techs will look at it one qualified as a journeyman automotive and one as an autobody structural tech,possibly not the right name but you get the idea. Check it once and then again before you take it in no one likes paying for a re-inspect

thetransporter
10-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by anothers10
What part of your alignment is off by half inch ? yes you pay even if it fails.

correction. low tire pressure. alignment is fine

this car had light door damage, it was an older car but more of expensive brand. so the owner got money for it instead. pretty much the car is mint.

but thanks everyone for the information!!

asifka
10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
most places include alligment in salvage inspection.

thetransporter
11-03-2009, 12:43 PM
it turns out whatever I read on beyond was all false.

asifka, is correct, alignment was included.
it was no where nears 500.

and if it wasnt going to pass I would not have to pay for another insepection

i guess typical beyond information fear!!