PDA

View Full Version : Sub Install, near downtown?

Hakkola
10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Asking for a friend, I did a search but I'll I found was not to go to futureshop, and that Visions is good, but might be a little far.
Not for my car, friend's Ford Escape, looking for a place with a good price that won't fuck it up.

Tarrantula
10-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Bestbuy - Sunridge is the best. Honestly, I used to work at that one and we had the best installers by FAR.

Ask for Quan, he is the head installer.

beyond_ban
10-30-2009, 10:46 AM
AUDIO CONCEPTS.
Best in town, IMO. Not very close to downtown, but easy to get too.

1-1920 32 Ave NE

http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&cbll=51.081553,-114.012281&cbp=12,,,1,&ved=0CBAQ2wU&sa=X&ei=JBfrSpWEPYzYNsL1ybgJ

Tarrantula
10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
^ Be prepared for them to charge you up the ass though, they are very expensive for a shop.

What kind of sub install? A simple one? or an actual fiberglass box?

ruffryder
10-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Visions in Westhills.. pretty sure thats as close to downtown that you will find.. :thumbsup:

feel free to pm me with what your friend needs i work there in Car audio.

Eride
10-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Mobile Solutions of Calgary, unreal shop. Used to have all my work done at Audio Concepts until I met these guys. Absolutely top quality work, amazing customer service and a fair price.

http://www.mobilesolutionscalgary.com/

Crappy web page amazing shop, totally worth checking them out.

Hakkola
10-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
^ Be prepared for them to charge you up the ass though, they are very expensive for a shop.

What kind of sub install? A simple one? or an actual fiberglass box?

Pretty sure it isn't a box.

Tarrantula
11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Pretty sure it isn't a box.

You need to clarify what he actually needs.

Does he need a sub install, or a sub and box install? Does he need and amp install as wel?

Pretty no brainer if its just a sub. 2 wires (3 if its a dual voice coil) . Seriously, you could even hook it up.

chkolny541
11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

You need to clarify what he actually needs.

Does he need a sub install, or a sub and box install? Does he need and amp install as wel?

Pretty no brainer if its just a sub. 2 wires (3 if its a dual voice coil) . Seriously, you could even hook it up.

my initial thoughts also, a "sub install" is literally 2 wires

and audio concepts is just unreal for charges, given they do good work (so ive heard) buti remember getting quoted double (compared to visions) for a alarm install from them a while back

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Ahh, ok, I'll look into it, thanks.

Tarrantula
11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
No Problem :thumbsup:

SNAATCH
11-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Power cable from battery to amp, remote wire from deck to amp, RCA's from deck to amp, Speaker wire from amp to Sub, ground from amp to ground mounting point.
Little more complex than most of you are thinking. Not to mention have to take apart the center consol to remove the deck and hook up the cables. Also having to find a hole for the power wire to reach the battery.

I can do the install for him if he's looking to save some cash.