PDA

View Full Version : What Company is best to get Furnace Cleaned/Serviced

boxer23
10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
I want to get my furnace and ducts cleaned out as they haven't been done for years. I was wondering whats the best company to get it done.
I called Kilroy and they wanted $550 for their top package. The rest of the cleaning companies charge under $200? Is there really a difference, or is Kilroy just on crack

nismodrifter
10-30-2009, 07:22 PM
We've used Calgary Steamdry in the past, great service and they had the best price.

hexd3mon
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
+1
I need to get my furnace and ducts cleaned as well.
Any other recommendations?

Gorilla
08-26-2011, 08:53 AM
bump? Any other recommendations?

Gary@UrbanX
08-26-2011, 09:32 AM
I got these guys to do both the carpets and furnace at my rental (1500sq foot townhome) last year and If I remember correctly I paid around $500 total for both services.Which also included extra vents, disinfecting vents, carpet cleaning extra rooms, extra set of stairs etc. They always have specials, and was definitley one of the cheapest prices in town.

http://www.albertahomeservices.com/furnace_clean.html

eblend
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
I have a flyer at home from some company that does duct cleaning, $120 for the power spay thing and $150 for the power spray plus the power wand thing. I can post up the info if you want once i get home, they seem like a good company and reasonably priced

shanxk8
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
We have used TD Furnace Cleaning several times. Not a big company, but we have been very happy with the service and price (I believe it was around $120 (base price including ? number of vents)

403-272-6556

Will likely be calling them again soon to clean out ducts after completing our renos (lots of drywall dust)

clem24
08-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Just to stir the pot a bit..

In the 1990s, duct cleaning research conducted by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)1,2 and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)3 tested house and duct performance before and after cleaning. Researchers observed little or no discernible differences in the concentrations of house airborne particles or in duct airflows due to duct cleaning. This is because ducts are just metal passages.They cannot create dust. Most household dust comes from outdoor dust that has been tracked in or blows through windows or other openings. ''Dust'' is also created by human skin and hair shedding, pet debris, fibres from carpets, clothes, bedding, hobbies etc. In fact, as you walk around in your house you raise a small cloud of dust particles wherever you go. Dust will be present in one form or another whether you have clean ducts or not.

http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/gemare/gemare_011.cfm

And what the EPA has to say:

http://epa.gov/iaq/pubs/airduct.html

Ven
08-31-2011, 07:34 PM
I think there's merit, and I'll be getting it done for the first time this year on a 7 year old home. I only have issues like sneezing when we use the furnace in the winter, especially the first few weeks. Regardless of the dusts origin it never causes an issue until the furnace is turned on. That leads me to believe there's a significant amount of dust that's getting built up over time in the venting, enough to cause me a physical reaction. I don't buy into the claim that dust will degrade furnace performance or efficiency. I'll post my results.

black_2.5RS
08-31-2011, 07:36 PM
We use "Air Maid" and had good experiences.