PDA

View Full Version : Jacqueline Suzanne's Bistro - 10% off your food cost!

A790
11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Mods: Kenny gave me permission to put this up.

Jacqueline Suzann'es Bistro offers 10% off food cost during the month of November!

Jacqueline Suzanne's Bistro
1219 9 AVE S.E. - T2G 0S9
www.jacquelinesuzannes.ca

In time for the upcoming holiday season, any beyonders who reserve online through our website will get 10% off of their food costs (we are unable to discount beverages). Whether you come in for our surprisingly addictive Butternut Squash Ravioli ($18), or our decadent Filet Tenderloin Neptune ($35), you'll find something here to tempt your taste buds.

Reserving online is easy: click the button on our website and follow the instructions. To qualify for the 10% discount simply put the code "BEYOND09" in the "special requests for the matre'd" before you finalize your reservation.

For a review (that was not written by me ;)), check out this thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/244684/review-jacqueline-suzannes-bistro-/

We offer Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner 7 days a week, starting at 10 am.

EDIT: A maximum party size of 8 is applicable for the discount.

nonlinear
11-01-2009, 03:05 PM
still meaning to get down to this place. A790, what the dress code is like? i.e. would i be OK in jeans?

A790
11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
still meaning to get down to this place. A790, what the dress code is like? i.e. would i be OK in jeans?
Dress code is casual. Jeans/T-shirt totally fine. No cutoffs/sleeveless however...

malcolmk14
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Wonderful food. Check it out if you haven't yet. I went on a date in the summer and the food and service was impeccable.

Thanks A790.

cam_wmh
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
cam. this is cam.:angel: :D

I will vouch to the end of the world. My girlfriend adored the place.. classy yet relaxed ambiance, delicious food, and excellent staff.
2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A790
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by malcolmk14
Wonderful food. Check it out if you haven't yet. I went on a date in the summer and the food and service was impeccable.

Thanks A790.

Originally posted by cam_wmh
cam. this is cam.:angel: :D

I will vouch to the end of the world. My girlfriend adored the place.. classy yet relaxed ambiance, delicious food, and excellent staff.
2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words :) Now come back on in and get your 10% off :D ;)

BeeGirl
11-05-2009, 10:32 PM
This restaurant is one of the reasons I miss living in Inglewood so much! Great place, thanks for the discount!

Boomph
11-06-2009, 12:52 AM
After reading the review, I have booked a table for this weekend. Does anybody who had tried the Bistro have any recommendations for what to order?

thanks in advance!

BlueGoblin
11-06-2009, 10:07 AM
If you go for weekend brunch, the steak and eggs is easily the best example it's kind that I've ever had; They cut a good thick steak from their weekend prime rib roast and grill it to order and serve it up with poached eggs and potatoes; fantastic meal, and fantastic value at around about $16...

For an evening meal, the homemade pastas are excellent as well. I usually skip over those on a menu, but here they are worth checking out.

Big thumbs up for this place.

A790
11-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I just wanted to update and say that to those who PM'd be regarding this weekend that I won't be in. Unfortunately, I've decided to play the safe route and stay home for the last few days as I've been feeling quite ill.

I was looking forward to meeting a couple of you guys. I sincerely hope you enjoy your meals!

w_man
11-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Well .. seeing this thread and positive responses .. I got a reservation for tomorrow afternoon.

Will post my experience.

danny.ta
11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Went for a Sunday reservation for my girlfriend's birthday and our 6 month.

To be honest we were concerned when we walked in as the restaurant looked old but then turned very comfortable. Might I add the music was great! every song we recognized.. it was very old, classic, or modern intimate tunes.... perfect for our occasion.

We ordered the Mussels Diablo, Seafood Linguini, and the hyped Butternut Squash Ravioli.

The Creole sauce of the Mussels was outstanding... You could taste the sun in the tomato's. The sauce followed the Seafood Linguine and it was definitely a treat. My girlfriend was concerned from the start that the ravioli was going to be too rich for her for the night (not to be concerned since she knew all ravioli's of this stature are like this) so the contract of my dish paired with hers made her palate clean for the next bite of ravioli. The ravioli had a touch of curry which was delicious and the Squash filling was very clear to taste. The pasta's were cooked perfectly and was crisp to the bite... al dente.

We could not touch the dessert as we were perfectly full. We will definitely be going back as this restaurant hits the marks of great service, food, and price.

Side note, we bumped into a lady that has been going there religiously as well as the first day it opened. She praised the menu (she had prime rib that night and spoke highly of it) and reminded us that if an item on the menu could not be served with confidence, they would not serve it. As well she explained that, for the price, there is no better restaurant from the lengths of Calgary to Banff.

A790
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the great reviews.

It just came to my attention that someone from beyond.ca visited the bistro this weekend and didn't get their 10% food discount.

I believe his name was Mohammed, though I could be wrong. If this was you, please PM me immediately and we'll hook you up with a gift card! I have talked with the staff to ensure that it won't happen again. Sorry!

twodoor
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
We had a group dinner on Friday night, with one large table of 17 up in the loft. I posted more details in the review section since I suspect this thread will migrate off after November. In summary, the service and food were both excellent!!! Whether your party is small or large, definitely give Jacqueline Suzanne's a try!

A790
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by twodoor
We had a group dinner on Friday night, with one large table of 17 up in the loft. I posted more details in the review section since I suspect this thread will migrate off after November. In summary, the service and food were both excellent!!! Whether your party is small or large, definitely give Jacqueline Suzanne's a try!
You're the man. Now come on in and get your discount!

w_man
11-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by A790
Thanks for the great reviews.

It just came to my attention that someone from beyond.ca visited the bistro this weekend and didn't get their 10% food discount.

I believe his name was Mohammed, though I could be wrong. If this was you, please PM me immediately and we'll hook you up with a gift card! I have talked with the staff to ensure that it won't happen again. Sorry!

you got PM :thumbsup:

Our experience was amazing!! Food and service was excellent ... great little restaurant with friendly/helpful staff.

Will deff. be visiting you guys again and maybe we'll run in to you this time.

A790
11-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Jacqueline Suzanne's is pleased to announce...
Thursday, November 19th, 2009
5pm-9pm
CHRISTMAS IN INGLEWOOD

The street will be alive with Carolers and Festivities.
The Inglewood shops will all be open late for your shopping enjoyment!

Come see us at...
1219 Ninth Avenue SE
403 266-1005

Enjoy a complimentary libation while listening to our guest pianist Carla. She will be tickling the ivories with Christmas classics. We will also be featuring the Mystical Magic of Michael. All Appetizers will be reduced by 25% from 4pm-7pm

Every Table is Eligible to win one of our many Door Prizes which include:
Brunch for Two (Saturday or Sunday),
Breakfast for Four (valid Monday to Friday),
as well as be entered into a Draw to win a wonderful Four Course Dinner for Two!

Check out our new website
www.jacquelinesuzannes.ca

95EG6P
11-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey cam this is the Asian guy up on the top floor and have say it is one of the best places I have come acrossed the service was great and the food is even better. I would recommend this the everyone.you will not be disappointed. Great place

Disoblige
11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Went there with my girl for brunch today and all I got to say is :thumbsup:

Gotta put this up because it looks as good as it tastes. Best steak and eggs I ever had, and the Salmon Eggs Benedict is fine as well.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6568/dsc05866m.jpg

Look at that steak :drool:

I'll be coming back again probably next week because there's so much things on the menu to try. Unfortunately I didn't get my 10% even though I reserved online but staff was very friendly and was willing to make it up to me on my next visit. Best brunch I've had in a LONG time.

A|pine
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
So I just checked out this place last night with a friend to see for myself and surprised that I had missed this place previously. Having met A790, he is a great guy and nothing but good words for him (I apologize for the age guess), but you do seem mature to be only ____ years old. Overall the experience was amazing and very accommodating! I left some constructive criticism pointers, but again I would definitely come back as the quality of food was there and that was what I was looking for.

As per the food, I ordered the Lambtini and scallops as starters. The lambtini was delicious - cooked well, enough fat on that lamb to give it that tastiness, not too gamey and a delicious chutney sauce to go with.

Scallops were cooked well, I may have waited too long to dig into them (was taking my sweet time with the Lamb). Again, great quality of food, the sauce was tasty as well but a little sweet for my liking. Just a personal thought, I'm sure there will be customers that feel it resonates perfectly.

Entrees - ordered the blue cheese escargot fillet and the butternut squash ravioli. The blue cheese has strong punch to it, the first bite it was great. Lots of blue cheese flavour, but the meal went on it lost its blue cheesiness and seemed a little more creamy then blue cheese. Again a minor detail, other than that the food for that particular entree was delicious. The fillet was done medium, cooked really well and was quite tender.

As per the butternut squash, the sauce was quite creamy and heavy. Delicious sauce, my only issue is that the curry does not come out as strong (not sure if it is supposed to remain subtle, if it is great!).

Dessert - Ordered the tiramisu and creme brule. The tiramisu was delicious, no issues at all. I could see how someone can grow up on them. Maybe add a lady finger to make it even more delicious.

Creme brule was probably one of the best creme brules I've had. The dish was composed of a liqueur creme brule and a chocolate creme brule. The liqueur went perfectly with the freshly baked peanut butter cookie (forgot what liqueur it was) as the tastes just rolled together nicely. The chocolate brule was heavy and full. Delicious! I'm not a huge chocolate super fan, but if you are - you would love that portion of the brule dish.

In summary, I felt this restaurant had a great menu and I would definitely come back based on the tastes and service. I mentioned I was from Beyond and the 10% discount was applied despite it being December 1st. The discount was supposed to only be applied through November, so thanks for doing that! Best of luck to the restaurant as I can foresee it being one of those neighbourhood gems in the future.

Chandler_Racing
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Went here tonight with the girlfriend based on recommendations I had seen on beyond.

The ambiance of the restaurant was quite nice, had a homely feel. The staff were prompt and service was quick, but the food was rather uneventful and forgettable.

I ordered the caesar salad, prime rib, and cheese cake. The girlfriend had the portabella mushroom salad, lobster ravioli, and apple pie.

A790
03-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
Went here tonight with the girlfriend based on recommendations I had seen on beyond.

The ambiance of the restaurant was quite nice, had a homely feel. The staff were prompt and service was quick, but the food was rather uneventful and forgettable.

I ordered the caesar salad, prime rib, and cheese cake. The girlfriend had the portabella mushroom salad, lobster ravioli, and apple pie.
Can't win 'em all. I'm sorry that it didn't meet your expectations. :(