PDA

View Full Version : Ml63 Amg

Tetsugen
11-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Does anyone have experience with them ? I have an auntie that is moving back to Hong Kong soon and at the price point she's giving me it's pretty tempting. Do they have a lot of problems ?

kwazy
11-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Only thing I can say about them is that if you want to use them in the winter time, it's going to be expensive find a good winter set on the 20's. Otherwise, I would get it.

Malicious
11-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will whoop its ass for 1/2 the money, other than that go for it.

HillBilly
11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Malicious
Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will whoop its ass for 1/2 the money, other than that go for it.

Mercedes are not about value for money..

TorqueDog
11-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will whoop its ass for 1/2 the money, other than that go for it. But the interior will make you pray for death by AIDS. It's really that bad. The seats are nice, but the rest of it is rubbish inside.

Malicious
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
But the interior will make you pray for death by AIDS. It's really that bad. The seats are nice, but the rest of it is rubbish inside.
No it isn't..dont paint all their cars with the same brush. The Jeep GC SRT8 interior is fine. The ML has just as much plastic..hell, its the SAME plastic.

Did you know the 2012 ML is actually GC based too?

benyl
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM

No it isn't..dont paint all their cars with the same brush. The Jeep GC SRT8 interior is fine. The ML has just as much plastic..hell, its the SAME plastic.

That is awesome. You are talking about a car that isn't even out yet.

Back on topic:

Enjoy your time at the gas station, you will be there a lot!

you&me
11-03-2009, 01:33 PM

The dash and door trim on the ML63 is leather.

Tetsugen - The ML is an awesome truck. Go for it! (or if you don't, let me know :D)

TorqueDog
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
No it isn't..dont paint all their cars with the same brush. The Jeep GC SRT8 interior is fine. The ML has just as much plastic..hell, its the SAME plastic.Hi. I worked for Chrysler. I drove and subsequently sold the first Grand Cherokee SRT8 to arrive at my dealership back in the day. The interior is the same substandard plastic garbage as the standard Grand Cherokee models.

Malicious
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Hi. I worked for Chrysler. I drove and subsequently sold the first Grand Cherokee SRT8 to arrive at my dealership back in the day. The interior is the same substandard plastic garbage as the standard Grand Cherokee models.

I was at a Dodge store looking at a Challenger R/T a few months ago (none in stock) and the guy tried to sell me a GC SRT8, I didn't think the interior was that bad. Not as bad as the other cars, thats for sure.

FraserB
11-03-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL at this thread. The GC was built most likely as a result of MB producing the ML55, only the Chrysler version was built off a platform that was not generally a "luxury" line. Of course the interior is going to be different and lower quality.

BTW, get the facts straight. 2011 is the major update year for the Jeep line, the new GC's are based on an ML chassis with Land Rover, minivan, Jeep Liberty and MB derived features.

Tetsugen
11-04-2009, 03:02 AM
So other than gas mileage issues do they break down often ?

gqmw
11-04-2009, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Tetsugen
So other than gas mileage issues do they break down often ?

Well just like hillbilly said, you're not buying a benz due to value for money.

No matter how good your price point is for purchasing your vehicle, you're still going to pay larger prices in fuel and maintenance costs. Some people have absolutely no issues with these things and some people have terrible luck. But either way expect it to be more costly to maintain/drive than say a car that you're getting value for your money.