PDA

View Full Version : bridgestone to pull out after 2010

Team_Mclaren
11-02-2009, 03:48 AM
This just in!!! After the current contract as the sole supplier, bridgestone will pull out of f1! I hope more than one supplier will join in for some a new tire war.

Penguin_Racecar
11-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Rumour has it that Nexen will be the 2011 tire supplier. In addition to not being allowed to fuel next year, 2011 teams will have to go an entire season on 500 treadwear all seasons.

buh_buh
11-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I liked one tire supplier better than 2. The last year there were 2 (I think it was '06) it was obvious who was going to win. If it was dry, a Bridgestone car was going to win. If it was wet, a Michelin car was going to win. And it was more difficult to compare pace of cars on different tires. One tire supplier = better racing imo.

HHURICANE1
11-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I wonder if Michelin is going to bid this time around. I think they where pretty pissed the FIA gave the contract to Bridgestone. Maybe they end up with Pirelli or Yokohama. Pirelli has done pretty well in World Superbike maybe time to jump to 4 wheels.

redline
11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
I wonder if Michelin is going to bid this time around. I think they where pretty pissed the FIA gave the contract to Bridgestone. Maybe they end up with Pirelli or Yokohama. Pirelli has done pretty well in World Superbike maybe time to jump to 4 wheels.

The FIA did not give the contract to Bridgestone.... Michelin did not bid cause they felt that building an F1 spec tire with no competetion was not in the best interests of the company and no benfit...

Chris Elyea
11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
It's not the cushy marketing gig it appears to be. Lots of risk, as Michelin found out. Goodyear has been roasted for getting it wrong in NASCAR a time or two as well. Funny that Bridgestone is staying in GP2 and MotoGP.

I'm not sure who'll step up, but there will be a learning curve, and we'll probably suffer for that.