PDA

View Full Version : Cop didn't ask for registration

HK2NR
11-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I got pulled over for speeding in a playground zone and the cop only asked for my driver's, would I still get demerits taken off if he didn't ask for my registration?
Thanks!

vengie
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
thats the first I heard of them not asking for registration...

But yes you still would, it goes on your license #, which is on your license.

Tik-Tok
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, when they ask for registration, they're just making sure the car is registered to you.

Strange he didn't ask for it though.

HK2NR
11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
damn thought so. thanks guys

signature7
11-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been asked for just my licence before, cop came back and just gave me a warning after learning I was on my way to fix my girlfriends flat. Joked about how girls know shit all about cars lol.

HK2NR
11-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah the guy was a douche..I think he was new..didn't even tell me how fast I was going or even ask me why I was speeding. I wish I got only a warning..

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
11-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR
Yeah the guy was a douche..I think he was new..didn't even tell me how fast I was going or even ask me why I was speeding. I wish I got only a warning..
The ticket says how fast you are going, and there is no excuse for speeding so why would he ask?

Disclaimer: I am not perfect, and do in fact speed... sometimes :burnout:

FiveFreshFish
11-03-2009, 01:16 AM
He probably didn't care why you were speeding.

Would you feel better if he asks why and then issue you the ticket anyway, after you give your reason for speeding?

scat19
11-03-2009, 09:22 AM
I stopped reading after playground zone.

Stupid idiot!

Mar
11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I've had cops just forget before, they're not perfect. In fact I had one cop ask me for it and I couldn't find it so he went back to look up my driver's license in his computer. Then he came back and told me to have a good day, I was still looking for my registration for him, he must have forgotten he asked for it.

beyond_ban
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by scat19
I stopped reading after playground zone.

Stupid idiot!

:facepalm: , gotta love the beyond "I'm perfect, your a terrible person" attitude.

codetrap
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

:facepalm: , gotta love the beyond "I'm perfect, your a terrible person" attitude.

I may not be perfect. and I do speed sometimes.. but I always make a very conscious effort to not speed through a playground zone. It's a side effect of having a daughter I suspect. I imagine how completely devastated I'd be if someone hit Cassie, and I don't want to do that to anyone else.

TorqueDog
11-03-2009, 10:41 AM
:facepalm: , gotta love the beyond "I'm perfect, your a terrible person" attitude. Side effect of seeing the world through a tinted windshield.

scat19
11-03-2009, 10:47 AM

One place you don't speed, a place full of little kids, and who knows if the parents taught them any smarts.

Awww common tdog, douchebags™ unite!

nadroj23
11-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I've been asked for my license and asked if the Cop would like my registration and he said no thats alright. :dunno:

TurboD
11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by scat19

One place you don't speed, a place full of little kids, and who knows if the parents taught them any smarts.

Awww common tdog, douchebags™ unite!

You're assuming there are kids present in this playground zone.
I've been pulled over in a "playground zone" where there is a chain link fence sealing off the playground and another chain fence sealing off the middle of the road on the median, and yet another chain fence on the other side of the street before the sidewalk.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=calgary&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=40.907291,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Calgary,+Division+No.+6,+Alberta&ll=50.906118,-113.988733&spn=0.038861,0.111494&z=14&layer=c&cbll=50.906232,-113.988649&panoid=sbCuY-17pizAfjI5-bL9jA&cbp=12,32.63,,0,13.7

if your kid manages to run out in traffic and gets hit by a car on this street its first of all your fault for not watching your kids and secondly how stupid can you be.

how many kids do you see on that playground?

TorqueDog
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I think we have an excessive number of playground zones. [shrug] You're making a rather dangerous assumption that children just disintigrate beyond the playground zone and therefore don't exist to get hit outside of it if the only time we need to be caution of children is in these 30 KM/H zones. I think if the side of the playground facing the street has a fence of some sort, get rid of the playground/school zone.

whiskas
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Playground zones are great for checking text messages and email.

Toma
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I have to agree... way too many completely unecessary "playground zones"....

The useless ones just serve to dilute the effectiveness of a playground zone sign at a legit playground.

There are any number throughout the city where you never see children.

Pahnda
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I think it's retarded how people get defensive when you're talking about speeding in a playground zone. I pretty much never speed in a playground zone simply because I don't want a ticket, not because I think it makes logical sense. How many times have I seen a kid come flying out from a playground (which is more often than not chain linked off)? Not once in my life. However I can drive 50 in residential areas where kids run around like crazy.

The above is probably also aggravated by the fact that Calgary simply has too many playground zones.

So it's taboo to speed a bit in a playground but speeding the same relative amount in another area is 'normal'... It's like when people are nice during the holidays. If you're going to be nice, just be nice, don't trick me during Christmas and end up being an annoying douche in January. :P

Toma
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah... and when it is a "production" or "volume" spped trap, they have many times not asked me for anything other than a license.... they do not care that day, the focus maybe on speeders only...

Wham, bam, next customer please.

Toma
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda
I think it's retarded how people get defensive when you're talking about speeding in a playground zone. I pretty much never speed in a playground zone simply because I don't want a ticket, not because I think it makes logical sense. How many times have I seen a kid come flying out from a playground (which is more often than not chain linked off)? Not once in my life. However I can drive 50 in residential areas where kids run around like crazy.

The above is probably also aggravated by the fact that Calgary simply has too many playground zones.

So it's taboo to speed a bit in a playground but speeding the same relative amount in another area is 'normal'... It's like when people are nice during the holidays. If you're going to be nice, just be nice, don't trick me during Christmas and end up being an annoying douche in January. :P
This... plus invariably, residential streets are narrower, have parked cars obstructing your view etc...

we better shut up though, or they will make any narrow street a 30 lol

TorqueDog
11-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Toma
we better shut up though, or they will make any narrow street a 30 lol Why stop there? Druh should suggest that we push our cars through these zones, like a cyclist dismounting at a crosswalk.

Just kidding. Cyclists NEVER fucking dismount as crosswalks. :nut:

Nitron88
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Playground zones are great for checking text messages and email.

Im more distracted by the slow speed area 30km/h more than anything else and randomly looking around to ease the boredom.

They should keep school zones at 50km/h and instead place a warning sign to pay extreme caution of the road ahead and another to show exiting extreme caution area.

Then again most Calgarian drivers = :thumbsdow

Too many examiners passing student drivers when they simply dont have the skillset to drive.. so take the bus.

Toma
11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Funny... I almost hit a fucking cyclist yesterday at one of those stupid "traffic control" fuck things...

You know, where they narrow a wide road, to very narrow at an intersection... the cyclist had been riding wide, then He swerved in to avoid it, and being newly built, it took me by surprise. My only choice was to swerve left into oncoming traffic...or hit the cyclist.

Who fucking brain fart idea were those things?

5hift
11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
He didn't ask for registration because he could care less, just needs enough info to write the ticket.

Fuck they should just cut out the middle man and come up to the car with those wireless debt/cc machines pizza guys have now. That's all they care about anyways.

Gabe182
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
He didn't ask for registration because he could care less, just needs enough info to write the ticket.

Fuck they should just cut out the middle man and come up to the car with those wireless debt/cc machines pizza guys have now. That's all they care about anyways.

That would be amazing! We wouldn't have to take a day off of school or work to go to court.

And yea, I've been pulled over on a test drive, and the guy only asked me for my license. Then again, I've had a cop match my registration to the body vin of my car, and then he tried to match the body vin number to the engine vin :facepalm: I guess he was just doing his job lol.

HK2NR
11-03-2009, 03:06 PM
lol wow this sure sparked a discussion. BTW he dinged at 10km/h over ... we're not talking bout blowing past a zone at 80k or tint on my windshield nothing like that :nut:

Trites
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
When the police officer runs your licence plate on his computer, he can see who the vehicle is registered to, when it expires, VIN, etc. If he looks at your licence as sees the name is the same he does not actually need the registration documents to complete anything.

prae
11-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Funny... I almost hit a fucking cyclist yesterday at one of those stupid "traffic control" fuck things...

You know, where they narrow a wide road, to very narrow at an intersection... the cyclist had been riding wide, then He swerved in to avoid it, and being newly built, it took me by surprise. My only choice was to swerve left into oncoming traffic...or hit the cyclist.

Who fucking brain fart idea were those things?

beyond's favorite alderman, Druh Farrel. At least in the west hillhurst area we have her to thank for those.

Dumbass17
11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
maybe it's one of those guys around calgary pretending to be a cop :devil:

scat19
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by HK2NR
lol wow this sure sparked a discussion. BTW he dinged at 10km/h over ... we're not talking bout blowing past a zone at 80k or tint on my windshield nothing like that :nut:

One of these is wrong

gam0s
11-03-2009, 07:54 PM
debit/cc mobile machines
+1

just got caught with a $110.. now i gotta go to court saying i was in a rush to take a shi..t... wooop =(
thank god i get unlimited paid "sick" days ...

dirtsniffer
11-04-2009, 02:02 AM
yea cash grab for sure, you probably were handed that ticket in only a few minutes, then onto the next sucker
speed trap FTL:bullshit:
and fuck playground zones, we all know those little fat lazy kids cant be bothered to turn off the xbox

HuMz
11-04-2009, 07:20 AM

No shit, either that or incredibly naive. Not like the guy was racing through the playgorund zone.

Theres a reason Calgary has more playground zones then any other Canadian city, and started removing the limits for 28 of them.......because alot are simply a cash grab. Theres cities in Canada that don't even have playground zones only school zones.

8Ball
11-04-2009, 11:41 AM
This is typical at a speed trap

they dont bother to ask for I&R

that would just take more time

and less time to write more tickets

:drama:

Wrinkly
11-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Gabe182

That would be amazing! We wouldn't have to take a day off of school or work to go to court.

It really does work. They have (at least had, I don't know if they still do) on the spot fines in Germany. Pay the cop and on yer way. Sensible IMO.

Sil80_D
11-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda
So it's taboo to speed a bit in a playground but speeding the same relative amount in another area is 'normal'

OP was obviously speeding more than "a bit" to get a ticket considering everyone speeds "a bit" in playground zones. >_>

Q-TIP
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
While I don't speed in playground zones ever (provided I see the sign) it is only to save myself a fine. Like most here I have never actually seen a kid in a playground zone on the street. School zones at the end of the day yes, playground zones never.

That being said the amount of effort and time it takes to slow down is so infinitesimally small in the grand scheme of my life I don't really care about it. What does piss me off are the assembly line speed traps set up all over the city. Aka, the asshat cop that is always parked on the westbound side of Crowchild Trail just past the new LRT station in Crowfoot. They hide behind the concrete barriers and nail you for speeding. Yet up to the LRT station the limit is 80, then for the 300 meters just before and after the station the limit drops to 60, 50, then 60 again until it rises up to 90 after the set of lights. Those areas are deliberately left at a reduced speed limit to create a fishing hole of sorts. To me this constant slowing then accelerating of traffic poses more of a threat than someone blowing through the whole area at 100. I don't condone speeding but I am tired of these speed traps.

Wrinkly
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Q-TIP
I don't condone speeding but I am tired of these speed traps.

:werd:

Zhariak
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by vengie
thats the first I heard of them not asking for registration...

But yes you still would, it goes on your license #, which is on your license.

Once I was speeding on the Mckenzie Town overpass and got pulled over by a cop doing laser...

Didn't ask for my registration... I was pretty surprised tooo.

cannondale1
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I got pulled over last year by the white Avalanche ghost truck. Older traffic cop only asked for my license, and IF I had insurance... didn't ask for pink card.

Maybe they are "cramped" for time and want to get the F out of there?