PDA

View Full Version : Help in landing that perfect IT job?

Vagabond142
11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Okay, I know that I had a previous thread about IT and such, but it degenerated into a big thread about theoreticals more than the cold hard facts.

Allow me to set the stage:

-I had to withdraw from SAIT in Feb 09 for medical reasons. I am returning in January 2010 to finish my IT Computer Systems diploma
-I currently have my A+ certification, cert # COMP001008170342
-I am looking for work specifically in the areas of technical service (help desk, bench tech, and/or deskside tech) or security (not my strongest suit yet, but huge interest in it)
-I will be graduating in April, 2010

So, the point of this thread is twofold:

1) to accurately gauge what I need to know and do to get a position as an inexperienced but very motivated newbie. I don't have the 2+ years experience that many employers say you must have.

2) To possibly start networking with people that are in industry so that I can enter with the best possible image of what I need to do and who I need to know. I am shameless in stating that i know a lot of IT is who you know, so I am wanting to start knowing :D

So... I know that a LOT of Beyond is in the IT sector, and I truly do value any input that can be given, and that already has been given before :)

I guess the real shot in the foot is the fact I don't have 2+ years industry experience, though :\

Vagabond142
11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh, and to clarify the slight pun of the title, the perfect IT job is one where i work in IT and get paid for it :D

Davetronz
11-04-2009, 10:54 PM
PM Sent.