PDA

View Full Version : who wants to start a political party?

Pages : [1] 2

banned3x
11-05-2009, 12:56 PM
all we do is bitch and complain over the internet. why dont we get off our lazy ass's and do something about it. what if we can make a change in canada? will you join? what you need is GOALS. like what would you like changed?
My goals are getting rid of CRTC, rolling the treatys really really tight and shoving it up the natives ass and force them to get jobs, make abortions illegal, drunk drivers never allowed to get in a car again, the right to bear arms is everymans rights, immigrants who break the law gets deported back home.

theres somethings you might not agree on and somethings i might agree on but if we work together we can get things done.
this will be the peoples party! so whos in?

2Valve0
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Wtf abortions illegal? you want a bunch of 16 year old mothers? thats idiotic, your one of the pro-life people at UofC arent you :poosie: retarded

agree with treaty

whats wrong with the CRTC, they dont hurt much

bearing arms? Now thats stupid how bout we have everyone killing eachother and have murder rates the level of the US...that's really S-M-R-T

And immagrants :dunno: our familys all once were, depends which laws they break I guess

Speedy
11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
I call Prime Minster! :D

TKRIS
11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
If I'm going to join a political party it will be one that preserves individual rights and leaves people the fuck alone. And this is not that party.

banned3x
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
ok the bearing arms was a test to see if your paying attention,
you passed.

only abortion i would agree on would be if they got raped(underaged) or if its a high risk for the mother.

speedy you can be in charge of getting us coffies.

Supa Dexta
11-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Who votes to 4th his ass.

cannondale1
11-05-2009, 01:19 PM
politicians never have to work a day in their lives. i'm in.

banned3x
11-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
If I'm going to join a political party it will be one that preserves individual rights and leaves people the fuck alone. And this is not that party.

what do you mean? this is the peoples party

tell me what would you like to see changed?

banned3x
11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Who votes to 4th his ass.

i vote you go jizz in your pants!

scat19
11-05-2009, 01:22 PM
:facepalm:

TKRIS
11-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by banned3x

what do you mean? this is the peoples party

tell me what would you like to see changed?

make abortions illegal,

Execept when you decide to shove your beliefs down other people's throats.

Thomas Gabriel
11-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I support:

Disband CRTC.
Roll back treaty rights.
Right to bear arms. I think the guns currently classified as restricted should be treated the same as non-restricted.
Deportation of criminal immigrants.

I don't support:

Drunk drivers banned from driving. Maybe if we raise the legal limit. DUI charge is already so severe that I don't see how it's an issue anyways.

Banning of abortions. Do you want Canada to be overrun with blacks and white trash or what?

There's already a party with this platform. Libertarian Party of Canada.

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Free post-secondary
Right to bear arms

Maybe conscription, though Canada doesn't really need a big military.

banned3x
11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
ok i see what your saying we cant MAKE people get abortions but it should not be free. you want to have sex fine, but you dont want a baby? fine, you pay for it.

banned3x
11-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Free post-secondary

yes i agree. if the natives can get free post-secondary why cant we? or not charge soo much.

syeve
11-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I want lap dances to be legal.

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, in Finland students even get 400 Euros a month if they're not working much, it's a great incentive for the population to become highly educated and makes for a highly competitive economy.

lilmira
11-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by syeve

We need to ban the ugly ones though.

Yes, I am mean.

3g4u
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I would push for concealed gun licenses to everybody who passes the test and are not a convicted criminal.

15 year waiting period to become Canadian citizen, in those 15 years if you commit any crime, or show disloyalty to Canadian law or culture, automatic deportation on their dollar.

Abortions paid by patient.

Minimum 5 years as canadian citizen to collect free health care or schooling.

Free school assuming you pass the 5 year minimum.

Manditory 2 years in the army once you turn 18.

Legal drinking age bumped up to 21.

no more welfare, if you dont work you get shipped off to the Yukon for manual labour.

Get rid of reservations and make them follow above rules if not MANUAL LABOUR! lol

Ohhh how i could only wish...

Oh and statues of myself on every corner.

alloroc
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
LOL!

I remember one year a group of UofC students started and registered an "APATHY" party in for the university elections as the majority of students dont' vote.

Thier platform was that every student who didn't vote was Apathetic and therefore non voting was a vote for Apathy.

Mar
11-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Lap dances are legal. If you're not satisfied, get your girl some lessons.

alloroc
11-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Speedy
I call Prime Minster! :D

I call Jamaican Ambassador! ... mon.

iceburns288
11-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
I don't support:
Banning of abortions. Do you want Canada to be overrun with blacks?
:facepalm:

Hilarious thread this will be.

Thomas Gabriel
11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
We already all have access to post secondary. Anyone can get a loan from the government. If you picked a realistic degree, and you graduate, you should have no problem paying the loan back. There's no need to make it "free" (paid for over 10 years of increased taxes).

KRyn
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Dear OP,

You obviously don't understand how the political system works in Canada. Almost all of what you wish to do would be impossible due to the constitution. Best of luck.

vengie
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM
- Harsher sentencing for criminals
- Stop letting minorities push US around and make US accommodate them, after all they came into OUR country.
- I would like to see a united Canada, with everyone abiding to our cultures and customs (that does not say behind closed doors they cannot follow their own, but while out in public they will respect and accept our beliefs and values)
- re-evaluate the native treaties.
- No more welfare, get a fucking job.

And I agree with 3g4u when it comes to waiting several years to become a Canadian citizen, and they must be contributing members of OUR economy.

there is more but this is a very brief outline.

banned3x
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by syeve

are they illegal? didnt know that.

Originally posted by 3g4u
I would push for concealed gun licenses to everybody who passes the test and are not a convicted criminal.

15 year waiting period to become Canadian citizen, in those 15 years if you commit any crime, or show disloyalty to Canadian law or culture, automatic deportation on their dollar.

no more welfare, if you dont work you get shipped off to the Yukon for manual labour.

Get rid of reservations and make them follow above rules if not MANUAL LABOUR! lol

everything you said i agree on execpt the statues lol.

like i love canada soooo much, i can sleep at night and not worry an armed robber will come in my house at night i never worry about that or random bullets flying threw my window. canada is almost perfect, we need some harsher laws to get people afraid of commiting crimes. if the death penalty was an option, it will be old school, like drop a huge rock on their head. and not spend 200k to kill someone.

you guys know that pirate party are they for real or just a laughing stock? will te goverment take them serious?

syeve
11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
On a serious note, if a political party ever came right out and said that they are no longer going to bend the rules, make exceptions, etc. for new Canadians (similar to NZ) and enforce a MUCH tuffer entry and deportation laws, not only would I vote for them, I would donate my time. Once someone has the balls to say this in a public forum, THEY will be flooded with support IMO.

I am truly afraid my kids and their kids will not enjoy the same freedoms and rights as I do.

cannondale1
11-05-2009, 02:00 PM
i would like to propose to convert all parks to nudist colonies. we can discriminate against the nudists.

Mar
11-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by cannondale1
i would like to propose to convert all parks to nudist colonies. we can discriminate against the nudists.
There is a nudist colony in Calgary if you want to join. They do regular nudist swims at one of the public pools, can't remember which one. It's in the south.

syeve

I had always thought they were, hence no touchy the strippers. I would open a spearmint rhino in about 35 seconds.

revelations
Yeah, in Finland students even get 400 Euros a month if they're not working much, it's a great incentive for the population to become highly educated and makes for a highly competitive economy.

Finland has a great social care system, but you pay an incredible amount of taxes to maintain this - not as bad as Sweden mind you (everything is worse there :poosie: )

alloroc
11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I want mandatory automatic banning of all posters on Canadian forums that make more than 5 punctuation and capitalization errors in one post.

Mitsu3000gt
11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Hmmm lets see. I would be willing to make significant sacrifices elsewhere for the following:

A semi-reliable, semi-clean, transit system.

Cut off the natives 100%

Extremely harsh criminal punishments (Death penalty, actual & consecutive life sentences, etc.)

Extremely harsh DUI punishments (i.e. never drive again)

No welfare

Regular, difficult, drivers tests after a certain age to maintain a licence

None of that would ever happen, but I think the VAST majority of the population (other than those freeloading off of it) would vote "yes" to the above.

brandon
11-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Keep religious faith out of politics and then you will have a start...

banned3x
11-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Dear OP,

You obviously don't understand how the political system works in Canada. Almost all of what you wish to do would be impossible due to the constitution. Best of luck.

i love the way you think. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! DIDNT YOU TAKE HISTORY IN HIGH SCHOOL? like its impossible to set sail across the ocean because you WILL fall off the face of the earth but some french dude said fuck it. and look where we are now:dunno: lachine, la chine, the china!!!

Originally posted by alloroc
I want mandatory automatic banning of all posters on Canadian forums that make more than 5 punctuation and capitalization errors in one post.

i would personally put you to moderate every single post and you will get paid to do so. have fun!

TurboD
11-05-2009, 02:22 PM
A new political party will take funding, and all you will be doing is putting money back into the system of government you disagree with in the first place.

Its like, the current government is a runaway car down a hill with no brakes, and all these political parties are jumping on board trying to slow it down or steer it away, but all they do is make it worse.

Yet people still seem to believe that they need to also jump on board and add their time and money to the speeding car and they don't seem to realize the pattern.

mowglee
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM

illegal in Alberta.

If abortions are illegal then condoms should be free. With free condoms you should have no excuse for getting your girlfriend/wife/fiance/significant other pregnant.

I call ambassador to Australia. Oh and I want to change my first name to Cougar and my last name to Hunter :poosie:

2Valve0
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM

Agree with most but Military? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard come out of someones mouth on so many levels :facepalm: don't even want to get in to it.

Why are people against abortion for real? It is saving young girls lives and letting them become educated instead of being looked down apon by society because they are pregnant when they are 16.

Drinking age? Are you saying you never drank until you were 21? What would be the difference if people want to drink they will no matter what the age.

Reservations gone FTW! No more welfare for any person in society no matter what the circumstances, EVERYONE pays taxes

15 years to become a citizen is a little long? But agreed if they break the law in any way deport them

Mitsu3000gt
11-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Keep religious faith out of politics and then you will have a start...

Ahh yes, forgot about that. I'd LOVE to see that happen, but it never will.

Originally posted by 2Valve0
Why are people against abortion for real? It is saving young girls lives and letting them become educated instead of being looked down apon by society because they are pregnant when they are 16.

I agree, and the biggest victim would be the child, who gets to grow up with irresponsible, financially instable 16yr old parents (most likely). I suppose the only arguement would be if that is better than no life at all :dunno: but I am still very much pro-abortion.

banned3x
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
A new political party will take funding, and all you will be doing is putting money back into the system of government you disagree with in the first place.

Its like, the current government is a runaway car down a hill with no brakes, and all these political parties are jumping on board trying to slow it down or steer it away, but all they do is make it worse.

Yet people still seem to believe that they need to also jump on board and add their time and money to the speeding car and they don't seem to realize the pattern.

so what can we do to change things? by voting and voting ect? how can we get heard? talk to our alderman? they are to busy kissing the mayors ass. fuck i wish i was like sameul jackson in negotiator where he takes hostagess just to be heard and it worked except the people who heard him were the currupt cops fuck:guns:

banned3x
11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I agree, and the biggest victim would be the child, who gets to grow up with irresponsible, financially instable 16yr old parents (most likely). I suppose the only arguement would be if that is better than no life at all :dunno: but I am still very much pro-abortion.

you guys want to do some homework? ok get off your butt and go upstairs and ask your mom how old she was when she had you?

i guarntee you she was eithier 16-20, ask how she was financially? i bet you she didnt have a job and was renting, and ill take a wild guess she was a single mom.

if you mom had you over 20 and was married and owned a home well you should be greatful to be fortunate and i can see why you are proabortion because you had a perfect little life.

my point is there is no way a baby will starve in canada, dosent mateter what the parent is. theres always someone there who will love them. but why is it for us to decided what happens to their life. you have yours and enjoy it because it dosent last long, let them enjoy theres because it the best thing in the world. we shouldnt be the judge who lives who dies. killing an innocent life is pretty much a criminal act. but this is a whole differrnt topic . you can start a new thread if you want.

FraserB
11-05-2009, 02:54 PM
I call whatever position enables me to embezzle the most.

TurboD
11-05-2009, 03:01 PM

so what can we do to change things? by voting and voting ect? how can we get heard? talk to our alderman? they are to busy kissing the mayors ass. fuck i wish i was like sameul jackson in negotiator where he takes hostagess just to be heard and it worked except the people who heard him were the currupt cops fuck:guns:

You can live your life in a way that doesn't rely on government aid or support as much as you can manage to.
By doing this you can show people how little the government is needed to live a long and happy life.

Trying to change the entire government is like saying you can lift a building with your pinky finger.
I would say to you that if you claim to have the power to lift a building with your pinky finger, first try and lift 200 lbs to show me that you know what you're doing.

and if you lift 200lbs, then lift 2000 lbs and show me that you are capable of lifting 2000lbs, because if you claim you can lift a building, 2000 lbs would seem like nothing.

Set an example, clean up your own life and your own relationships, and once your successful at this you can go on to try to change the world...

Voting is like a group of slaves and their slave master gives them a suggestion box with a lock on it.
and voting is just the slaves begging for a little more freedom. Its an illusion.

2Valve0
11-05-2009, 03:04 PM

you guys want to do some homework? ok get off your butt and go upstairs and ask your mom how old she was when she had you?

i guarntee you she was eithier 16-20, ask how she was financially? i bet you she didnt have a job and was renting, and ill take a wild guess she was a single mom.

if you mom had you over 20 and was married and owned a home well you should be greatful to be fortunate and i can see why you are proabortion because you had a perfect little life.

my point is there is no way a baby will starve in canada, dosent mateter what the parent is. theres always someone there who will love them. but why is it for us to decided what happens to their life. you have yours and enjoy it because it dosent last long, let them enjoy theres because it the best thing in the world. we shouldnt be the judge who lives who dies. killing an innocent life is pretty much a criminal act. but this is a whole differrnt topic . you can start a new thread if you want.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Definately one of the retards on the UofC campus.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Your saying you want a 16 year old child THAT DOES NOT WANT A BABY to have it and then not give it what it needs because she didn't want it in the first place. Then the kid grows up with a shitty ass life? In addition ruin the life of this 16 year old girls life because she has to drop out of school and have everyone of her peers and most likely family look down on her? :facepalm:

P.S. If the "babies" heart doesn't start beating until 5-6 weeks how is it alive? :dunno:
anyways another topic another time

Mitsu3000gt
11-05-2009, 03:05 PM

Parents married, mid twenties, both had jobs, a house, and university educations all prior to having kids. They weren't wealthy by any means and grew up in a very small town. Every one of my friends I can think of had a similar situation. I don't think its as uncommon as you think.

TurboD
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
^ lol @ 9 facepalms.
Those comments really upset you

abyss
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM

my point is there is no way a baby will starve in canada, dosent mateter what the parent is. Theres always someone there who will love them.

I'm sure these babies would disagree with you about there always being someone to love them. http://www.canadiancrc.com/Infanticide-Women_Who_Kill_Their_Babies.aspx

If abortion is illegal, adoption should be free (hell, it should be free regardless). Oh, while we're at it, infertility treatments should also be free.

lilmira
11-05-2009, 03:10 PM

Set an example, clean up your own life and your own relationships, and once your successful at this you can go on to try to change the world...

That's why you need to govern yourself accordingly first.

2Valve0
11-05-2009, 03:10 PM
^ lol @ 9 facepalms.
Those comments really upset you

LOL had to make my point how dumb I thought that was. Maybe the most facepalms in a post?

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Finland has a great social care system, but you pay an incredible amount of taxes to maintain this - not as bad as Sweden mind you (everything is worse there :poosie: )

Not much more than here, plus mortgage and 60% of home reno (materials AND labour) are tax write-offs.

http://www.backpacking.se/grfx/MemberPictures/sweden_sucks3.jpg

cannondale1
11-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe the most facepalms in a post?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Not anymore

TurboD
11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Trying to infiltrate the government to change it and turn it on its self-interested head is harder than most people think.

If you think you can make this happen, why not test out your theory and skills and take on a small practice challenge, like say for example, join a baseball team and convince them that hockey is the best sport ever, or join a wrestling team and convince them that judo is the best sport.

Or convert a mosque full of muslims into christians

and if you can successfully dismantle a major self interest group, then you can actually say your theory works on a small scale.

But if you are not successful, I would say that you have some work to do in fine tuning your theory and practice.

beyond_ban
11-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by cannondale1

snip

Not anymore

Impreza
11-05-2009, 03:23 PM

I understand what you're trying to say (I don't agree with it...), but I am sure that it is more common than uncommon to have a kid after age 20. I have no idea where you get your assumptions from, single mom? 16-20? wtf. :facepalm:

3g4u
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Agree with most but Military? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard come out of someones mouth on so many levels :facepalm: don't even want to get in to it.

Drinking age? Are you saying you never drank until you were 21? What would be the difference if people want to drink they will no matter what the age.

Reservations gone FTW! No more welfare for any person in society no matter what the circumstances, EVERYONE pays taxes

15 years to become a citizen is a little long? But agreed if they break the law in any way deport them

My idea for mandatory military service would be an attempt to create national pride amongst Canadians, new and old. I believe it would definetly make pushy immigrants think twice before comming here and trying to fuck with everything this country stands for without contributing anything but driving a cab.

If after serving their country they still feel like changing everything then atleast they have the same credibility as everybody else.

On the drinking age> In my opinion 18 year olds are not mature enough to be drinking, just look at night clubs around town and the violence that comes with them.

The only people who don't agree with me are under 21, and when their balls drop they will feel the same.

qcp1
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I call whatever position enables me to embezzle the most.

I believe they call that Finance Minister

TurboD
11-05-2009, 04:21 PM

My idea for mandatory military service would be an attempt to create national pride amongst Canadians, new and old. I believe it would definetly make pushy immigrants think twice before comming here and trying to fuck with everything this country stands for without contributing anything but driving a cab.

If after serving their country they still feel like changing everything then atleast they have the same credibility as everybody else.

On the drinking age> In my opinion 18 year olds are not mature enough to be drinking, just look at night clubs around town and the violence that comes with them.

The only people who don't agree with me are under 21, and when their balls drop they will feel the same.

How can you talk about what "this country stands for"
and in the same post talk about mandatory forced military deployment and regulations.

I would offer the advice that this country stands for freedom more than you seem to realize.

and I would also submit to you that there is no such thing as Country, or Canadians.
These are words that explain concepts.
The "Country" is made up of individuals, everyone has a right to their own person and property, and no one has the right to tell you how to live your life, or what club to join.

The only difference between a Canadian and an American is the geographical location in which they were born, and in some cases that isn't even necessary to call yourself a Canadian.
For some reason you think that you know what this concept of a Canadian should entail and how the individuals that make up this group should act.

Govern yourself accordingly, if you think military is important, join the military, but its not fair to force your belief on others.

eg_eric
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM

How can you talk about what "this country stands for"
and in the same post talk about mandatory forced military deployment and regulations.

I would offer the advice that this country stands for freedom more than you seem to realize.

and I would also submit to you that there is no such thing as Country, or Canadians.
These are words that explain concepts.
The "Country" is made up of individuals, everyone has a right to their own person and property, and no one has the right to tell you how to live your life, or what club to join.

The only difference between a Canadian and an American is the geographical location in which they were born, and in some cases that isn't even necessary to call yourself a Canadian.
For some reason you think that you know what this concept of a Canadian should entail and how the individuals that make up this group should act.

Govern yourself accordingly, if you think military is important, join the military, but its not fair to force your belief on others.

so, TurboD, are you Canadian?

TurboD
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by eg_eric

so, TurboD, are you Canadian?

I live in Canada, and was born in Canada, but that fact does not make up who I am, it's just a label people use.
Just like there is no such thing as Government, only individuals that give themselves power over other individuals in a geographical location.

If you ask to see the government, this is not possible, what you will get is an individual or several individuals, because that's all the govt is, its a concept used to control people.

You must be one of those people that cheer for their sports team loudly in front of the TV expecting it to help them win.
and you are probably the same person that cheers for the same local team every year, even though key players are traded to other competing teams.
No such thing as teams, only individuals that make up the team.

lilmira
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I think you have as much right to freedom as the responsibility to protect it. Though joining the military is not the only way to strengthen your country.

eg_eric
11-05-2009, 04:36 PM

I live in Canada, and was born in Canada, but that fact does not make up who I am, it's just a label people use.
Just like there is no such thing as Government, only individuals that give themselves power over other individuals in a geographical location.

If you ask to see the government, this is not possible, what you will get is an individual or several individuals, because that's all the govt is, its a concept used to control people.

Ah, you're one of those "citizens of convenience". Live in Canada, use Canada, but don't consider yourself Canadian.

I grew up in Canada, I love the national sports teams, celebrated our gold medals, wear a poppy to respect our soldiers who sacrificed themselves for today's freedom (the very freedom you are telling everyone here should be available to all), pay my taxes, work everyday at my job to see how I can make my work reflect Canadian education and standards, sing our national anthem everytime it is presented, I love this country - MY country.

My education is Canadian, my wife is Canadian, my citizenship and passport say Canada. I think I can say that I'm a Canadian.

I can't see how you can be born and live in Canada but not call yourself a Canadian.

TurboD
11-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Ah, you're one of those "citizens" of convenience. Live in Canada, use Canada, but don't consider yourself Canadian.

I grew up in Canada, I love the national sports teams, celebrated our gold medals, wear a poppy to respect our soldiers who sacrificed themselves for today's freedom (the very freedom you are telling everyone here should be available to all), pay my taxes, work everyday at my job to see how I can make my work reflect Canadian education and standards, I love my country.

My education is Canadian, my wife is Canadian, my citizenship and passport say Canada. I think I can say that I'm a Canadian.

I can't see how you can be born and live in Canada but not call yourself a Canadian.

This means nothing.
By saying this, all you are saying is you are proud for INDIVIDUALS making good choices and acting in a good manner.

you don't mention the murderers and thiefs that equally make up "your country"
you cherry pick to give yourself a delusion that makes it seem like everything is all fine and magical.

what you talk about with pride is just a delusion.
It's actually a mild form of mental illness.

there is no such thing as Canadian education, 2+2 cannot be assigned a country.
What about the innocent people your canadian soldiers killed?

and you pay your taxes with a delusional smile on your face, good job.

eg_eric
11-05-2009, 04:44 PM

This means nothing.
By saying this, all you are saying is you are proud for INDIVIDUALS making good choices and acting in a good manner.

you don't mention the murderers and thiefs that equally make up "your country"
you cherry pick to give yourself a delusion that makes it seem like everything is all fine and magical.

so murderers and thiefs make up Canada according to you? Last i checked, Canada PUNISHES murderers and thieves. We're not made up of them.

So being proud of being a Canadian is a mental illness???

Buddy, you're about to get flamed by all the Canadians on this forum.

TurboD
11-05-2009, 04:45 PM

so murderers and thiefs make up Canada according to you? Last i checked, Canada PUNISHES murderers and thieves. We're not made up of them.

So being proud of being a Canadian is a mental illness???

Buddy, you're about to get flames by all the canadians on this forum.

Listen to what you're saying, "Canada punishes murderers"
You are assuming there is no such thing as a canadian murderer.

Canada is made up of tree huggers and any violent criminals or evil people are not canadian, they must be russian or something, lol.

LOL

like Canada is only good people and all they do all day is punish bad people.

freshprince1
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM

They do not give themselves power, actually, you grant it to them. By obeying the laws of the country, you give the government legitmacy, therefore giving them the power to govern.

By living on this chunk of land legitmized by your peers also living here, you forfeit certain natural rights in order to receive certain governances. In the ideal system, these governances would be minimal (i.e. protection from exterior and interior threats, the guarantee that you can live according to your will as long as it does not negatively impact others who are also in the same chunck of land).

eg_eric
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

They do not give themselves power, actually, you grant it to them. By obeying the laws of the country, you give the government legitmacy, therefore giving them the power to govern.

True, this is why we vote. Otherwise, go live in the Arctic if you don't want to obey laws of the country, right?

By living on this chunk of land legitmized by your peers also living here, you forfeit certain natural rights in order to receive certain governances. In the ideal system, these governances would be minimal (i.e. protection from exterior and interior threats, the guarantee that you can live according to your will as long as it does not negatively impact others who are also in the same chunck of land).

Exactly.

Canada is made up of tree huggers and any violent criminals or evil people are not canadian, they must be russian or something, lol.

LOL

ok, so Canada has murderers and violent criminals... Is this Canada according to you?

3g4u
11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I guess there is an I in team according to Turbo D.:dunno:

lilmira
11-05-2009, 05:13 PM

LOL

People choose to live together so that they can share resource and help each other, that's the basic concept. Everyone is different, some people do certain things better than the others. We contribute with what we do best and take advantage of the others in return.

Of course some people will just take advantage without contributing. Some people will make bad choices because of various reasons. As a society we help whoever that needs help. We do what we can to correct the people from the wrong and hopefully they can contribute to the society again like anyone else. If they refuse then they can all go to hell if you ask me.

I'm not a canadian myself even though nothing is stopping me from getting my passport. People always ask me why. I love this country, I love the people, I love the Rockies, I love the snow. But I'm not 100% committed. May be I'm being stubborn but I'm 100% sure about my commitment to my home country and I have no problem to go back one day when it needs me. I just can't say the same to Canada.

Some people talk about getting citizenship like buying an Ipod. It's cheap and it's useful, why don't you buy it? Well, if one day I have to fight for Apple, I would probably reconsider.

3g4u
11-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

People choose to live together so that they can share resource and help each other, that's the basic concept. Everyone is different, some people do certain things better than the others. We contribute with what we do best and take advantage of the others in return.

Of course some people will just take advantage without contributing. Some people will make bad choices because of various reasons. As a society we help whoever that needs help. We do what we can to correct the people from the wrong and hopefully they can contribute to the society again like anyone else. If they refuse then they can all go to hell if you ask me.

I'm not a canadian myself even though nothing is stopping me from getting my passport. People always ask me why. I love this country, I love the people, I love the Rockies, I love the snow. But I'm not 100% committed. May be I'm being stubborn but I'm 100% sure about my commitment to my home country and I have no problem to go back one day when it needs me. I just can't say the same to Canada.

Some people talk about getting citizenship like buying an Ipod. It's cheap and it's useful, why don't you buy it? Well, if one day I have to fight for Apple, I would probably reconsider.

My point exactly on mandatory service.

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM

My point exactly on mandatory service.

2 year service in Canada would be pointless though, start at 6 months, long enough to do basic and specialization. 1 yr to become a corporal, 9 months for medics/transportation.

Legless_Marine2
11-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

TurboD
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
ok, so Canada has murderers and violent criminals... Is this Canada according to you?

If I could take a moment and explain what your delusion looks like to a normal human being....

You look like the husband with the alcoholic wife and you're at a dinner party with a fake delusional smile on your face and telling everyone how great things are with the family and how happy everyone is.

You cover for your drunk wife (canadians) and you focus on the happy parts of your family in order to distract not only yourself and give yourself a false sense or reality, but you are distracting others and are worried about what your neighbors would think of your and your family if they found out that everything wasn't a fairy tale.

total delusion.
Man up and open your eyes, see the world for what it really is.

How do you expect to fix the problem when you mascaraed around like Canada is a country of perfection.

Have you taken a look at the unemployment rate lately?
Have you noticed how much patriot tax the govt is shaving off your paycheck?

beyond_ban
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2
Those unhappy with mainstream political offerings may want to check out The Lemon Party

WTF you faggot. Go die in a fucking hole.

+1235432534562623624 BAN

SERIOUSLY, can a mod please play whack a mole with this fuck and a ban hammer?

banned3x
11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

WTF you faggot. Go die in a fucking hole.

+1235432534562623624 BAN

SERIOUSLY, can a mod please play whack a mole with this fuck and a ban hammer?

they should ban you for being aN idiot. How new are you to the Internet?
If link said liberal party and it was lemon party than your still an idiot for knot checking your bottom screen newb. R u using ur Intrnet from Jr high?

beyond_ban
11-05-2009, 07:14 PM

they should ban you for being aN idiot. How new are you to the Internet?
If link said liberal party and it was lemon party than your still an idiot for knot checking your bottom screen newb. R u using ur Intrnet from Jr high?

My bad faggot, i never have seen that site before. Yes i am brand new :facepalm:

Go impregnate a 16 yo, and have the kid you useless piece of shit.

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 07:22 PM
HAHAHA, I remember what lemon party was only after beyond_ban posted. I somehow locked that out of my mind.

NSFW sites shouldn't be linked outside of askleo without NSFW tags, but that is kind of funny.

slinkie
11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
http://makemineamojito.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/trolls-doll-red-hair.jpg

i hope your dp is your daughter or something

FraserB
11-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't see the issue with not considering yourself a "real" citizen of Canada. I consider myself to be a freeman on the land and have no issues so long as I govern myself accordingly.

mx73someday
11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
We are supposed to have freedom from other people's religious beliefs, the separation of church and state, but we are not free from other people's political beliefs and I believe this is the next big step. Democracy or whatever you call the system in place is basically a few people forcing their beliefs on others with the illusion of choice through voting.

You can live your life in a way that doesn't rely on government aid or support as much as you can manage to.
By doing this you can show people how little the government is needed to live a long and happy life.

I see little point in helping the government by relying on it the least. These people are stealing from you, by all means you should take back as much as you can. The only way you can help socialism is by helping to end it faster, take as much as you can and contribute as little as possible. After all the system rewards those who do this, even though it wasn't intended by design.

The best way you can contribute to society while suffering through socialism is to be honorable in all your voluntary relationships (ones that aren't forced upon you like with governments).

2Valve0
11-05-2009, 09:14 PM
I have a solution to a few people on this thread...Move to the amazing united states of america, they seem to have alot of things you like.
Everyone should be proud to live in this country if not get the *#!@ out and take your shit with you, your not forced to live here.

If you want to carry a gun and see huge murder rates, move to the U.S.A.
If you love the army so much and think it shows pride, move to the U.S.A. they seem to do good with the whole pride through dressing people up in camo and giving them guns...so many people love them

We are Canadian, last time I checked we SOMEWHAT try to seperate ourselves from the US and it seems like some people want to erase the difference between us.

TurboD
11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
@ mx73someday

It's def not a fool proof plan and is totally open to debate.

The thought process was similar to how the government if they want to stop corporations from taking pay increases, should themselves take a pay cut and lead by example.

In that mentality my thought process is to show humanity that it's needlessly relying on government to support them when they don't need a government.
Before you can criticize the way other people leech off the state you need to first lead by example was my thought process.

Also, I don't mean quit your job working for the state etc etc etc.

I mean, start small, don't immediately go to the doctor for a simple cold, eat healthy, exercise, take care of yourself. Don't smoke or drink alcohol.

and @ 2Valve0

I read what you said and I'll translate what you were actually saying:

"The canadian slave master treats us just fine, and if you love the way the USA slaves are treated you should ask for a transfer from the canadian slave master and be shipped to live under that set of slave rules"

No one wants to be less of a slave or moved to a different slave system, I for one don't want to be anyone's slave.

Kavy
11-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Blah Blah Blah Blah

Shut up.

eg_eric
11-06-2009, 09:48 AM

LOL thanks Dr. Phil.

Looks like we have a Doctor, Translator and Interpreter in the house.

OMG Anyone who is proud of being Canadian has a mental illness!

ekguy
11-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Free post-secondary
Right to bear arms

Maybe conscription, though Canada doesn't really need a big military.

as much as this is an obvious joke cuz really no one on beyond is going to start an actual political party.

This is still something I believe Canada would benefit from. Free post secondary education is available in some countries. Why can't Canada be part of that group???

lilmira
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
The money will most likely come from higher tax. Are we all happy paying for it up front?

freshprince1
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM

...I read what you said and I'll translate what you were actually saying...

Can you please stop putting words in people's mouths, twisting their meanings, playing on semantics.

When you do this, you inject the statements made by these people with your own views, your own interpretations. So it is not what they are actually saying, but what you want to hear from them so you can reinforce your beliefs that everyone else is a clueless somnabulate tool of an illegitmate government.

Government is inefficient, yes. But it is only illegitmate if it has come to power through means unrepresentative of the general will of the people. If they do things we do not approve of it is our fault for becoming apathetic to the point of not thinking we can do anything to change it. I also concede that the first past the post system in Canada is less than perfect and is not entirely proportional. But for you to incessantly hint that government has somehow pulled the wool over the entire country's eyes and gained power in some secret and diabolical method is pointless, paranoid, superfluous and tiring.

To be disillusioned with government is one thing, but to claim that government has no legitmacy is just plain clueless.

And before you tell me what I really mean, I would just like to point out that Canada does in fact have Canadian murderers, Canadian drug addicts, Canadians leeching off of the system. Canada is not perfect, in fact it is far from it, but that is a trade off I am willing to make to live here, and I accept this as reality.

$0.02.

TurboD
11-06-2009, 11:18 AM

LOL thanks Dr. Phil.

Looks like we have a Doctor, Translator and Interpreter in the house.

OMG Anyone who is proud of being Canadian has a mental illness!

Kateb, George (2000), “Is Patriotism a Mistake?” Social Research, 67: 901–24. Reprinted in Kateb, Patriotism and Other Mistakes, Ithaca: Yale University Press, 2006.

But a country “is not a discernible collection of discernible individuals”; it is rather “an abstraction … a compound of a few actual and many imaginary ingredients.” Specifically, in addition to being a delimited territory, “it is also constructed out of transmitted memories true and false; a history usually mostly falsely sanitized or falsely heroized; a sense of kinship of a largely invented purity; and social ties that are largely invisible or impersonal, indeed abstract …” Therefore patriotism is “a readiness to die and to kill for an abstraction … for what is largely a figment of the imagination” (907).

When asked “why do you love your country?” a patriot is likely to take the question to mean “what is so good about your country that you should love it?” and then adduce what she believes to be its virtues and achievements. This suggests that patriotism can be judged from the standpoint of ethics of belief – a set of rules for evaluating our beliefs and other doxastic states. Simon Keller has examined patriotism from this point of view, and found it wanting.

Keller argues that whereas one's love of and loyalty to a family member or a friend may coexist with a low estimate of the person's qualities, patriotism involves pride in, or endorsement of, one's country. If the patriot is to be proud of her country, she must consider her beliefs about the country's virtues and achievements to be based on some objectively valid standards of value and an unbiased examination of the country's past and present record that leads to the conclusion that it lives up to those standards. However, the patriot's love and loyalty are not focused on her country simply because it instantiates a set of virtues a country can have. If that were the case, and if a neighboring country turned out to have such virtues to an even higher degree, the patriot's love and loyalty would be redirected accordingly. She loves her country and is loyal to it because that country, and only that country, is her country; hers is a love and a loyalty “in the first instance.” Thus the patriot is motivated to think of the patria as blessed by all manner of virtues and achievements whether the evidence, interpreted objectively, warrants that or not. Accordingly, she forms beliefs about her country in ways different from the ways in which she forms beliefs about other countries. Moreover, she cannot admit this motivation while at the same time remaining a patriot. This leads her to hide from herself the true source of some of the beliefs involved. This is bad faith. Bad faith is bad; so is patriotism, as well as every identity, individual or collective, constituted, in part, by patriotic loyalty. This, in Keller's view, amounts to “a clear presumptive case against patriotism's being a virtue and for its being a vice” (Keller 2005, 587–88).

Hakkola
11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I have a solution to a few people on this thread...Move to the amazing united states of america, they seem to have alot of things you like.
Everyone should be proud to live in this country if not get the *#!@ out and take your shit with you, your not forced to live here.

If you love the army so much and think it shows pride, move to the U.S.A. they seem to do good with the whole pride through dressing people up in camo and giving them guns...so many people love them

That sounds like an ignorant American attitude. I'm basing what I think would make Canada better on my experience in Finland.

Gun ownership does not equal high murder rates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_gun_ownership

There is a high murder rate in New York, but you can't carry a weapon there.

People love their military pretty much everywhere, and conscription helps build a sense of community.

Your post is embarrassing.

lilmira
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
History is just a record of past event. Sure it can be inaccurate and altered on purpose or not. That's why you need to use your own judgment. You can't experience everything first hand so you are going to have to trust someone's word for it at some point. If you want to disbelieve, feel free to do so for your own reason, no one is forcing you.

Of course the term country can be a bit arbitrary when considering the identity of a citizen. Just because someone is living across the border doesn't mean he/she will be drastically different. But people living in the proximity do share similar experience, ie food, culture, climate...., you can't deny that. Through same experience, glory or shame, we grow bond and identity. Sure we prefer to talk more about the glory than the shame, that doesn't mean we are ignoring it. Would you prefer the national anthem to mention something about murders and rapists?

eg_eric
11-06-2009, 12:09 PM

Kateb, George (2000), “Is Patriotism a Mistake?” Social Research, 67: 901–24. Reprinted in Kateb, Patriotism and Other Mistakes, Ithaca: Yale University Press, 2006.

I love my country because it's my home, that doesn't mean to say I'm proud of all the crimes done in its name.

Also, you are calling me a patriot. Patriotism is a little more than just cheering for the Canadian team at the Olympics or singing the anthem. Would i sign up for the military? Maybe, maybe not but does that make me less Canadian or less "mentally ill"? Would I "kill" for this country? No.

Again, you are putting titles on people and words in their mouths, whom you do not even know.

Originally posted by lilmira
Would you prefer the national anthem to mention something about murders and rapists?

According to TurboD not mentioning murderers and rapists makes Canada "falsely heroized" and the rest of us who sing it "delusional". Apparently if a scholar says something it's 100% true.

eg_eric
11-06-2009, 12:14 PM

TurboD
11-06-2009, 12:16 PM

Kennesaw Georgia USA Has a mandatory gun law and basically the lowest crime rate in the usa.

google

and @ eg eric, I cannot really explain it to you any other way, one of the kickers with a delusion is that you refuse or fail to see the logic and evidence presented to you.

If a war vet is walking down the street and a car backfires and he hits the deck, if you walk up and tell him its just a car backfiring and not a gun shot.... do you think this will help him?
Trying to explain things logically a lot of the times is a waste of time.

these sorts of ingrained issues are almost impossible to take control of.

eg_eric
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM

one of the kickers with a delusion is that you refuse or fail to see the logic and evidence presented to you.

Trying to explain things logically a lot of the times is a waste of time.

ah, the good ol "you're a waste of time" trick, trying to make yourself look smarter than others and just discarding the arguments presented to you.

just like the one where you believe governments make us into "slaves" of the system. you're one of those people who thinks the Matrix is real. Stop shoving your conspiracy theories and beliefs down people's throats. Like everyone else said, if you don't want to be part of a group or people, fine, but don't preach to others how you're so "mentally sane" because you don't believe Canadians exist. You sound like a religious fanatic.

delusional, anyone?

TurboD
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Good work shielding the information by spreading a large cloak of denial over the issue, now I see why you still think this way.

You may continue chanting "we're number one, all other countries are number two"
I'm done

eg_eric
11-06-2009, 12:51 PM
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab301/ericandariana/shield_the_information.jpg

Yes, you are done.

freshprince1
11-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Good work shielding the information by spreading a large cloak of denial over the issue, now I see why you still think this way.

You may continue chanting "we're number one, all other countries are number two"
I'm done

I don't think people are saying Canada is the best, just that they like it.

What Country is number one then, in your opinion?

TurboD
11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
What Country is number one then, in your opinion?

The point I'm trying to make is that there is no such thing as a "number one country" - celebrating a concept does nothing for humanity, just look at religion.
and having this mentality that there is such a thing is immoral and it breeds segregation mentality among citizens.

You should not be worried about ranking your conceptual illusion of a country into a group and stacking it against other groups with similar concepts.

Looking at your country as a competitor against other countries is exactly the reason there is such little resistance to war.
Without the ingrained "America, Fuck Ya!" mentality people would be a lot better off.
We need to look a the entire earth as our brothers and sisters, different parts of the world have good people and bad people.

If we look at other countries as individuals and people with brains and minds, and not just "The other team" I think this gives us a more realistic perspective on life.

The proof is in society, if you have ever traveled to the states and explained to someone that you are Canadian you feel that feeling of uncertainty as to what conceptual view of canadians that person has.
Same goes with americans coming to canada and being stuck with the labels that their conceptual country has given them.

You put people you don't know on your team because they live at a certain range of geographical co ordinates, and anyone else you whom are also unknown to you, somehow these people you cannot relate to and cannot share a conceptual bond with because of where they live.

You can acknowledge people that live in different countries, but when you start using that information to stack group statistics onto that location and label them as such, this isn't fair to that populous as a whole.

Debate a religious person and try to convince them that some other religion is "better"
you will quickly find that the whole basis for debate is retarded, as religion is only a concept that some people are deluded into believing as reality.

nonlinear
11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
i'm sorry, but how the fuck are you going to get people to start or join a politican party WHEN YOU CAN"T EVEN GET PEOPLE TO VOTE!

low voter turnout is THE reason we have totally fucktard politicians making idiotic decisions about ring roads, green light cameras and show removal. everyone bitches all the time, but in the 2004 municipal election voter turnout was 19.8% :facepalm:

before you talk about starting a party, you need to convince people to get off their fat fucking asses and vote.

eg_eric
11-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Debate a religious person and try to convince them that some other religion is "better"
you will quickly find that the whole basis for debate is retarded, as religion is only a concept that some people are deluded into believing as reality.

yeah it's retarded yet you have convinced yourself it's necessary to post about it on every damn thread.

Seriously dude, get a life.