PDA

View Full Version : has anyone worked in the financial district in hk?

l/l/rX
11-06-2009, 02:28 AM
for now i just want to see if anyone has, if there arent then there's no point in me posting paragraph after paragraph of stuff in which no one will have a clue what im talking about.

I have joined several expat forums specifically for hk n china, but a lot of those people seem to be mostly english teachers and very general types of forums (housing, party, events, teaching english, english teaching jobs available, what to do, where to go, etc etc type of thing) soo hasnt really been of much help.

Soo ya if you have please post a reply in this thread as it would be greatly appreciated and if you wouldnt mind after sharing some insight to my questions and the way im going to go about doing things.

Thanks in advance.

civic_ek4
11-06-2009, 03:07 AM
yes

I am working in HK. I have worked in Insurance (operation) and working in Fund Administration (FoF).

l/l/rX
11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
So then few questions for ya...

Where did you start off from? Here in Calgary and moved to HK?
What education background do you have?
Was it hard to find a job or did someone refer you?
Did you have to get a practising certificate from HKSI? If so which one do you have?

edit: I'm more curious as to whether or not you have a certificate from HKSI and if having certifications from HKSI make you stand out from the rest.

civic_ek4
11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Tell me what you want to do and what you have..............I will tell you if you can do it or not.

Also, if you think something is useful and will make you get that job. Get it!! People in HK gets credentials for anything.

civic_ek4
11-09-2009, 05:36 AM
I know there is another beyonder in HK. Come and help out this young man.

Suggestion, there should be section for beyonders overseas!!