PDA

View Full Version : Sport Compact Cup - Team Competition: Edmonton Sept 22. 10am-5pm

Mark Seto
08-25-2002, 11:58 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/chukevin/test/flyer_colour.jpg

Madspinner
08-27-2002, 12:06 PM
:burnout: Just wondering who going up there ,I'm just going to go and watch .

Azncowboy
08-27-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm in

coldrsx
08-28-2002, 01:43 PM
the DC5AB (rsx club).... will be there

Mark Seto
08-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Here are the Schedule and event rules (DRAFT)

2002 Sport Compact Car Challenge Cup

Racing

9:00 AM Gates Open, Tech Begins
10:00 AM Registration for teams
10:00 AM Racing Time trials begin (individual and team competitors)
2:00 PM Elimination's for Solo Awards (only fastest 24 cars eligible)
3:30 PM More time Trials
5:00 PM Awards

Time Trials:
- All competitors must complete at least one run during Time Trials. Competitors will earn points based on drag racing ET's for scoring.
- During Time Trials, competitors will "hotlap" (in other words, race, line up, race, line up... as often as you like until the close of Time Trials. Some competitors will be satisfied with one run, some will want as many as time allows).
- Arrive early to maximize the number of runs you get.

Eliminations:
- Eliminations are open to all racers (teams and individuals).
- Your Time Trial ET will determine whether you can compete in the eliminations or not.
- For those who make it into Eliminations, you will be seeded in your group based on your Time Trial ET. The fastest 24 cars will be put into 3 groups, with 8 cars in each group. Group A will be the fastest 8, Group B will be the next fastest 8, and Group C will contain the remaining 8.
- FYI, Cut off at Drag Warz for Group C was about 16.7 seconds.
- Those who do not make it into Eliminations will have to wait until the Elimination runs are over to continue racing.

Team Competition:
- Register up to 4 members per team. Each team must have at least 2 people racing.
- We will take your teams two best 1/4 times during Time Trials and apply a conversion method to determine your team Drag Racing Score
- Team Drag Racing scoring will be combined with your team Showoff score to determine your overall team score.
- Only teams will be eligible to battle for the 2002 Sport Compact Challenge Cup title. The winning team will hold the title for one year and will be invited back to defend the title next year.

Show and Shine

9:00 AM Gates Open
10:00 AM Registration for teams
12:00 PM Judging Begins
5:00 PM Awards

Judging:
- Judging will start at 12 PM.
- Judging is continuous from 12:00PM to 5:00PM. After you have been judged, your car will marked by the Judges.
- Judging is done by scorecard by a panel of sponsors and VIPs who have trained eyes.
- It is your responsibility to report to Judges that you have not been judged.
- Showoff awards are open to any competitors (team or individual) registered in the Showoff.

Prizes Categories:
- Best of Show Award: for best overall package
- Best Engine Enhancements Award: for best visual engine enhancements
- Best Interior Award: for best stereo, upholstery, and other interior add-ons
- People's Choice Award: for voter favorite, based on ballot
- Wildest Ricer Award: for best OBVIOUS and INTENTIONAL ricer mods (i.e., 2L Pop NOS bottles), registration required to enter this category

Team Competition:
- Register up to 4 members per team. Each team must have at least 2 people racing.
- Team Drag Racing scoring will be combined with your team Showoff score to determine your overall team score.
- Only teams will be eligible to battle for the 2002 Sport Compact Challenge Cup title. The winning team will hold the title for one year and will be invited back to defend the title next year.

Trophy Register

Team Trophies:
- 2002 Sport Compact Car Challenge Cup

Drag Trophies:
- 1st Place, Elimination Group A
- 1st Place, Elimination Group B
- 1st Place, Elimination Group C

Showoff Trophies:
- Best of Show
- Best Engine Enhancements
- Best Interior
- People's Choice
- Wildest Ricer

Rydog
09-01-2002, 05:57 PM
sounds like fun to me!!!

B18C
09-07-2002, 12:25 PM
So basically for the eliminations, you get trophies for being 1st, 9th, and 17th. :nut:

Isn't there a better way of grouping?

kenny
09-07-2002, 05:45 PM
One could purposely run slower at first to get into a slower group, then run hard during the actual eliminations to claim the trophy! :)

RGAGT
09-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Nice Try Kenny but I don't think it would work because to win you'd have to stay at or outside your Est Time to Keep advancing and you wouldn't be able to hold back the AMG :D

Mark Seto
09-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Good comments guys, essentially you are correct - here are my comments:

So basically for the eliminations, you get trophies for being 1st, 9th, and 17th.

This is true. But trying to be fair to those who who have slower cars, this way we can award prizes by heads-up racing. Otherwise we'd have to give all the prizes to the fastest cars and the slower cars would not win anything - unless we did bracket racing.

One could purposely run slower at first to get into a slower group, then run hard during the actual eliminations to claim the trophy!

This is true. Things to consider:
- You will not know where you actaully stand in qualifying. So if you run slow, you may actually end up not making the eliminations (top 24).
- There's alwasy the risk of being #8 or #9. If you're #8, you're the slowest qualifying time of Group A so you're odds are not great. If you're #9 you're the fastest qualifier of group B, so odds are really good of winning a prize.
- And finally - and likely the deterrent of not running fake qualifying times - The prestige of winning a higher bracket or even qualifying in the top bracket (Qualifiers are marked by show polish which Group they are in). Also, Group A will likely end up with better prizes.

Ben
09-09-2002, 09:58 AM
Who else is going? I wouldn't mind catching a ride.

Mark Seto
09-10-2002, 12:24 AM
There will also be a 2X Db Drag Event for all the loud car audio enthusiasts.

Azncowboy
09-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Hey Markis...
Will the show cars be allowed to race as well...but just for fun and not part of the event? they'll still be part of the show of course.

Mark Seto
09-10-2002, 08:17 PM
Anyone is allowed to race - (except muscle cars). The cost is $20 for each vehicle racing.

For example, if you have 4 teammates, 3 are racing, but 1 isn't, AND all four want to be judged in the showoff, then the cost is $20 each for the 3 racing, and $7 for the one who is not racing.

Confused?
:nut:

Mark Seto
09-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I have a sponsor bringing in a Mustang Dyno on site for anyone who would like to dyno their ride as well.

ManHunter
09-10-2002, 10:21 PM
You can check out the dyno here:

http://www.stewsdyno.com

MH

infamous
09-10-2002, 10:45 PM
damn....i hope i can go

300rwhp
09-14-2002, 09:38 PM
why no muscle cars? thats pretty cowardly.a muscles car worth 5000 should have the right to lay it into 30000 ricers.

three.eighteen.
09-16-2002, 03:29 PM
how would one go about winning the wildest ricer award??? *thinks about LED tailpipes and fly-by competitions*

ManHunter
09-16-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
how would one go about winning the wildest ricer award??? *thinks about LED tailpipes and fly-by competitions*

If the colt 200 GT with papier mache and duct tape body kit shows up, it's a done deal. He wins. :)

MH

LowRiderHD2000
09-19-2002, 12:52 PM
why no muscle cars? thats pretty cowardly.

I agree. Pretty sad when half the import community is trying to make good relations with domestic. Than when it comes time for the groups to bond they block us out of the competition.

I think there scared.:D

MR2uned
09-19-2002, 01:56 PM
I could understand not having the v8's running, if they did there would be a whole other group for them to run in.

There are few imports that most of us own that can take on 350cc's of detroit muscle. Now I would like to see an event where a rice and eagle take oneanother on heads on, but that would be done through the ET times.

It's not that we don't want them there, I like alot of the old muscel cars (had a '71 mach 1 notchback) it just hard to get even pairings when it comes to racing.

Besides if you lose with your import "Ah, no fair thats a v-8" or they will be saying "Ah, its no fair, their car is half the weight"
Some one will say something.

Jamie

P.S I will be there, car is in the shop now getting new "internals" for Sunday

Ben
09-19-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MR2uned

There are few imports that most of us own that can take on 350cc's of detroit muscle. Now I would like to see an event where a rice and eagle take oneanother on heads on, but that would be done through the ET times.

for Sunday

My lawnmower would take on a 350cc domestic.:rofl:

Seriously though, I agree that the domestics are a big part of the scene, but just the same, we have to be realistic, no one in a 15 second import is going to want to race a big loud yaught that runs 10's.

Domestics have thier tractor pulls and drag meets, Imports deserve their versions too.

ManHunter
09-20-2002, 12:00 AM
I think another reason is simply the fact that there are just too many muscle cars out there. :) If they all come too, everybody will get no more than 1 or 2 runs.

MH

B18C
09-22-2002, 05:34 PM
We won!!!

I entered with the ABcar guys and we ended up winning the cup. Dunno how, but we did :dunno:

GTS Jeff
09-22-2002, 06:40 PM
lol, i got in for free cuz "im with abcars" hahaha

sexualbanana
09-22-2002, 09:16 PM
good job brother.
what kinda times wereu getting?? :rofl: :burnout:

DSM Power
09-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Good times had by all but DAMN was it cold or what?!?! :eek:

The DSMs from Edmonton did us proud but they blew up in the final runs... :( :(

sexualbanana
09-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Good times had by all

except by archie. :rofl:

GTS Jeff
09-24-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Good times had by all but DAMN was it cold or what?!?! :eek:

The DSMs from Edmonton did us proud but they blew up in the final runs... :( :( yah shit! it hurt to see the red laser blow up after such a nice launch!

nookmumracing
09-25-2002, 04:28 PM
How about the paper mache Colt. Was it there? That is a classic ride, had to do a double take for it.