PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wipers

rockanrepublic
11-08-2009, 09:45 AM
my wiper blades are getting worn and with winter about to hit, im gonna go grab some new ones. Anyone swear by any specific wiper blades?

bwling
11-08-2009, 11:20 AM
The Michelin wipers from Costco work pretty well and they are cheap too.

94boosted
11-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I've heard great things about PIAA Wiper Blades they are pricey but apparently some of the best wipers around

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/

I'm getting a set of the Super Silicone ones fairly soon as my wipers are starting to leave streaks.

Mibz
11-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by bwling
The Michelin wipers from Costco work pretty well and they are cheap too. +1

xmattx8
11-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I just bought a pair of those Reflex wipers blades. They work great :dunno:

GoChris
11-08-2009, 04:05 PM

+2

TomcoPDR
11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by xmattx8
I just bought a pair of those Reflex wipers blades. They work great :dunno:

They're only good within like 6-9 months then they get just as bad as regular blades... but at $20 per, that's kinda steep

HondaKid
11-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I use Rain-X brand, worked fine for nine months but now they do have a bit of a streak. Cleaning the blades with rubbing alcohol does help, they really do get very dirty.

chkolny541
11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

They're only good within like 6-9 months then they get just as bad as regular blades... but at $20 per, that's kinda steep
i got mine over a year ago and they are still as good as the day i got them:dunno: 6-9 mnths is horseshit

rockanrepublic
11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
thanks guys i think ill try those Michelin wipers from costco cheap and effective sounds like a good argument.:clap:

Neil4Speed
11-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I got some RainX Heavy Duty ones and they work great so far.

Mar
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I bought my car 4 years ago, replaced the wiper blades once with cheapies from the dealership and they're perfect. I've never had an issue, don't know what all the fuss is. No streaks, no noise.

eg_eric
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM

+3

95teetee
11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

i got mine over a year ago and they are still as good as the day i got them:dunno: 6-9 mnths is horseshit I put mine on my Stealth 3+ years ago (daily driven year-round) and they're still good as new.

freshprince1
11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I bought the reflex wipers from Canadian Tire, they work really well as long as you brush the snow off the windshield after it snows. They are very thin, so they don't remove piled up snow, but when the snow has been cleared, it keeps the windshield clean and streak free. They're not that expensive either.

clem24
11-10-2009, 12:15 PM

NO! The Michelin wipers USED to be good. They are now pretty shitty. I think they must have switched suppliers, as I find the rubber contact strip to be too thin and made of really shitty material. I used to buy these but will never buy them again.

I have them on my wife's car and had them on my own. Because of the shitty way the contact strip deforms (probably as a result of the cheap material), THEY LEAVE STREAKS! BAD BAD BAD!

I got so annoyed by them that I replaced them with Good Year Assurance wipers (read made in USA not China -- the Michelins I believe used to be made in the USA) that I bought from Costco USA for $7 (yes half of the Michelin).

Stay away from Michelin.

Mibz
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by clem24

NO! The Michelin wipers USED to be good. They are now pretty shitty. I think they must have switched suppliers, as I find the rubber contact strip to be too thin and made of really shitty material. I used to buy these but will never buy them again.

I have them on my wife's car and had them on my own. Because of the shitty way the contact strip deforms (probably as a result of the cheap material), THEY LEAVE STREAKS! BAD BAD BAD!

I got so annoyed by them that I replaced them with Good Year Assurance wipers (read made in USA not China -- the Michelins I believe used to be made in the USA) that I bought from Costco USA for $7 (yes half of the Michelin).

Stay away from Michelin. I've purchased three pairs for different vehicles over the last year or so and all of them are still performing. I think you may have gotten a bad set.

FiveFreshFish
11-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by clem24

They are a shitty product. The passenger side blade separated from the wiper part in about a year. Just as well since they started streaking in about that time frame.

Replaced them with NAPA house brand and have had no problems in 1.5 years.

clem24
11-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
I've purchased three pairs for different vehicles over the last year or so and all of them are still performing. I think you may have gotten a bad set.

Nope. I am not the only one experiencing the same issues:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/warm-costco-michellin-hydroedge-wiper-blades-11-59-a-811864/

As I stated, these wipers USED to be good, no GREAT. Then I am certain they switched suppliers and that's when things started going downhill.