PDA

View Full Version : OOoohh...

van
08-25-2002, 11:58 PM
hahaha, my first rice flyby experience friday night on 36st

im at the light parking (redlight) buddy and his friends beside me keep looking over and start to rev their engine (old accord 87 or so)... im parked not even at the line of the light.. and they keep looking over and when it turns green they peel out.. on the other hand there's myself.. just going normally and i guess they didnt know what direction they were going plus i was running late so i booked it.. and then slowed down on memorial heading downtown and they flyby me with this dumb face haha it was so funny cause i told my friend beside me they would do it.. and they did... and the cops showed up and they slammed on their brakes

people these days.. theres nothing to prove unless its on the race track in my opinion... on the street its just stupid..

bosa
08-29-2002, 07:55 PM
Why didn't you race them?You could of takin those ricers:rofl:

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Nothing to prove on a street race....

But it's still fun!

especially when you kick some domestic (mustang, couger,etc..)

ASS, with an import. we are always under estimated....

:devil:

SmelltheRubber
08-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
Nothing to prove on a street race....

But it's still fun!

especially when you kick some domestic (mustang, couger,etc..)

ASS, with an import. we are always under estimated....

:devil:

Yeah well, with 95% of imports (Japanese anyways) unless you are heavily modded, theres a good reason your under estimated.....so I guess it must really make your day when you finally beat a domestic. :confused:

RCBVtec
08-29-2002, 08:54 PM
Had a similar incident today, on deerfoot, late for work and this POS 87ish accord is on my ass and I am doing like 140!! So I step on it a bit to pass a few cars then move over to let them pass, and when I move over they slow down... WTF :dunno: so I move back over and they are on my ass again!! :banghead: so I just dropped it a couple of gears and was gone... but seriously do people smoke crack before they get in their cars :dunno:

SmelltheRubber
08-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by RCBVtec
Had a similar incident today, on deerfoot, late for work and this POS 87ish accord is on my ass and I am doing like 140!! So I step on it a bit to pass a few cars then move over to let them pass, and when I move over they slow down... WTF :dunno: so I move back over and they are on my ass again!! :banghead: so I just dropped it a couple of gears and was gone... but seriously do people smoke crack before they get in their cars :dunno:

Maybe he was trying using you as a pace car?
Or it might just be crack afterall... :dunno:

RCBVtec
08-29-2002, 08:58 PM
that's true... never thought of that... still - damn crack heads :D

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber

Yeah well, with 95% of imports (Japanese anyways) unless you are heavily modded, theres a good reason your under estimated.....so I guess it must really make your day when you finally beat a domestic. :confused:

I can understand what you are saying about the mods, specially
w/ toyota, nissan turbocharged cars. But the engeering on most late model japanese cars proves it self over most domestics.
For example Honda's s2000 Facts: 0-60 in under 6 sec ,
240 hp @ 7500rpm , Its a four cylinder 2.0 litre engine for f**k sakes . compared to a 2001 mustang GT 4.6 litre V8 ,
260@ 5300rpm engine. 20 more horse w/ four more cylinders.
Wow! what an increase.

2000 celica 4cyc 1.8 180hp
acura rsx 4cyc 2.0 litre 200hp Japanese imports .......:guns:

SmelltheRubber
08-29-2002, 09:26 PM

I can understand what you are saying about the mods, specially
w/ toyota, nissan turbocharged cars. But the engeering on most late model japanese cars proves it self over most domestics.
For example Honda's s2000 Facts: 0-60 in under 6 sec ,
240 hp @ 7500rpm , Its a four cylinder 2.0 litre engine for f**k sakes . compared to a 2001 mustang GT 4.6 litre V8 ,
260@ 5300rpm engine. 20 more horse w/ four more cylinders.
Wow! what an increase.

2000 celica 4cyc 1.8 180hp
acura rsx 4cyc 2.0 litre 200hp Japanese imports .......:guns:

Thats why I said 95% instead of 100%. BTW, what the GT lacks in top end hp, it more than makes up for in torque (302 ft/lb) compared to S2000's (153 ft/lb). Also look at the price difference between the GT and S2000 to understand why a GT makes seemingly low hp for a 4.6L V8.
Anyways, im glad you replied calmly.

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 09:41 PM
It more than makes up for in torque (302 ft/lb)

What if we doubled the s2000's engine size like the mustang's
v8 4.6 litre. Then it would make up for the torque and some more.

Always a BATTLE! Import Vs. Domestic.

That 95% thing is not so true if you equal engine size.

Compare a Jap 4cyc to an domestic 4cyc. then what?

It seems you can't really do that.

That's WHY japanese cars use turbochargers to compare w/
domestic cars w/ out using so much; weight, space or gas
while still having High performance specs.

SmelltheRubber
08-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Mmm...yeah I wont argue with you that the Japanese manufacturers definitely take the time to make their engines much more advanced and efficient than domestic auto-makers...
But here, i'll help you out with that hypothetical situation of "if you doubled the size of a import engine..."

Here are figures from some of the larger than usual import engines...
Honda Passport (3.2L V6) = 205hp, 214 ft/lb torque
Honda Odyssey (3.5L V6) = 210hp, 229 ft/lb
Honda Accord (3.0L V6) = 200hp, 195 ft/lb
Nissan Xterra (3.3L V6) = 170hp, 200 ft/lb

These figures arent too impressive....but then again, you gotta congratulate Nissan for those 240 or 250hp maxima's that use V6's...
So I guess what i'm saying is that engines vary...any auto maker can take the time and make a nice refined small engine that puts out alot of power....but the cost of the car will reflect that level of refinement...like the S2000. Thats why some domestic V8's put out seemigly low power...because they havent been refined as much to keep them nice and affordable to your average Joe. :)

HRD2PLZ
08-29-2002, 10:31 PM
There's also lots of domestic V6's around the sizes of the import ones you listed above that "aren't too impressive" or refined. So, its to each his/her own.
Mercury Cougar 2.5L V6 170hp
Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 200hp
Chevrolet Malibu 3.1 V6 170hp
Oldsmobile Alero 3.4 V6 175hp
Chevrolet Impala 3.8L V6 200hp

and most of the engines listed above are on the oppsoite end of refinement.
:dunno:

And, According to Car & Drivers October 99 issue:
The Honda Accord EX V6 did the 1/4 miles faster than the Intrepid ES, Taurus SE, 626ES, Maxima SE, Intrigue GL, Bonneville SE, Legacy GT Limited, Camry LE and the Passat GLX.

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 10:40 PM
"engines...
Honda Passport (3.2L V6) = 205hp, 214 ft/lb torque
Honda Odyssey (3.5L V6) = 210hp, 229 ft/lb
Honda Accord (3.0L V6) = 200hp, 195 ft/lb
Nissan Xterra (3.3L V6) = 170hp, 200 ft/lb "

Yes these are Import V6 engines , (FAMILY CARS!)

With alot more weight, these family cars are designed

for other uses than a sports car. These cars can be compaired

w/ domestic prices and engine power.

What are we talking about? sports cars or family cars?

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 10:45 PM
"And, According to Car & Drivers October 99 issue:
The Honda Accord EX V6 did the 1/4 miles faster than the Intrepid ES, Taurus SE, 626ES, Maxima SE, Intrigue GL, Bonneville SE, Legacy GT Limited, Camry LE and the Passat GLX. [/B][/QUOTE]"

Good points! Nice work!

The Accord is definetly proven it self over all the generations.

Japanese Imports ....... :guns:

ConVict
08-29-2002, 10:50 PM
Guys... In the end the onyl way to put this whole domestic/import thing into one category is price range...
just look at a domestic SPORT car for 30, 000
and an import SPORT car for 30, 000
im not quite sure of the resluts but my hypothesis is that the domestic will win!

ConVict
08-29-2002, 10:52 PM
"And, According to Car & Drivers October 99 issue:
The Honda Accord EX V6 did the 1/4 miles faster than the Intrepid ES, Taurus SE, 626ES, Maxima SE, Intrigue GL, Bonneville SE, Legacy GT Limited, Camry LE and the Passat GLX. "

Good points! Nice work!

The Accord is definetly proven it self over all the generations.

Japanese Imports ....... :guns: [/B][/QUOTE]

those models that the Accord beat are all the base models... how gay is that!
they took the fastest Accord model and beat some base models, what a surprize... you think the Sport Accord package could keep with a Taurus SHO... hell fucking no

haha beat that :nut:

HRD2PLZ
08-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Conner, they are not all the base models, the only one without leather was the Camry. You cant' compare a Taurus SHO to any of those cars. C&D compared cars in a certain category within a price range.

ConVict
08-29-2002, 10:59 PM
the sho is probably cheaper then the top of the line Accord...( i could be wrong ) and it raced the maxima SE... if it raced the nice one it would have got whooped...

its like me going off saying, my probe can take civics, integras, celicas... well ya i could brag all day about my kills, but they are all 4 cyl's and i am a 4 cyl turbo of course i am going to win!

HRD2PLZ
08-29-2002, 11:01 PM
If you compared import VS domestic in the $30K range, yes domestic would probably win. But, thats price alone. Build quality and reliability of of imports can weigh heavy too though...Balancing it out. It all comes down to personal preference. Who cares? I sure don't. You drive what you want and I'll drive what I want. Settled :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
08-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
the sho is probably cheaper then the top of the line Accord...( i could be wrong ) and it raced the maxima SE... if it raced the nice one it would have got whooped...

The SE is the sports version on the Maxima. The GLE doesn't have a bigger engine, plus the GLE is auto only. The SHO is more than the top-of-the-line Accord. Accords fully loaded top out at $32K plus taxes.

ConVict
08-29-2002, 11:03 PM
this will never be settled... cause its like apples and oranges...

so ya Settled..

HRD2PLZ
08-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Okay. Done :thumbsup:

SmelltheRubber
08-29-2002, 11:09 PM
LOL, look what we started here, LaughingTiger... :nut:
Yeah the import vs domestics battle can go on forever without there ever being a clear winner...
Oh well, the best way to go about it is to judge a car by its performance, not by it's badge...

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 11:35 PM
Imports VS. Domestic

I work w/ different cars everyday, and I've seen some pretty
impressive mustang supercharged engines, and I've seen some
pretty impressive twin turbo supra, and 300zx engines.

I think we should leave the battle up to the car manufacturers!

See you on the street......:guns: