PDA

View Full Version : Luge at COP - Anyone done it?

cmyden
11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Just wondering if it's any fun...

http://www.winsportcanada.ca/cop/activities/lugerides.cfm

FLARE
11-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Its fucking insane!

Do it!

Masked Bandit
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I can't speak about the luge but I've done the four man bobsled and let me tell you, 100 KPH sure seems a lot faster when your on a sled in a tube! It was a blast.

Gart
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
yes I have..
you should do it.

FiveFreshFish
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I've done it and do recommend it.

- Wear a tighter jacket because anything loose will flap in your face.
- Wear long johns and gloves.
- There's a lot of time waiting when others are doing their run.
- You'll be sore the next day.
- You will never be more aware of your beer belly than when going down the track. :rofl:

adidas
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Im so gonna do this!

Its only one run correct?

FiveFreshFish
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
The package I got included five runs. The first two began at a lower start point and the remaining three were higher up so you end up going much faster once you're used to the track.

Spoons
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah we did it for a company I worked for a few years back. They used it as a team building activity.

Why?

I have absolutely no fucking clue seeing how luge is solo. Lots of team building got done...

I also worked for COP where I got to ride the bobsled for free. Not as fun as the luge, but still a blast. I highly recommend both.

chkolny541
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Yeah we did it for a company I worked for a few years back. They used it as a team building activity.

Why?

I have absolutely no fucking clue seeing how luge is solo. Lots of team building got done...

i lol'd haha

mr2mike
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
He didn't say, but maybe it was two man luge
http://thesexycrimes.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/twomanluge1va.jpg

Carrying on....

I know the Skeleton team does a fund raiser where you pay $50 and get a lesson on how to do it then two runs or something down the track. It's crazy fun and faster than you think once you're doing it.

I personally would wait for those days to come up so atleast the Canadian teams (luge or skeleton) get the money for funding.

I'll try to remember to post the dates it happens when I find out. Just show up, pay your cash and go. Girls are welcome to do it as well.

Masked Bandit
11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
He didn't say, but maybe it was two man luge
http://thesexycrimes.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/twomanluge1va.jpg

That has to be the gayest thing I've seen in a long time.

grwnded
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
luged it, bobsledded it. do it!

i've done a fundraiser for the Canadian Liver Foundation for a few years called "shiver for liver" and one of the things they do is send you down the track. three years ago they sent us down the entire run in a competition bobsled with a national tem member as the driver. that was insane!

but the last two years they just sent you doen the bottem 5 turns on a luge, not bad, but from the top would be crazier, they did that before too but too many people ate shit and got hurt.