PDA

View Full Version : NCHL or HNA or other?

Kimchee
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey guys,

im looking at starting a team this spring/summer in the NCHL, HNA or another league...can anyone tell me which league is better for costs? ice times? other?

thanks again!

dezmarez
11-10-2009, 10:27 AM
this thread has some good info...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/278581/mens-hockey-league-thread-nchl-cahl-hna-etc/

i personally have played in nchl in the summer and cahl in the fall,
i prefer the cahl...mostly because of the rules,
the nchl rules can get pretty dumb in regards to penalty shots and forfiets when it comes to a certain amount of penalties,
however the skill level of the nchl was alot better,
but this was probably due to the fact that good hockey players that play in the whl/jr a/college etc. were in town to play for the summer

check out the websites...

cam_wmh
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I've played in both the NCHL & HNA. I've also played a few games in the WRAHL, and some oilmens league.

The NCHL has this stupid rule that's been mentioned countless times, but just so you know how it works..
After your team gets their 6th penalty, the other team gets a penalty shot. YES a penalty shot. After the 9th penalty, your team forfeits the game.

The HNA has been my favorite. Quality ice times, solid reffing. Tons of teams, to ensure you are in a division without too much disparity between teams. 13 Divisions or something. Your team will find it's fit within a season.

Good luck to ya

Davetronz
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Alberta Summer Hockey League is pretty good for spring/summer hockey. Lots of divisions, decent ice times, no overly-retarded league-specific rules.

Kimchee
11-14-2009, 09:12 PM
awesome, thanks for the replies guys....i'll look into it