PDA

View Full Version : Rant - Punk Kids throwing eggs?

Kartelli
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
What is with kids these days? Yesterday at 10:00 pm was driving home with my cousin when all of a sudden I hear a huge thud and my door shakes (driving 50 km/hr). Sounded like somebody threw a beer bottle at the door. I immediately stop and get out, and see egg particles all over my door.

Immediately jogged the area with my cousin trying to find the little bastard, but he must have bolted or ran inside a house close by. Washed the car today with no luck getting it off, and sure enough cracked the paint nice and good on the door.

Happened on Coach Hill Road SW right before the Old Banff Coach Road SW intersection. Residential Area.

:facepalm: to new generation teenagers

A790
11-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Happened to me once. Needless to say, that kid and his friend won't be throwing eggs again.

To be honest, if you can't catch the dude the best thing you can do is inform the police. If they get a few reports they may investigate and deal with it. Kind of a long shot, but when you have no other options...

QuasarCav
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Kartelli

I'm pretty sure this has been around since there were eggs.

MintRacer
11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by A790
Happened to me once. Needless to say, that kid and his friend won't be throwing eggs again.

To be honest, if you can't catch the dude the best thing you can do is inform the police. If they get a few reports they may investigate and deal with it. Kind of a long shot, but when you have no other options...

I had a similar incident the other day.. I pulled a u turn after hearing something hit the side door... I pull up to two white kids that look maybe 6 and 8 with a little pellet gun. now is there an age limit for a pummeling?

Kartelli
11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm actually surprised at the damage it caused, luckily was driving the winter beater... if it was the other car the golf bag would have been in there...

Pretty sure I know which 4 houses it could have been if it was thrown from a backyard, we took the left and right paths for about 5 minutes, should have seen something by then if they were on foot.

Tik-Tok
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Washed the car today with no luck getting it off, and sure enough cracked the paint nice and good on the door.

If you ever get egged again...

DO NOT WAIT TO WASH YOUR CAR

If you don't get it off before it dries, you're fucked.

Kartelli
11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
^ I know, lesson learned... I went through the carwash today, maybe 40% came off. Going to hit it with a pressure washer after work and see what happens.

Masked Bandit
11-09-2009, 03:26 PM
This is nothing new. It's pretty much impossible to catch the little bastards too.

InRich
11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Yea I got egged about a month ago.... There were 4 little fuckers, I took off running after them, but slipped on some ice and fell, but noticed they were running north. So I went back into the car with my girlfriend there, and double backed on them a block down the street... she told me not to hurt em.

caught one of the little fuckers hiding behind a parked car gassed cause they've been running 2 blocks straight.. So I grab him and ask him wtf he was doing. He started crying (it wasn't me routine), and then his phone rang. It was his buddies asking him if he got away and to meet them at the park

I take his phone and tell em if I catch them doing that again I'll knock their fucking teeth out. silence... I then took the little kids phone and told him to have his parents call me before the end of the weekend otherwise I'd throw his phone in the lake. I live in Mckenzie Lake.

His parents call me. and like someone said above, I drove around ALL NIGHT trying to find a car wash before morning came. It took me 2 hours to find one, it was 4:00am when I finally washed the egg off.

So I told the kids parents they owe me for 3 hours of my time, which is 267/hour and 5 dollars for the car wash. They threatened me and blah blah blah, said they would punish the kid their own way, blah blah. needless to say I threw the kids phone in the lake the next day.

edit, these kids were about 15 - 16 years old. and they egg'd me near the front wind shield / roofline. The kids phone was brand new

speedog
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM

What makes you think it was teenagers? Could have been some drunk college kids in their 20's. And besides that, I can safely say that most of the teenagers I know aren't into that kind of thing. Yeah, there's always a few bad apples out there, but to generalize (facepalm) all as a group - not good, not good at all. And what of the teenagers on these forums - are they also new generation teenagers or is there another group they fall into?

Anyhow, not trying to rag on you, Kartelli, but it really irks me when someone chooses to generalize and namedrop a whole group of ppl. BTW, sucks that your car got egged - hopefully you will be able to get it back into pristine shape and trust me, if it had been my car, I'd have been out trying to catch the buggers too (along with my two new generation teenagers).

lint
11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
East or west side of Old Banff? I'm on the west side and will keep an eye out

Kartelli
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
^ I hear ya. I know not all teens are bad, and there are plenty of good parents out there. The bad ones break the rep of the good ones. Just venting in a car forum where I know I can hear other peoples "war" stories with these types of incidents.

I'm glad your a parent that works hard at teaching your kids to be good people, wish there was more parents out there like you!

Kartelli
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by lint
East or west side of Old Banff? I'm on the west side and will keep an eye out

West side of Old banff... I know which 4-5 houses it could have been, more I think about it they must have tossed from the deck then ran inside.

lint
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
right at the corner, across from the condos? or a little further up?

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
We used to egg homes 15 years ago, egging has been around forever.

Kartelli
11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
the group of houses right beside the fire station, opposite to the condo complex/duplex housing.

I ran through the back of the fire station, my cousin went left. Its within that group of houses, 5-6 of them.

n1zm0
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
it's not always teens but it is almost always in the well to do/upper middle class areas where the rich little shits have nothing else better to do at night cept hooligan the streets, you'll almost never find that in the ghetto, mfken eggs could be breakfast lunch and dinner man! lol

last time i did egging tho was in HS 2002, das froshing day :D

Impreza
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
At least with your car, you can drive to a car wash. Getting your house egged in the winter is FAR worse...

Back in the day, these fuckers egged my house during the winter. I knew exactly who they were, so I decided to get some revenge. Me and a couple friends went out and bought a box full of eggs, we had well over a hundred eggs. We then went to one of the fuckers house and start egging it. Then a friend goes and knocks on the door and we wait until the douchebag opens his door and then start throwing more eggs, trying to thro them into his house haha. The look on his face was priceless lol, serves him right for starting it.

lint
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
the group of houses right beside the fire station, opposite to the condo complex/duplex housing.

I ran through the back of the fire station, my cousin went left. Its within that group of houses, 5-6 of them.

Ah, you're talking about the other coach hill rd/old banff intersection.

Gibson
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Yup, a group of my friends and I got egged while standing in a parking lot by some guido tool bags in an RX-8. Never did catch them, although I've seen one or two car and people combos that could have been them. No sense in starting something unless you're sure though.

Also, this was in the winter and I waited. :facepalm: to myself.

95EagleAWD
11-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by speedog

What makes you think it was teenagers? Could have been some drunk college kids in their 20's. And besides that, I can safely say that most of the teenagers I know aren't into that kind of thing. Yeah, there's always a few bad apples out there, but to generalize (facepalm) all as a group - not good, not good at all. And what of the teenagers on these forums - are they also new generation teenagers or is there another group they fall into?

Anyhow, not trying to rag on you, Kartelli, but it really irks me when someone chooses to generalize and namedrop a whole group of ppl. BTW, sucks that your car got egged - hopefully you will be able to get it back into pristine shape and trust me, if it had been my car, I'd have been out trying to catch the buggers too (along with my two new generation teenagers).

What?

What world do you live in? Teenagers are idiots, plain and simple. They don't have to throw eggs at cars to earn that.

slinkie
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

What?

What world do you live in? Teenagers are idiots, plain and simple. They don't have to throw eggs at cars to earn that.

:werd:

ekguy
11-10-2009, 02:23 AM
yeah kids are really ballsy and douchy nowadays. Had a kid flip me and my gf off on Halloween. Thought he was cool till I turned around. Let's just say Halloween was a scary night for him and his friends hahaha.

cancer man
11-10-2009, 03:38 AM
Why do i have an urge to go egging now?

UndrgroundRider
11-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Eggs aren't so bad. It's the paintball kids that really piss me off, cause that shit dents.

rockanrepublic
11-10-2009, 06:25 AM
i was driving in the NE and two white kids threw a handful of gravel at my car shattering both my headlights chipped up my hood pretty good too. immediately stopped and chased but they got away....

D. Dub
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I'm pretty sure this has been around since there were eggs.

:D