PDA

View Full Version : Question about getting Gallardo ready for Canadain roads

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
My friend just picked up a 2007 gallardo spyder. It needs to get daytime running lights installed and an out of country inspection.

ZR Auto quoted 5000 dollars for the lights to be installed. Does anyone know the best place to take exotics? I don't think taking this car to Can Tire would be a good idea for inspection or getting the lights done.

If anyone knows a good place to take a car like this please let me know. :)

cannondale1
11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Talk to Kulu.

RickDaTuner
11-09-2009, 04:25 PM
DRL's on a Gallardo is nothing more than Module reprograming. Find a Lambo dealer and go and get it done there. You might be able to get some support from an audi dealer.

banned3x
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
DRL's on a Gallardo is nothing more than Module reprograming. Find a Lambo dealer and go and get it done there. You might be able to get some support from an audi dealer.

find a lambo dealer?? in calgary? is there one? i dont know

RickDaTuner
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by banned3x

find a lambo dealer?? in calgary? is there one? i dont know

Of Course not in Calgary...

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 04:31 PM

So it's nothing more than playing around with the computer?

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Give Alpine Autowerks a call, they'll be able to help you, 403-287-9114.

m10-power
11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
jumper the DRL temporarily with a relay, some minor wiring then take it to canadian tire (just don't take your eyes off the car) for the inspection. done deal. Remove wiring after inspection

$5k for DRL
:nut:

RickDaTuner
11-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by blacklabel

So it's nothing more than playing around with the computer?

There are others that install the Audi LED day time running lights on their Lambo's, but its honestly just a matter of having the light module run the Xenons all the time.

If it wasn't for the scan tool needed to change that over, it would totally be something you can do on your own.

As for installing the LED's thats no big deal either. buy a set from Audi, take out your headlamps drill the holes for them, run the wires, install a relay and Fuse. use the power distribution panel behind the seats. The hard part, is removing all the seats carpets and coverings to get to the proper wires.

nbaker00
11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Get it done at the dealership you purchased it from in the States. Most will do it for free with purchase of Lamborghini.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
We just called Alpine Auto Works and they said they didn't have the scanner and said they would have to send car to Vancouver..

95EagleAWD
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I'd check with RIV VERY THOROUGHLY before your friend buys this car. I've heard that Lamborghini Canada isn't allowing ANY cars to be imported anymore.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
I'd check with RIV VERY THOROUGHLY before your friend buys this car. I've heard that Lamborghini Canada isn't allowing ANY cars to be imported anymore.

Well it's sitting in his garage right now.. So I'm not quite sure about that lol.

benyl
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

$5k for DRL

$5K makes sense.

Probably $4K to truck it to Van and back. $1K profit for the trouble.

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
It's actually fairly easy to bring a lambo in.

RickDaTuner
11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by benyl

$5K makes sense.

LuLz

sputnik
11-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
ya ZR told him that since he didnt buy it there, it was considered an inslut to bring it there for service. im pretty sure it would cost them less than an hour in labour, but they charge 5K just to be pricks

95EagleAWD
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

It's actually fairly easy to bring a lambo in.

My mistake! It's Porsche that's making it a cunt now.

clem24
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
My mistake! It's Porsche that's making it a cunt now.

I thought the only real issue is no warranty or they won't sell you a new car, but there's nothing stopping you from buying something used in a private sale, as long as it's listed as admissible. How are Porsche going to stop you from bringing one in?

signature7
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
During the dollar parity a friend visited a Porsche dealership were blacklisting people for buying cars and selling them privately. I am not sure under what terms and conditions, but I know you had to sign a waiver stating you would not do that.

SJW
11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
It's going to be really tough to find winter tires for canadian roads for this car.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by SJW
It's going to be really tough to find winter tires for canadian roads for this car.

Hopefully there can be some more serious replies. :dunno:

SJW
11-09-2009, 06:41 PM

Hopefully there can be some more serious replies. :dunno:

What's another 5K on top of a 200+K car.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SJW

Why would anyone want to spend 5K if its not necessary? Sure he's able to afford a beautiful car, but 5K is still lots of money no matter how you look at it...

Black on topic, to an early poster who said talk to Kulu, I looked him up and he's got 0 posts? Does he still lurk the forum just not post?

JordanAndrew
11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Doesn't Tunerworks do exotic cars as well? Or do they just do wheels and accessories?

chkolny541
11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by SJW

cannondale1
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Why would anyone want to spend 5K if its not necessary? Sure he's able to afford a beautiful car, but 5K is still lots of money no matter how you look at it...

Black on topic, to an early poster who said talk to Kulu, I looked him up and he's got 0 posts? Does he still lurk the forum just not post?

Hey,

www.kulumotorcar.com

Kulu is the local exotic car king. Not ZR.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
thanks man, i'll pass this information along.

canuckcarguy
11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Will an Audi scan tool work on a Lambo? Just curious.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Well they called the Kulu guy and he said he wont work on cars from the States.. He told him he needed to get new bumpers which would be 20K... But in reality it only needs the day time running lights.

Sounds like these exotic guys take it hard when you don't purchase a car from them.. Getting the run around from everyone thus far.

dj_rice
11-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Well they called the Kulu guy and he said he wont work on cars from the States.. He told him he needed to get new bumpers which would be 20K... But in reality it only needs the day time running lights.

Sounds like these exotic guys take it hard when you don't purchase a car from them.. Getting the run around from everyone thus far.

Get used to it, since your friend went down and supported the American economy to save a few bucks your gonna get this with alot of companies here, just like my work, if its an American vehicle, theres a 3 month wait to get it in for service even if its a simple oil change.

But since all shops have gave you the shaft, try calling Eurasia up here in Edmonton, they might be able to help you out

http://www.eurasia.ca/
(780) 439-6666

2EFNFAST
11-09-2009, 08:12 PM

That was the impression I got when shopping around a few years - they're only buddy buddy with you if you're putting the money into their pockets when you buy it (and have you seen some of the prices they charge up here; outrageous).

Oh well, just another reason to build your own cars instead of buying mass manufactured ones ;)

zieg
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
ya ZR told him that since he didnt buy it there, it was considered an inslut to bring it there for service.

...wow. :facepalm:

superboss
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Bentley calgary???? :dunno:

chkolny541
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by superboss
Bentley calgary???? :dunno: :confused: :confused:

Neil4Speed
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't hesitate bringing the car to Canadian Tire for inspection - I was in my car for most of the inspection, they didn't even check for my DRLS (I would advise that you still do them though). It takes them 5 minutes, they do not even have to drive the car.

Good luck to your buddy.

FraserB
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Coming next week to Beyond.

"ZR Auto legally threatens Beyond to remove negative comments":nut:

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Coming next week to Beyond.

"ZR Auto legally threatens Beyond to remove negative comments":nut:

Now that would be fun.

ScCab
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Kulu taking it hard? I doubt he will lose a minute of sleep cause your friend didn't buy a Lambo from him.:facepalm:

rage2
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Have you tried calling Lambo Canada to see what's needed?

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safevehicles/importation/usa/vafus/list2/LAMBORGHINI.htm

They'll tell you exactly what you need to get it legal for registration. Ask any shop here, and they'll just ship it to Vancouver for ya haha. See the quote from my link:

All modifications must be performed (and documented) by an authorized Canadian Lamborghini retailer and must be completed before a recall clearance letter can be issued by Lamborghini Canada.

dj_rice
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I wouldn't hesitate bringing the car to Canadian Tire for inspection - I was in my car for most of the inspection, they didn't even check for my DRLS (I would advise that you still do them though). It takes them 5 minutes, they do not even have to drive the car.

Good luck to your buddy.

Where I work, we took our 08 GTR to a Canadian Tire for the OOP inspection, and yes they drive the car really unless its onto the hoist, otherwise they do a walk around of your, test a few lights and then decide if you pass or not...

scary_perry
11-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Get used to it, since your friend went down and supported the American economy to save a few bucks your gonna get this with alot of companies here, just like my work, if its an American vehicle, theres a 3 month wait to get it in for service even if its a simple oil change.

But since all shops have gave you the shaft, try calling Eurasia up here in Edmonton, they might be able to help you out

http://www.eurasia.ca/
(780) 439-6666

Surely there is some good money in Lambo servicing? Why not take the guys money, keep his car running great, and when he wants another one get the car sale then?

Same applies if he bought an F150 in Montana, no?

Most likely the car will have lots of issues. Even Audi can't straighten out those stupid lazy slobs in Bologna who name monuments after donkeys (I say that as someone who lived in Parma for a couple of years it's like Calgary - Edmonton).

rage2
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by scary_perry
Surely there is some good money in Lambo servicing? Why not take the guys money, keep his car running great, and when he wants another one get the car sale then?
Because there's no authorized Lambo dealer in Alberta. It has to be sent out for the work.

71car2
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM

I can see why the Kulu guy would say it needs new bumpers. Two years ago, I was handed a job for a 2005 or 06 Audi TT to swap both new bumpers and new inner bumper support bars. That car was brought from USA by the owner and the Alberta Inspection told him it must have the Canadian bumpers.

I've seen the differences between the bumpers and the inner bumper bars. You guys would be quite surprised!! No joke. I've done a few jobs like that.

If a import owner who have a U.S. car brought into Canada and didn't change bumpers per Canadian auto inspection request. the owner's insurance will not pay for collision damage if it's ever caught in collision! The owner is in hook by himself on own costs!

I got that striaght by "horse's mouth" from the inspection guy at my work! Again I'm not kidding. No bull !!

RickDaTuner
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 71car2

I can see why the Kulu guy would say it needs new bumpers. Two years ago, I was handed a job for a 2005 or 06 Audi TT to swap both new bumpers and new inner bumper support bars. That car was brought from USA by the owner and the Alberta Inspection told him it must have the Canadian bumpers.

I've seen the differences between the bumpers and the inner bumper bars. You guys would be quite surprised!! No joke. I've done a few jobs like that.

If a import owner who have a U.S. car brought into Canada and didn't change bumpers per Canadian auto inspection request. the owner's insurance will not pay for collision damage if it's ever caught in collision! The owner is in hook by himself on own costs!

I got that striaght by "horse's mouth" from the inspection guy at my work! Again I'm not kidding. No bull !!

That was the case a year ago, but transport Canada has harmonized the bumper laws between the US and Canada. So new bumper from US vehicles are no longer needed.:thumbsup:

signature7
11-09-2009, 10:19 PM

That was the case a year ago, but transport Canada has harmonized the bumper laws between the US and Canada. So new bumper from US vehicles are no longer needed.:thumbsup:

:werd:

I remember reading it on beyond's front page.

71car2
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM

If that is so, that's great news. But what of vehicles from OTHER countries? I wondered about that question for transport Canada.

Let's say for example: A vehicle imported from Italy to USA and must meet the U.S. standards, then some point of time it is sold to a Canadian new owner, imported again there. Would the standards that were met by USA request - be accepted by Canadian standards?

m10-power
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by benyl

$5K makes sense.

:rofl:

I could send my car to Germany for $5k

Some interesting info on RIV, if you do the importer check list it says recall letter from Lamborghini USA

Importer checklist

Enter information about the vehicle that you want to import. Build and print a checklist for reference throughout the importing process.
Step 1
Enter vehicle information:
Step 2
Select a border crossing:
Step 3
Select inspection location:
Step 4
Select licensing province:
Step 5
View & print checklist:

Step 5 - View & Print checklist

Vehicle Information
Vehicle type: Passenger Cars
Manufacturer: Lamborghini
Year of manufacture: 2007
Is this vehicle being imported as a parts vehicle? No
Is this vehicle being imported as a salvage vehicle? No
Vehicle admissibility

Make sure you check your vehicle against the List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States before you import. Where there is no information concerning a current model year, you must contact the manufacturer to determine its admissibility status.

Information on specific vehicles can be found by visiting Transport Canada's web site (http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/menu.htm) or through the links provided below:

* List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States (http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safevehicles/importation/usa/vafus/menu.htm) - HTML format
* List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States (http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/safevehicles/importation/usa/vafus/list/vafus.pdf) - PDF format**

Recall clearance

To facilitate the timely release of your vehicle's RIV inspection form and to avoid any unforeseen delays or additional expenses, we recommend that you obtain your recall clearance documentation and submit it to RIV before you import, as soon as you purchase the vehicle.

Recall clearance documentation can be submitted to RIV by fax (1-888-642-9899), by e-mail ([email protected]) or in person or by mail to an RIV office location.

Recall clearance documentation (usually in the form of a letter) stating that there are no outstanding manufacturer's recalls associated with the vehicle can be obtained from the manufacturer of your vehicle: Lamborghini 7601 Centurion Parkway Jacksonville, FL, US, 32256

Phone #: 904 565-9100
Fax #: 904 565-9108
Web site address: www.lamborghini.com
U.S. Customs

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) require notification of all self-propelled vehicles being permanently exported from the United States, trailers excluded. You will need to provide CBP with your vehicle title documents, registration and sales receipts at least 72 hours prior to export.

CBP recommends that you contact the port of crossing directly to determine exact documentation requirements, procedures for submitting documentation and hours of operation:
Sweetgrass Area Port/Coutts
Interstate 15 N at Canadian border
Sweetgrass, MT, US, 59484

Phone #: 406 335-9610
Hours: Twenty Four (24) Hours A Day Seven Days A Week (7)
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)

The CBSA office at the point of entry in to Canada will process the importation of your vehicle.

CBSA will check documentation, provide you with a Vehicle Import Form (Form 1) to be completed at the border, verify vehicle admissibility and facilitate payment of the non-refundable RIV registration fee.

CBSA will also forward the completed Vehicle Inspection Form (Form 1) for your vehicle to RIV.

Please contact CBSA if you have any questions regarding CBSA requirements:
In Canada: 1-800-461-9999 (English) ; 1-800-959-2036 (French)
Outside Canada: (506) 636-5064 (English) ; (506) 636-5067 (French)
Web Site: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
Typical modification requirements:

Prior to purchasing your vehicle, please ensure you check Transport Canada's List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States to verify the manufacturer's specific requirements.

After you've imported your vehicle, RIV will issue an RIV inspection form, which identifies modification and inspection requirements specific to your vehicle, once the following has occurred:

(1) the Vehicle Inspection Form (Form 1) has been completed and submitted to RIV through CBSA,
(2) the RIV registration fee has been paid, and
(3) RIV has recieved recall clearance documentation confirming that there are no outstanding recalls on the vehicle.

Do not proceed with any modifications to your vehicle until you receive the RIV inspection form.

Passenger cars including sedans, coupes and station wagons. Note that mini-vans, passenger vans and sport utility vehicles are classified as multi-purpose passenger vehicles or MPVs.

Please reference Transport Canada's web site for vehicle admissibility information for passenger cars.

For reference, the following is a list of typical modification and inspection requirements:

* Recall clearance letter
* The vehicle must bear a manufacturer's valid U.S. Statement of Compliance (SOC) label at the time of import.
* Valid alpha-numeric 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN)
* Metric speedometer and odometer labels (provided by inspection centre)
* Daytime running lights
* Child restraint tether anchorage hardware kit
* Child restraint tether anchorage point locations (see Transport Canada’s List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States)
* French supplementary restraint system label for airbags that require periodic maintenance
* Air bag equipped vehicles are required to have functioning air bags at the time of inspection.
* If the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle is less than 10,000 lbs. and the manufacture date is after September 1, 2007, it must be equipped with an electronic immobilizer system that meets Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) 114.

Visit Transport Canada’s List of Vehicles Admissible from the United States for additional details.
Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) registration fees

Unless your vehicle is exempt from the RIV process, the following registration fee must be paid to RIV:

$204.75

The RIV registration fee must be paid before an RIV inspection form for your vehicle will be released. You can pay RIV fees at the border, on-line, by mail or in person at an RIV office.
RIV Inspection

All required modifications must be completed prior to the RIV inspection.

The RIV inspection must be completed within 45 days (or 1 year for salvage vehicles) of the date of importation.

The inspection centre will provide RIV with inspection results once the RIV inspection is complete.

RIV will issue a Canadian Statement of Compliance (SOC) label for the vehicle once the vehicle has passed inspection.

The following is the location address and phone number for the inspection centre that you selected:
Canadian Tire - Calgary North
40 Hunterhorn Drive N.E.
Calgary, AB
T2K 6H2

Phone #: (403) 295-2407
Fax #: (403) 275-5783
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am-9pm
Sat: 8am-6pm
Sun: 9am-6pm

Additional notes:
View Map
Provincial Licensing

In order to register and license an imported vehicle you need to present your stamped Vehicle Import Form - Form 1, along with the bill of sale, title and proof of insurance as well as any other information or documentation required by the provincial/territorial licensing jurisdiction.

Please contact your provincial licensing jurisdiction for detailed information on how to obtain provincial or territorial licensing:
Alberta
Phone: 780 427-7013 or 310-0000 toll-free within Alberta
Web site: http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_MotorVehicles.cfm

Then on vehicles admissible:

Note 1: Lamborghini Canada requires that importers contact Lamborghini Canada to determine exact nature and costs of modifications. Modifications vary by year and model and may be expensive. Possible modifications may include: daytime running lights, electronic immobilization system, metric odometer and speedometer labels.

All modifications must be performed (and documented) by an authorized Canadian Lamborghini retailer and must be completed before a recall clearance letter can be issued by Lamborghini Canada.

Please submit all inquires in writing to: [email protected]

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
So Rage, it appears to even get the running lights done it has to be done by an authorized dealer. So shipped to Vancouver just for that?

dj_rice
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
So Rage, it appears to even get the running lights done it has to be done by an authorized dealer. So shipped to Vancouver just for that?

My co-worker ships his Gallardo over to Vancouver for just a simple oil change, mind you its a once a year affair but stilll......

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ScCab

Kulu taking it hard? I doubt he will lose a minute of sleep cause your friend didn't buy a Lambo from him.:facepalm:

Relax man, didn't imply once anyone was loosing sleep. Just the fact that he wont help because the car was bought from the States and not him. He also said it would be 20K for new bumpers and as posted above me you can see its a old rule..

m10-power
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Depends on what the 'RIV inspection form' says

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Why cant it be driven in spring to vancouver, too many km's? save your self thousands driving it. Pick up a 'in transit' from registry and drive it.

rage2
11-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Find out what needs to be done first. At the end of the day, if Lambo Canada won't give you a recall letter because you did the DRL's locally, then there's no point in doing it locally right? Besides, there might be more to do than DRL's.

962 kid
11-09-2009, 11:12 PM

It's not that everyone is giving you the runaround, nobody here has the scanner :dunno: If you really really wanted, you could have one of those shops wire up some relays and you'd have DRLs but what's the point if it can be done through the scanner?

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

It's not that everyone is giving you the runaround, nobody here has the scanner :dunno: If you really really wanted, you could have one of those shops wire up some relays and you'd have DRLs but what's the point if it can be done through the scanner?

Both shops had them.... One said they would charge 5000 for the lights. The other said he wont work on cars from the States....

Thanks for the info Rage. Also everyone else who gave info, thanks its helped tons..

TomcoPDR
11-09-2009, 11:36 PM

Doesn't sound like he's taking it hard, he did spend the time informing your friends what he felt or knew was necessary.

blacklabel
11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
HAHA i don't understand these comments? Who cares, I'm just posting what was said on the phone from ZR and Kulu. Why do you guys feel the need to say "he wont lose sleep" etc... Yes I understand that 1 sale is not going to kill these guys. But bottom line, as soon as they heard it was brought from the States the tone changed..

I'm just hear trying to find some answers and again I thank those of you who have helped.

rage2
11-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Both shops had them.... One said they would charge 5000 for the lights. The other said he wont work on cars from the States....

Thanks for the info Rage. Also everyone else who gave info, thanks its helped tons..
I am 100% certain that Kulu doesn't have a scanner to do this. They sell cars there, and help their clients arrange for service. They don't do any service in house.

Cody D
11-10-2009, 12:48 AM
From my understanding Kulu uses Riegel and Tunerworks for any service on their vehicles.

Your friend should look to Eurasia in Edmonton like DJ Rice said, when I brought my car there last time they were doing engine out work on a Murcielago.

brownboi
11-10-2009, 03:46 AM
cant you talk to maserati/ferrari down on barlow???
they might be able to do something

Shlade
11-10-2009, 03:52 AM
sounds like your friend heavily fucked him self bringing this car over from the US.....

20k for bumpers? thats unreal, I have no idea when it comes to high end cars, but fuck, the max id charge to get the bumpers done is 10k for a galladro... This kulu guy sounds like a bitch who overcharges

blacklabel
11-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
sounds like your friend heavily fucked him self bringing this car over from the US.....

20k for bumpers? thats unreal, I have no idea when it comes to high end cars, but fuck, the max id charge to get the bumpers done is 10k for a galladro... This kulu guy sounds like a bitch who overcharges

No that 20K for the bumpers is an old rule as posted a few times already. All that needs to get done is the day time running lights.. (finding a place seems to be an issue tho) Hardly got "heavily fucked" saved TONS of money bringing it from the US.

Will report back with what that place in Edmonton says.

ZorroAMG
11-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Shlade, you know nothing about the topic at hand, so kindly keep your useless comments to yourself.

Good luck to your buddy, blacklabel.

Cody D
11-10-2009, 05:31 AM
This kulu guy sounds like a bitch who overcharges

Kulu was actually a really nice guy the couple times I've talked to him. Zahir on the other hand...

R-Audi
11-10-2009, 08:47 AM
If its work with the VAG tool.. might be worth a shot contacting Glenmore Audi and chatting with one of their techs...

scat19
11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
If its work with the VAG tool.. might be worth a shot contacting Glenmore Audi and chatting with one of their techs...

It appears it is similar - but it doesn't use the standard VAGCOM tool.

And dang, saved 60K by shopping in the states! :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I'd be hugely surprised if Kulu had a scanner, and only slightly less surprised if ZR did. The car is more than likely going to end up going to Vancouver one way or another, so the owner should just save himself the runaround, call up Lambo Vancouver and figure out how to get the car there himself.

benyl
11-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Cody D
From my understanding Kulu uses Riegel and Tunerworks for any service on their vehicles.

I am fairly certain that Kulu only uses certified dealerships to service the cars he sells. He doesn't dick around.

This kulu guy sounds like a bitch who overcharges

There is only one guy that sounds like a bitch in this thread.

Kulu doesn't like to deal in US cars. So why would he give a shit about keeping current on what the rules are?

It isn't worth the trouble for either ZR or Kulu to help this guy out. They quote a high price to make them go elsewhere as it isn't worth their time.

thetransporter
11-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by m10-power
jumper the DRL temporarily with a relay, some minor wiring then take it to canadian tire (just don't take your eyes off the car) for the inspection. done deal. Remove wiring after inspection

$5k for DRL

why does it take so long for a post like this. i think its $20 but hopefully they get the idea.

do what I did on a lotus.

get those wireless brake lights for motor cycles.
apply to bumper, with soft 3m tape that doesnt damage

when asshole canadian tire rep turns car on. you turn on the lights.

he approves. you go home.

Tomaz
11-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I smell a road trip to Vancouver!!!!!

:clap:

canuckcarguy
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 71car2

If that is so, that's great news. But what of vehicles from OTHER countries? I wondered about that question for transport Canada.

Let's say for example: A vehicle imported from Italy to USA and must meet the U.S. standards, then some point of time it is sold to a Canadian new owner, imported again there. Would the standards that were met by USA request - be accepted by Canadian standards?

I don't think you can legally import into Canada a vehicle less than 15 years old that wasn't manufactured for distribution into the USA or Canada.

heavyD
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

LOL Calgary dealers suck. It's more about paying fair price for goods rather than supporting economies. There is still a major price desecrepancy on some vehicles from US to Canadian pricing.

preludez
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
My friend just picked up a 2007 gallardo spyder. It needs to get daytime running lights installed and an out of country inspection.

ZR Auto quoted 5000 dollars for the lights to be installed. Does anyone know the best place to take exotics? I don't think taking this car to Can Tire would be a good idea for inspection or getting the lights done.

If anyone knows a good place to take a car like this please let me know. :)

out provinces inspection = $160 standard charges

out country inspection = $300 standard charges

u need both opi/oci inspection..

go to Canadian tire for out country inspection..

Neil4Speed
11-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by preludez

out country inspection = $300 standard charges

Did you read the thread? US Imports do not need the same kind of "out of country inspection" you are talking about. All you have to do is take the car to Canadian Tire, they will check if you did all the modifications as per required by the RIV - this service is free.

preludez
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Did you read the thread? US Imports do not need the same kind of "out of country inspection" you are talking about. All you have to do is take the car to Canadian Tire, they will check if you did all the modifications as per required by the RIV - this service is free.

there's no service for free these day.. Did u work in Canadian tire b4?

rage2
11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
there's no service for free these day.. Did u work in Canadian tire b4?
Canadian Tire does the RIV inspection for "free" because it's been paid for in the RIV fees at the border.

preludez
11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Canadian Tire does the RIV inspection for "free" because it's been paid for in the RIV fees at the border.

Why ZR quoted 5k for inspection? sounds like money hungry..

cannondale1
11-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Why ZR quoted 5k for inspection? sounds like money hungry..

Bruised ego.

rage2
11-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Why ZR quoted 5k for inspection?
The answer is simple. You have no idea how to read.

ZR Auto quoted 5000 dollars for the lights to be installed.

preludez
11-10-2009, 07:54 PM

The answer is simple. You have no idea how to read.

i can read u when u were young..:rofl:

preludez
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

preludez
11-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

rage2
11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Apparently, writing is not your forte either.

2EFNFAST
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM

huh

preludez
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM

if i have no idea how to read then u have very poor analysis , there's no $5000 charges for bulb installation..

rage2
11-10-2009, 09:21 PM
if i have no idea how to read then u have very poor analysis , there's no $5000 charges for bulb installation..
Who said anything about installing a bulb? Analysis... not your forte either.

2EFNFAST
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM

Rage!!! You penis!!!! Penis good large! Yes/no to penis?:dunno:

Cody D
11-10-2009, 10:33 PM

Reading, writing, analysis not my forte, but this is my forte...

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1568/kiaforte039asmallopt384.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/i/kiaforte039asmallopt384.jpg/)

ZorroAMG
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Is for the to be of going doing this there is, yes? Because for analyisis $5000 the charge are they for some?