PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth Out - Oral Surgeon Recommendations?

neomonkey
11-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone,
So I have 3 normal growing wisdom teeth and one horizontally growing one. I'm pretty old, around 28 years old. I went to the the dentist this April and he mentioned I may need them out. Well, now the one growing horizontal is kicking my ass (the annual grow a little event)!! AGH! PAIN!

Anyone have any pain relief recommendations (gargling salt water, etc)?

And more importantly, can anyone suggest a good oral surgeon? The guy my dentist referred me to isn't getting any good reviews on ratemds.com.

Anyone have good experiences with Dr. Loren Kroetsch by Mount Royal?

Thanks in advance, I'm both scared and freaking out and freaking out some more. :cry:

ZorroAMG
11-10-2009, 05:00 AM
I can - my dad's best friend is an amazing oral surgeon in Red Deer and he did all 4 of my impacted ones....the procedure is great with him. PM me if you want his details...you'll need someone to drive out with you obviously, to drive you back.

old&slow
11-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Go here...it's near Anderson Station.

https://www.oralsurgerycalgary.com/app/home.asp

Mixalot27
11-10-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm 32 and need to get an impacted wisdom tooth out. I also have to get a section of my gum removed because it has grown over my molar and created a pocket underneath. This pocket got infected which was very painful. I've been taking penicillan for the infection for the last week or so and its feeling better now. I have a consultation Nov 24th at South Calgary Oral Maxillofacial Surgery:

www.oralsurgerycalgary.com

I'm not sure which specific surgeon is going to do my procedure as there is 4 or them which practice there. However I found 3 out of the 4 listed on the site you mentioned above and they all get good reviews. I've heard they are sort of expensive though which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing, since sometimes you get what you pay for.

Do you have insurance which will cover your surgery? I'm probably going to sign up for AMA dental insurance, they will cover 60% of the surgery up to $700. There is no waiting period and you pay $79.25/month premium.

nagooro
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
ive heard nothing but good things about Dr. Loren Kroetsch. So i decided to go with them...had my consultation about a month ago.

bulaian
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hope you are getting put to sleep for this.

Mitsu3000gt
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I've had about 6 operations on my mouth, 2 which were very serious and required me being put out with full general anesthetic. Steve Bureau from South Calgary Oral & Maxillofacial did the 2 major ones. I didn't know he served in Afghanistan in 2007 and Croatia in 1995, thats pretty cool (just read that from the link posted). Anyways he did a perfect job, I would highly recommend him. I could have lost all feeling in my lower face but he was able to preserve that 100%. My dentist also recommends Dr. Whitestone from that same place, but I have no personal experience with him.

For my follow up operations, Dr. Bryce McDougall did them all and I would highly recommend him as well. He works out of the South Calgary Periodontal place right on Lake Bonavista.