PDA

View Full Version : subwoofer control on deck

inspire
11-18-2003, 10:01 PM
i have this function on my alpine but it doesnt seem to work anymore! i swear it used to work, i could turn it up and the sub would be louder, but now, it just doesnt work! does anyone know why? could i of messed up some wiring to the amp?
any help is appreciated, thx!

rc2002
11-20-2003, 12:52 PM
If it used to work and stopped all of a sudden, a connection might've come loose. If you don't know which wire it is, just check all the wires to see if any are loose.

inspire
11-20-2003, 07:42 PM
do u have any idea of what wires affect this? cause i dont feel like taking apart the interior panels to check the connections to the deck...
thx

teggydrvr
12-06-2003, 10:04 AM
hey if your subs used to work the other guy is right your RCA cable came loose. If not then the people who installed your subs probably spliced into your rear channel line and put a power inverter on to convert it into an RCA concection so you subs might not be plugged into the back of your head unit. Instead you can control them by your rear channel. To fix this you must find where the power inverter is (just follow your RCA cable on you amp until you find it) unplug it from the power inverter and plug it straight into the back of your head unit. Confusing i knowbut give it a try.:D

DeSi
12-06-2003, 10:33 AM
get it checked by whoever installed it