PDA

View Full Version : $250 to Open Account at TD

dezmarez
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/holiday/

l/l/rX
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
the stipulations for that $250 are not that bad at all...fairly easy to meet and do. I remember back in the day when they were giving out ipods, people were going crazy over that. You had to have like $5000 in a gic, open this, open that and get this. haha

TomcoPDR
11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
That sucks for existing LOYAL TD customers who has everything with them... I've already brought this up to TD's Western Canada president Mr. Tom Price in a past meeting. (that was about the free iPods; but then they did make it up by giving me a free TD coffee mug and $10 Tim Horton's gift card for my time from their customer feedback meeting)

Thanks for the post OP

dezmarez
11-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
That sucks for existing LOYAL TD customers who has everything with them... I've already brought this up to TD's Western Canada president Mr. Tom Price in a past meeting. (that was about the free iPods; but then they did make it up by giving me a free TD coffee mug and $10 Tim Horton's gift card for my time from their customer feedback meeting)

Thanks for the post OP

PM me!!

sneek
11-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Thanks for the post OP

:werd: but I think I got the fee waved for the Gold Elite card..so it isn't horrible.

JordanAndrew
11-20-2009, 03:56 PM
OP you got PM.

blownz
11-20-2009, 04:00 PM
PITA to get $250 imo. But good incentive if you were thinking about opening an accout there anyway.

sxtasy
11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I hate dealing with TD, always long lines, shitty service, ridiculous fees the list goes on. Not worth it imo. I will be switching all my accounts over to a local credit union.

Danny Meehan
11-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Does scotia bank have any investing services that are cheaper than TDs ?

adidas
11-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
I hate dealing with TD, always long lines, shitty service, ridiculous fees the list goes on. Not worth it imo. I will be switching all my accounts over to a local credit union.

Fuck, tell me about it.

I go to do some real banking and you seriously have 10-15+ ppl in line all waiting for pay off their gas, electric, cable, water, etc. in person through the bank teller. All this while their kid is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and them updating their SAVINGS account. I forgot to mention that their mother, father, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, other grandparents all come alone, like its a big secret into their JOINT account.

I forgot to mention, that during the peak times, they have 2 bank associates and 1 for business banking.

Im seriously thinking of switching banks.

sxtasy
11-20-2009, 05:29 PM
not to mention every time I go to cash a cheque they go CSI on my ass and try to find reasons to make me wait up to ten days to clear.

TDFTW
11-20-2009, 06:00 PM
I had an international money order. Good as cash.

They wanted to hold it 10 business days on me. I hate TD bank, I had a $15/mo unlimited plan, which I later found out they charged me for, but then also charged me for all my debit transactions which were suposed to be covered, and I ended up having to pay $80 for those 2 months. They still ahven't reimbursed me.

Sugarphreak
11-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Sapo
11-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Sorry, but what? Why would you stand in a line to cash a check or pay bills.... are you guys kidding me?

Due to lack of computer end english skills, majority of seniors, asians and east indians would line up to do banking with teller.

Go to any bank between 10am and 12 am. Nightmare!

dezmarez
11-21-2009, 11:04 AM
this is all very true,
but if you go into any banks you will notice it is the same thing with the line ups,
and i agree most of the people are going in to pay bills, take out cash all that kind of stuff that can be done through the machine...

if you deposit through the atm it all depends on your credit history as to if you will be able to access the funds right away,
so if you have shitty credit, you wont get any back, if you have good credit then you should get most if not all right away..

same can be said for depositing with the tellers..

Sugarphreak
11-21-2009, 01:05 PM

dezmarez
11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Also true, however unless you are new to the financial world there is a reason behind why they give shitty credit.

If the big banks give you shitty credit and hold checks (either at the ATM or Teller).... it will only be a matter of time before the credit union figures it out too.

ya thats what im pretty much saying,
so regardless of where you go,
your still going to run into the same problems as long as there is that mark on your credit

megavolt
11-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
This may be true, but likely anybody posting on Beyond could easily figure out the in's and out's of TD's "EasyWeb".

Sugarphreak... go back and read his post again... he said he was there to do 'real' banking and had to wait for the 15 people in line in front of him paying bills...

Sugarphreak
11-21-2009, 02:43 PM

TomcoPDR
11-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Sapo
seniors, asians and east indians would line up to do banking with teller.

Go to any bank between 10am and 12 am. Nightmare!

Oh tell me about it, I was in Markham, the TD by Pacific Mall trying to sort out a Calgary bill (so I had to talk to a teller)... Both Asian AND seniors, and I went during lunch.

But I've been with TD for so long that I forgive them.

But they need to reintroduce the 5 minute or less or $5 in your pocket. Then we'll send a flash mob of Beyonders waiting in line.

Fiddy Yen
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Danny Meehan
Does scotia bank have any investing services that are cheaper than TDs ?

For brokerage accounts? yes... they have itrade now (previously Etrade)