PDA

View Full Version : windshield chip repair

2000impreza
11-18-2003, 10:19 PM
over the weekend i some how got a huge rockchip on the windshield. almost the size of a quarter :eek: . took it to chrystal glass on center street to get it filled. almost can't tell there was a chip there. thought i would share.

rice_eater
11-18-2003, 11:30 PM
:drama: :rofl:

szw
11-18-2003, 11:37 PM
hey how much did it cost? Did you need an appt or drop in?

5gluder
11-18-2003, 11:39 PM
I always go to Speedy(i think) down in crowfoot plaza. They have done great work on my chips and cracks. Not too expensive either ussually around $30.

2000impreza
11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
i paid $35. a little on the high side... but oh well. this is the 3rd chip i had done by them.

initially went to speedy's on center street, told siad they don't repair windshields. not sure about the one in crowfoot.

there is usually a guy that is in the northland parking lot that does them for cheap.. but couldn't find him :rofl:

Wildcat
11-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
i paid $35. a little on the high side... but oh well. this is the 3rd chip i had done by them.

initially went to speedy's on center street, told siad they don't repair windshields. not sure about the one in crowfoot.

there is usually a guy that is in the northland parking lot that does them for cheap.. but couldn't find him :rofl:

the guys with the yellow tents in the parking lot do a shit job, its totally superficial. i got tagged by a rock the next day in the same spot and it was worse than before.

ShOwOfF
11-19-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

the guys with the yellow tents in the parking lot do a shit job, its totally superficial. i got tagged by a rock the next day in the same spot and it was worse than before.

the guys under the yellow tent only charged me $20 for the repair and he did a good job. Couldn't even see the chip. :)

CRXguy
11-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

should've drove by the safeway in crowfoot. there's a guy with a yellow tent there, most of the time. :D

i guess i should've had mine filled last year. damn subaru and their cheap oem windshields.

403Gemini
11-19-2003, 12:43 AM
doubt those guys with the tents are out now, heh i know in the summer there was one set up at southcenter mall with 2 chicks always workin it ;)

Wildcat
11-19-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF

the guys under the yellow tent only charged me $20 for the repair and he did a good job. Couldn't even see the chip. :)

true, it went away and i was impressed as soon as it was done, but it didnt last a day. :thumbsdow

cocoabrova
11-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Yellow tent dude did my rock chip...Good work, cheap, and still fine....Plus the w/s been hit in the same spot a couple times after:)

link785
11-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Yellow tent dude did my rock chip...Good work, cheap, and still fine....Plus the w/s been hit in the same spot a couple times after:)

I agree. Marlborough Mall yellow tent guy did mine, excellent job :thumbsup: