PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord...need advice...

noyzz_boyzz
11-18-2003, 10:22 PM
ok guys here is my problem:

I have a shit ass (excuse my language) car that I want to get rid of, but unfortunatey no one seems to be interested in it, even after putting up a FOR SALE sign. It's a 1988 Honda Accord EXi, 4 Door, auto, fully loaded (sunroof also), everything power with 224K, the body is a little dissapointing to look at...other than that the car runs fine...I got two offers one was $30 from the wrecker and $50 from another shop..I paid $1600...I got ripped off badly on this car...now I really learned my lesson and will never acquire an old car again..that was my first (old) car and will be my last old car ever.....the car is just sitting there in the parking lot and hasn't moved since I got my Integra...need to get rid of it before it gets towed away.......

any suggestions on gettimg rid of this car would be greatly appreciated....btw I am in the Toronto area...looking for above the $150 barrier if possible!

thanks guys...

noyzz_boyzz
11-19-2003, 02:32 PM
^bump

sputnik
11-19-2003, 02:41 PM
i dont know what is worse...

trying to sell a crappy $150 car that is 4000 km away

OR

someone actually buying it

:rofl:

noyzz_boyzz
11-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
i dont know what is worse...

trying to sell a crappy $150 car that is 4000 km away

OR

someone actually buying it

:rofl:

:english:

lol...ur funny man.....all I wanted was freakin advice on how to get rid of this car.....:bullshit:

Aleks
11-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz

:english:

lol...ur funny man.....all I wanted was freakin advice on how to get rid of this car.....:bullshit:

I belive what he's trying to say is that 99% of memebers on this board are from Calgary!
Do you guys have a Bargain Finder in Ontario? We have that here and it's free to put you ad in there. Usually it would generate some intrest! Good Luck.

GTS Jeff
11-19-2003, 06:43 PM
advertise it in auto trader.

Primer_Drift
11-20-2003, 02:50 AM
How about Ebay.ca (cheaper than .com I think) Or... trade it to a kid with a nice looking bicycle, then sell his bike at a pawnshop. :D
Whats wrong with the body anyway? Those cars are gold to a wrecker (window glass alone is $$$), I think they were just being cheapasses.

noyzz_boyzz
11-20-2003, 07:50 AM
^would you know the value of the car it self? and where I could get rid of it.....the body is rusted thats all...not rusted rusted...but its no pint of painting it..not worth it..

rc2002
11-20-2003, 10:01 AM
If it's running fine, I would think you could get at least $500 for it. But if you're having a really hard time selling it, I would drive it into the ground and then give it to the wreckers. Take it AUTOXing or to the track. I bet that car could still do a 20 second 1/4 mile. :burnout:

Or if you need a tax break, see if the kidney foundation or another charity would take it as a donation. The tax break could be way more than $150...

sputnik
11-20-2003, 11:15 AM
remember... he lives in ontario...

so the car probably gets washed in the summer... and salted for the other seasons

cars in southern ontario deteriorate faster than a cake in front of a fat kid.

rc2002
11-20-2003, 03:13 PM
cars in southern ontario deteriorate faster than a cake in front of a fat kid.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Primer_Drift
11-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Fully loaded 88 accord, w/ auto.. hell I could sell that for $1000. Just be patient, post the car in whatever you can for free. If that doesnt work, take out a pay add. Sooner or later someone will take an interest in it. You might not get a grand but it will be better than 60 bucks for sure.