PDA

View Full Version : Bugatti Veyron 16. Grand Sport test drive



E36M3
11-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Today I got to drive a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport for the first time, and I have to say that it is quite a remarkable car.

The exterior

In a lot of ways, the Bugatti seems to me like the love child of a Mercedes SLR Mclaren and a Bentley GT. It has a huge street presence, and has a beauty that I never realized from the brief times I have seen them in the past and in photos.

Having seen some photos of a Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic just minutes before first seeing the Grand Sport, I realized that the styling is a perfect blend of modern form while still having the feel of the 57. It isn't trying to be a modern version of a classic in the vein of the Ford GT, Mini Cooper or VW New Beetle, but is definitely paying homage to its heritage. In the same way that a Ferrari is instantly identifiable as a Ferrari, the Veyron will remind those who love the type 57 instantly of where it came from.

The Grand Sport is an even more stunning car than the original, and the convertible roof looks great on and off. An excellent umbrella system replaces the roof if you get caught out in the rain. Unlike the Lamborghini Murcielago, the "umbrella" system on the Veyron is the real deal, can be installed in a minute or two and full functional up to 130 km/h.

The interior

Again, this car instantly reminds me of a Bentley or a Rolls Royce. Everything from the roof to floor is covered in gorgeous leather or high quality metal. The interior is classic and timeless, and the ergonomics are as good as it gets. Beautiful carbon fiber seats are extremely comfortable but very functional. The car is easy to get in and out of, and all the controls are very intuitive. The steering wheel is small and serious, and the pedals are the perfect size and placement.

The sound

Compared to many other exotics and hyper exotics, the Veyron is quite conservatively tuned. It lets out a nice low rumble, but in my opinion it is too quiet. Cruising around town you wouldn't know that you weren't in a Toyota Camry based on sound alone, and I don't think that is a good thing.

Press the pedal though, and the four turbochargers make their presence known.. they are loud and you never forget that there is a huge W16 behind your head.

...more to come, will describe the drive later, its late.

E36M3
11-11-2009, 12:26 AM
the motor

E36M3
11-11-2009, 12:28 AM
interior

E36M3
11-11-2009, 12:28 AM
rear, spoiler up

E36M3
11-11-2009, 12:29 AM
exhaust

Jlude
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

you lucky sob

BenC
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
U lucky fuck.

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Awesome ... what's up with the manufacturer plate? Press fleet vehicle?

E36M3
11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Yup. They take it through North America for press and potential customers to see/drive. This one has 8000 miles on it already, so its been well exercised.


Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Awesome ... what's up with the manufacturer plate? Press fleet vehicle?

cjblair
11-11-2009, 12:38 AM
That is awesome, good for you man.

cannondale1
11-11-2009, 12:39 AM
You know you need one, man.

Jlude
11-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
Yup. They take it through North America for press and potential customers to see/drive. This one has 8000 miles on it already, so its been well exercised.



Nice. Does that mean you were able to really get it going? That would be quite an experience, to put the pedal down on a Veyron.

atgilchrist
11-11-2009, 09:26 AM
You lucky, lucky asshole (I mean that in the best way possible). :drool:

Mar
11-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't get it. Can you afford this? Were you thinking about buying it? What's the deal?

syeve
11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm guessing he can afford it. Beautiful car...somehow just driving one strikes me as a lifetime accomplishment.

CSMRX7
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM
:drool:

JAYMEZ
11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Are you gunna be buying one? Lucky SOB for sure!!

benz_890
11-11-2009, 11:11 AM
if you buy it can I ride shotgun? :D :D :D :D

Jlude
11-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by syeve
I'm guessing he can afford it. Beautiful car...somehow just driving one strikes me as a lifetime accomplishment.

+1 Of course it is!

Kobe
11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I don't get it. Can you afford this? Were you thinking about buying it? What's the deal?

The OP has a few very very nice cars already ;)


That would be sick to test drive though.. Buy one pleaseeeee

syeve
11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
If he buys one I call first photoshoot...or whenever really.

jdm_eg6
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
thats wicked, not many people get that chance!! must have been quite the experience




..but, i dont see any 'motors' displayed by your photo. I think we only care about the engine. ;)

Originally posted by E36M3
the motor

irs
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
very sweet indeed.
Hit us up when you get one.
Love to have a shot gun test drive.

Also just to drool over it as well.
:drool:

E36M3
11-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Second photo posted is of the motor. I will post some more pics when I get a chance, I have some nicer ones of the motor.


Originally posted by jdm_eg6
thats wicked, not many people get that chance!! must have been quite the experience




..but, i dont see any 'motors' displayed by your photo. I think we only care about the engine. ;)

E36M3
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
a motor shot by request

E36M3
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Another motor shot.. although I think the motor is a work of art, the car itself is much more impressive. The entire package is just awe inspiring.

E36M3
11-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I didn't understand that this was a joke the first time I read it, I just thought you didn't know proper english.

I'm still not sure why this is funny, unless you don't know what a motor is and/or don't understand that it is a synonym for engine.


Originally posted by jdm_eg6
thats wicked, not many people get that chance!! must have been quite the experience




..but, i dont see any 'motors' displayed by your photo. I think we only care about the engine. ;)

bwling
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow, awesome man! :thumbsup:

So, how was the driving experience?

anothers10
11-21-2009, 07:47 AM
So have you placed an order ?

Vagabond142
11-22-2009, 12:51 AM
If I'm not mistaken, E36M3 is the richest beyond member, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could easily afford a Bugatti Veyron :D

That said, goddamn motherfucker for teasing us all like this :D :D :D

SCHIDER23
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
:drool: Lucky Guy :drool:

lexw
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
:dunno:

vtec4life
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Anyone else think those wheels are nasty?

trikypenguin
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
im not digging the colour scheme or wheels at all on that one, but nice car none the less

badatusrnames
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Meh. No big deal.


J/k

R154
11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
His CGT is beautiful. Nice guy to boot. Are you jealous?

Vagabond142
11-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by lexw


How did you verify he's the richest beyond member? :thumbsdow

...Suck up

I didn't. I just base my opinion off his previous comments on Beyond and his garage (as much as he has shared with us, that is).

483hp
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
[B]Today I got to drive a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport for the first time, and I have to say that it is quite a remarkable car.


Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing!

jdm_eg6
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
Sorry, I didn't understand that this was a joke the first time I read it, I just thought you didn't know proper english.

I'm still not sure why this is funny, unless you don't know what a motor is and/or don't understand that it is a synonym for engine.



jealous of your chance to own/experience such excellent vehicles. therefore i must find some sort of flaw to exploit ;)

regardless, i think owning this very rare machine would be one of the best exotic purchases to make. Let us know if it becomes part of your collection.

Mar
12-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I'd like to know how you're acquiring one of 15 cars in North America. Did an owner have spells of dementia and decided to sell under an altered state of mind?:dunno:

FraserB
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I'd like to know how you're acquiring one of 15 cars in North America. Did an owner have spells of dementia and decided to sell under an altered state of mind?:dunno:

I think its 1 in 14 now, some guy down in Florida wrecked his in a swamp.

Cody D
12-07-2009, 09:55 PM
What a great experience that would be.


Originally posted by Mar
I'd like to know how you're acquiring one of 15 cars in North America. Did an owner have spells of dementia and decided to sell under an altered state of mind?:dunno:

At no point in this thread did he say he was buying one, he test drove a press vehicle.

Mar
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by FraserB


I think its 1 in 14 now, some guy down in Florida wrecked his in a swamp. That was in Texas and that car had a salvage title before that guy put it in the swamp, he owns a business fixing wrecked exotics. So he'll just fix it again and it'll be 15 once again. And this is the Grand Sport so maybe more like 1 in 3 or something like that.


Originally posted by Cody D
At no point in this thread did he say he was buying one, he test drove a press vehicle.
Maybe I missed the point of this thread, I see he took it for a test drive. If he hadn't planned on buying it, what was he testing? If he wasn't buying, it was a drive, not a test drive. He got to drive the car.

Cody D
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Maybe I missed the point of this thread, I see he took it for a test drive. If he hadn't planned on buying it, what was he testing? If he wasn't buying, it was a drive, not a test drive. He got to drive the car.

You're arguing semantics, the term test drive doesn't always show an intent to purchase. In this case I understood his test drive as his chance to experience the car and that's it.

ZorroAMG
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Why do you care so much, Mar?

You look a little green....

Jlude
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Why do you care so much, Mar?

You look a little green....

Hahaha... just a little.

derpderp
12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
/

ZorroAMG
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, well E36M3 lost a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to Veyron.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E1j8gmCIr9w/SdNl4ocRY8I/AAAAAAAAC_U/NUd7Ccp3gzE/s320/geico+Money.png

Cody D
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah, well E36M3 lost a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to Veyron

Awesome.