PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for paper

crazyning
11-19-2003, 12:31 AM
As part of an assignment at SAIT, I'm required to write a report on an emerging technology. But, I'm having trouble thinking of any emerging technologies. It all seems old to me, and I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks is a good subject.

Thanks.

sandman
11-19-2003, 12:31 AM
that "camless" technology thingy that here a lil while ago?

crazyning
11-19-2003, 12:32 AM
Preferably computer related...

Davetronz
11-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Wireless ANYTHING(new protocols, 802.11G etc).
BlueTooth
Household Automation Systems
64 or 128 bit architecture
Decreasing size of IC chips
More efficient electronic components (smaller but more powerful, less power hungry)
VOIP
Growing trend of more people being intouch with computers/technology
Robots (Mars Rover, Battlebots, RC devices)
Lifelike AI
I will think of more, but thats a start.
(What class is it for, who's teaching it?)

Dave
(CNT)

crazyning
11-19-2003, 01:25 AM
It's a for a Business Programming course (CMPP 368) taught by Nicole Berard. She suggested some topics, but I didn't want to do something that everybody else is doing, so I tried to think of something. I'll probably end up doing it on wireless technology, even though half the class is probably writing their paper on it.

Davetronz
11-19-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by crazyning
It's a for a Business Programming course (CMPP 368) taught by Nicole Berard. She suggested some topics, but I didn't want to do something that everybody else is doing, so I tried to think of something. I'll probably end up doing it on wireless technology, even though half the class is probably writing their paper on it.
Is that done in C programming?

crazyning
11-19-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Is that done in C programming?

The course is part of the Computer Technology program, and is done in Access. It's one of the courses in the fourth semester. The main focus of CT is Java, but they wanted to introduce some other software development tools that might be useful in the workplace.

lint
11-19-2003, 10:22 AM
How about nano technology and micro computing? More interesting than wireless IMO. UofC has a few chem profs that are quite well known for their work on nano chemistry, at least there were a few when I was still there.

Edit: Didn't see that you were at SAIT. Another interesting one would be organic electroluminescence (organic LEDs essentially) Wide range of possible applications, including flat panel displays, and by flat I mean roll up into a tube type deal.