PDA

View Full Version : elbow pains

Kozikman
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I've started lifting and bulking about 2 months ago with a trainer, made great progress but now i'm noticing pains in my right elbow. It feels like a sharp stabbing pain below my triceps around my elbow. My left elbow is fine though.

What could be the cause of this? Should i rest for a week before i start up again?

BigMass
11-11-2009, 05:08 PM
triceps tendonitis... Pain is right at the pointy part of the elbow right? I eventually got this in both my elbows and after a year it still hasn’t gone away. Probably something i'll live with all my life to some extent. I believe i got this from using heavy weights with little warm-up which aggravated and inflamed the tendons. My advice to you before it gets as bad as i have it is: Warm up properly with light weight, stay away from triceps pushdowns, extensions and exercise like dips which really put pressure on the triceps tendon. For upper body pressing exercises I recommend sticking with machines for heavier work.

Because of the tendonitis i've gone from 300lb bench presses to doing nothing more than push ups and using resistance bands. It sucks ass. Be careful with the heavy weights is all i can say.

Masked Bandit
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I have the same thing in both elbows / arms. Warm-up is KEY. Oddly enough the pain is at it's worst when I've taken a month or two break. For the first few weeks back the pain is quite bad. After three or four good solid weeks I'm pain free again.