PDA

View Full Version : Blood work

Supa Dexta
11-11-2009, 05:55 PM
More and more lately I've been thinking I should look into some issues that have been creeping up with me. I don't have an AB doctor, or any experience with the health system out here though, so where do I start.

Do I go to a walk in clinic, tell them whats on my mind and they'll take care of me?

Basically I have a couple things in mind myself, that could be thyroid or diabetes related, given some family history. I would think blood work would be where to start. :dunno:

ExtraSlow
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
You can do the walk in clinic, or you can call healthlink and find a doctor in your area that's accepting new patients.
imo, it's handy to have a regular doctor.
clincs are a gongshow.

nismodrifter
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I agree with ExtraSlow in that you should think about having a regular family physician if you are planning on living in AB for a significant length of time. Bouncing around from clinic to clinic means that everytime you visit a new doctor they will be starting on a fresh slate with you without any knowledge of your past medical history/specific issues.

Check out this link: http://www.cpsa.ab.ca/PhysicianSearch/AdvancedSearch.aspx

Select family physicians, click the box that says "Only show physicians accepting new patients", then type in your info etc and take a look at which doctors in your area/city are accepting new patients. Pick one, then book an appt with them.

After you discuss your concerns with el doctoro he/she can determine which tests (if any) would be helpful in figuring out what is going on, you get the tests done then follow up with the doc once results are in.

Darkane
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Orrrrrrr, you could contact Andrew Gustafson @Natural High Athletics in Okotoks and ask for a biosigniture analysis.

It will tell you if your cortisol, insulin, testosterone, estrogen hormones are doing. It's very accurate and the next step after that is usually blood work.

Look up Coach Poliquins biosigniutre analysis, he's a world renown strength coach.

Supa Dexta
11-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Is that a cash jobbie?^ And if so whats it run... My symptoms are decreased vision, low energy, decreased sex drive, and a couple of times over the last yr or 2 I've almost fainted out of no where, and for no real reason that I could tell at the time. :nut: Late 20's, in fairly good shape, although I now sit at a computer, where I used to live in a farm and be fairly active.. Even putting in an effort to work out more, hasn't turned anything around for me. I was blaming the vision and low energy to sitting at a computer, but it seems to be more then that. And I was blaming the lowered sex drive on being in a long term relationship I didn't want to be in anymore.. Into a new relationship now and I just don't feel as frisky as I used to.. :thumbsdow

Darkane
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Is that a cash jobbie?^ And if so whats it run... My symptoms are decreased vision, low energy, decreased sex drive, and a couple of times over the last yr or 2 I've almost fainted out of no where, and for no real reason that I could tell at the time. :nut: Late 20's, in fairly good shape, although I now sit at a computer, where I used to live in a farm and be fairly active.. Even putting in an effort to work out more, hasn't turned anything around for me. I was blaming the vision and low energy to sitting at a computer, but it seems to be more then that. And I was blaming the lowered sex drive on being in a long term relationship I didn't want to be in anymore.. Into a new relationship now and I just don't feel as frisky as I used to.. :thumbsdow

Yes, cash job.

I 'believe' it's 70 bucks, but he'll also give you pointers on how to fix it. Assuming there is something wrong or out of whack.

It does sound like you might have some Cortisol issues and based on that low<er> Testosterone than you use to have.

Tell him the Fort. McMurray guy sent you, he'll take care of you.