PDA

View Full Version : Have you slept in your car?

redline_13000
11-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Only time i can remember, went camping with a bunch of friends, they were all comfortable in the tents and I couldn't stand it so i slept in the back seat of the Jimmy. Worst sleep of my life. One thing i wanna try is turning up the heat full blast and sleeping in it overnight this winter, the sound of the heater makes me so sleepy:zzz: :D

method
11-19-2003, 02:43 AM
I've slept in my protege5 when I was drunk as fucking hell. the seats weren't completely flat so I had this HUGE pain in the small of my back...

another time I went to sylvan lake with my friends... my friend rich and I went up in my mom's van towing our sea-doo, while our other two friends went up in their jetta. I couldn't find a sleeping bag that wasnt full of mildew (sister had sleeping bag in south america) so I took a couple blankets and two of those blue foamie mat deals. I had like... 5 beers trying to get to sleep and I still couldn't... my friend fell asleep like nothing and snored his ass off... at 4 in the morning my other friend knocked on the window and scared the hell out of me, and asked if she could sleep in there with us. she got to sleep instantly too. I froze my fucking ass off the whole night. I was so tired I didnt go to the beach with them in the morning and they got pissed cause I wouldnt let them use the sea-doo :poosie: I slept in and the sun came out and turned the car into an oven, and I woke up in a pool of sweat.

note to self: find sleeping bag, take air mattress.

it SEEMED like a good idea at the time... and what the hell, it was free :)

5gluder
11-19-2003, 05:38 AM
During the summer i would ussually sleep during my lunch break. I have never slept for more than an hour though.

pinoyhero
11-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Once me and 3 of my buddies went camping and got too drunk to set up the tent so we just slept in the tercel, damn my neck hurt after that.

Ekliptix
11-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Drunk, kicked out of host house at ~3am. Still drunk. slept in car/

Davan
11-19-2003, 09:48 AM
I slept in my car once... Remember those huge storms out by Sylvan Lake / Pine Lake a couple years ago? Yeah. I was camping in that.... the tent got ripped right out of the ground by the wind... so I turned a picnic table upside down on top of it to hold it there, and ran for the car.

B17a
11-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Sadly, many times. It's always nice and warm when you're hammered and fall asleep in a car. But when you wake up with your ass frozen to the seat, that's when you realize, ahhhh shit, how the hell did I end up here!

RiceCake
11-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Fell asleep a few times in the car.... wake up pretty sore.

403Gemini
11-19-2003, 10:21 AM
only fell asleep while driving ;) :thumbsup: (j/k heh)

Mr.Touchdown
11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
the only time i have slept in a car or any vehicle was on a military ex, boy those canadain LAV's are so warn in you will sleep like a baby.

Hakkola
11-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Yeah, there's been the odd messed up time I've had to sleep in my car...

It's not so bad though cuz my front seats recline all the way so it's like a bed :thumbsup:

girlRACER
11-19-2003, 11:14 AM
I remember sleeping in a rental mustang on a ferry from victoria to vancouver. I was so tired :nut: I don't think I could ever sleep in my car though. Too small :thumbsdow

ecstasy_civic
11-19-2003, 11:44 AM
I slept in my RX7 twice, once camping, once on the way back from a road trip, I just couldnt keep my eyes open anymore.

And once in an 81' camaro (WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Broke down in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere coming back from cloverdale in BC, had to sleep it out til daylight.

3G
11-19-2003, 11:50 AM
I slept in the backseat of the minivan a lot of times on the way to and from Edmonton.

worst thing is sittin upright in a car :thumbsdow :werd:

SwitchBlade
11-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Did it once cold as hell though. Could never do it now my car is too small. So damn uncomfy and my windows fogged up :bigpimp:

hjr
11-19-2003, 01:46 PM
never overnight, but iv have not had any problems with naps...

Gondi Stylez
11-19-2003, 02:08 PM
i have slpet in my car overnight and im damn proud of it!! hahahahahaha :clap:

but thas cuz i was sooooooooo damn happy!!!! :bigpimp:

EK 2.0
11-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Used to take naps during the lunch hour in it, when the weather was nicer...and Once or twice pulled an overnighter in the Talon...Dudes and Dudettes...Never sleep in a Talon unless you are under 4 feet tall...:drama:

CRXguy
11-19-2003, 02:43 PM
I've done so many times. It sucks when you're in the van with the whole family, so you're basically sleeping sitting up. :rofl: :nut:

Recently was on a road trip down to the States this summer. It gets pretty damn cold at night! haha

littledan
11-19-2003, 02:58 PM
i think a more interesting question is who has 'slept' in their car... ha. :poosie:

davidI
11-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by littledan
i think a more interesting question is who has 'slept' in their car... ha. :poosie:

Bindar Dundat.

xkon
11-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by littledan

my thoughts exactly :bigpimp:

ive slept in my car many times... too drunk, tired, whatever.... worst is when you fall asleep and when you wake up its -20 in the car :(

Fluidic
11-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Slept in my Jetta once. I had a sleeping bag though. Just folded the rear seats, got in through the trunk, closed it, head was laying on my supplied pillow which was on the folded down back portion of the seats. This was early summer, had a very good sleep. :)

C4S
11-19-2003, 03:52 PM
:( Last yr, when I drove back from Vancouver, it was 25 degree in Vancouver, and I was driving the car with topdown .. but . when I drove near by Banff .. SNOW !! heavy snow ! I couldn't even see the road ! but huge trucks just keep passing me ! and my car was with SUMMER tires ! so I had to park the car on the side, and sleep till next morning ! :( :( and .. DAMN COLD !!

^SkylinE^
11-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Left at 10:00pm to head to Van city with one of my buddys to go party at UBC and U of VIC. We got to Van City in 9 hours but we were super tired so we crashed in his intergra for a few hours and then tried to find the university. Best road trip i have ever been on. I recomend that if you have buddys at U of Vic to go and check it out i love that campus and the people are awsome!

mo_virgin
11-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Damn straight.... U vic Rules

ninspeed
11-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Davan
I slept in my car once... Remember those huge storms out by Sylvan Lake / Pine Lake a couple years ago? Yeah. I was camping in that.... the tent got ripped right out of the ground by the wind... so I turned a picnic table upside down on top of it to hold it there, and ran for the car.
and i was in the cab of my truck sleeping away.... :D :D

I did sleep in thetruck once on a cold night and left the vents on recir and had all the windows closed.... i ran out of air half way though the night... :D

Paul
11-19-2003, 09:12 PM
can't sleep in the car, racing seats don't recline back far enough, however i have slept in my minivan before. it was my first weekend back in lethbridge and wanted to show some friends how the back seats fold into a bed and ended up crashing in the back. not the best sleep i've ever had

Cryo
11-19-2003, 09:24 PM
lastnight my girlfriend and i not only slept in the car below but i think we broke a strut :burnout:

EK 2.0
11-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Cryo
lastnight my girlfriend and i not only slept in the car below but i think we broke a strut :burnout:

OOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE...sooky sooky now...

illeagle
11-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Haha one time i was cleaning my van, and i fell asleep in the back! ( still holding the windex and paper towels) then there's the too drunk to drive sleeps.. :D ;) :tongue:

finboy
11-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Cryo

nice sig :thumbsup:

nickopolis
11-19-2003, 10:50 PM
went aftergrade camping and a bunch of us stumbled back to our camp at about 4 drunk as hell and i had forgot to set up my tent so i slept in a car in the upright passenger seat worrst sleep of my life

ryder_23
11-19-2003, 11:11 PM
^
:werd:

we had 3 seperate aftergrads all 3 weekends in row, all of which i guess passed out in car. It was kinda shitty, but at the time it was comfy :thumbsup:

link785
11-20-2003, 12:04 AM
The WORST sleep of my life was on the floor of Toronto's Pearson airport. I hate waiting overnight for connecting flights :thumbsdow

I slept once in my very first car, long story as to why, it actually was a pretty comfortable sleep.

rice_eater
11-20-2003, 12:55 AM
the neon is a good sleep...you can put the front seat down almost flat :thumbsup:

PGTze
11-20-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Davan

I've done the same thing in a mini van. Those seats dont recline back very far. My back has never been the same.

scrapyrs
11-20-2003, 01:12 AM
drove from Vernon to Whistler, on the way up Sea to Sky highway there was a truck that was on fire so we had a dealy for 3 hours. There were no camgrounds that had any spots let. The Nissan Micra was full with a sub box and we had three bikes and all our gear in the car. We slept in the car that night with semi trucks going by all night. If I had a scanner I would show you all the pic of the morning after. It was the worst sleep I have ever had.

Mike

Ben
11-20-2003, 01:46 AM
only once, was super tired and was a long ways yet from home.

Pulled over, fully reclined my Recaros, grabbed my blanket and pillow I keep in the rear and set my cell alarm to wake me up in5 hours. was amazed at the comfort of the seats! nice firm sleep and the huge bolsters made for handy "anti-sleep rolling" devices" hahaha